Government Drops Defense Of Anti-gay-marriage Law

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Government drops defense of anti-gay-marriage law
Government drops defense of anti-gay-marriage law
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-24 13:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Im not an Atheist, Im a non-religious Catholic. I make fun of religious people al the time due to their sheeple-minded attitudes and their beliefs that if they leave their life in the hands of an imaginary being, they'll be able to inherit treasure or some ***like that.
how does that work?
is it the same as a non-practicing jew?
i've always been curious.
my take on it is that you still associate yourself with the belief but don't attend?
yes?
it's still a bit of a false-answer because it's not really fully expressing what you do believe, unless you'd rather just let your words illustrate your beliefs in a not so direct fashion. :P
Ive been baptised and all that hoopla, but Ive stopped going to church. i live my life along the knowledge of whats right and whats wrong. If that makes sense.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-02-24 13:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:
Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

So by posting in this thread I am addressing every homosexual in the world? I don't think so. I am not judging anyone, I'm a sinner, EVERYONE is a sinner. I am saying that I don't think anyone should do anything sinful IN a religious place under the guidance of a religious representative, in the name of God (I really, really cannot understand what you are missing here, really).

I have never been calmer. They are not "my beliefs", please take all scriptures related to homosexuality and try and interpret them to make them sound like God does not mind it.

Stop shooting the messenger, seriously. So you're mad at religion and don't wanna follow God, so what, don't aim all your misconceptions and disagreements at me, I posted my opinion on the topic at hand, aimed at noone, which is exactly what discussion forums are for. I am not here to answer your every question.

Oh. Ok. I misunderstood. I thought these were your beliefs, not God's. You're just the messenger.

That makes my question the easiest of all: why should God's word have any say at all over our laws?
Because we owe everything to God, you wouldn't even be here to ask that question if it wasn't for him, that's just what people fail to appreciate.

Now I get it. Gay couples shouldn't be allowed to get married, even in their own churches, because the U.S. should be a Christian theocracy which operates according to your understanding (=God's understanding) of Christianity! And the reason for this is that God created us.

It's all suddenly so clear.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-24 13:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

So by posting in this thread I am addressing every homosexual in the world? I don't think so. I am not judging anyone, I'm a sinner, EVERYONE is a sinner. I am saying that I don't think anyone should do anything sinful IN a religious place under the guidance of a religious representative, in the name of God (I really, really cannot understand what you are missing here, really).

I have never been calmer. They are not "my beliefs", please take all scriptures related to homosexuality and try and interpret them to make them sound like God does not mind it.

Stop shooting the messenger, seriously. So you're mad at religion and don't wanna follow God, so what, don't aim all your misconceptions and disagreements at me, I posted my opinion on the topic at hand, aimed at noone, which is exactly what discussion forums are for. I am not here to answer your every question.

Oh. Ok. I misunderstood. I thought these were your beliefs, not God's. You're just the messenger.

That makes my question the easiest of all: why should God's word have any say at all over our laws?
Because we owe everything to God, you wouldn't even be here to ask that question if it wasn't for him, that's just what people fail to appreciate.

Now I get it. Gay couples shouldn't be allowed to get married, even in their own churches, because the U.S. should be a Christian theocracy which operates according to your understanding (=God's understanding) of Christianity! And the reason for this is that God created us.

translated: God hates ***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-24 13:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you're right, because those fragments were just found in back yard and assumed to be 6,000-12,000 years old. Aren't you brilliant at conveying that your opinion is informed and unbiased.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-24 13:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

No, not the US, every living human should follow and love God with all their heart, soul, mind and body. I am glad that you finally, after repeating myself multiple times and simplifying it to the level a three year old could understand, understand the point I was making.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-02-24 13:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, at least he believes the earth is older than 5,000 years.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-02-24 13:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:
Cerberus.Starr said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

No, not the US, every living human should follow and love God with all their heart, soul, mind and body. I am glad that you finally, after repeating myself multiple times and simplifying it to the level a three year old could understand, understand the point I was making.

Every governing body on the planet should fashion its laws so that it becomes a Christian theocracy?

This is brilliant! Keep going.
[+]
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-24 13:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's normally 6-7,000 years that Creationists believe in (though some argue ~12,000, just to correct you there Kanjirou.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-24 13:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:
Cerberus.Starr said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

Every governing body on the planet should fashion its laws so that it becomes a Christian theocracy?

This is brilliant! Keep going.
I don't think there's any more I can say, PM me if you have any questions my friend.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-24 13:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:
Yes, you're right, because those fragments were just found in back yard and assumed to be 6,000-12,000 years old. Aren't you brilliant at conveying that your opinion is informed and unbiased.
Im just saying, people finding old ***under the earth and letting other humans to approximate the age of said object. Im just saying it is easy for any ole turdface to find old chicken bones and claim its from the BC era.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-24 13:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Starr cant explain the dinosaurs, so all his arguments are NULL till he does.
[+]
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-24 13:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So you'll use carbon dating to claim that dinosaurs exists (and contradict the Bible) then when it is used to validate the historicity of the Bible you will claim it's false? You are so smart, why didn't I think of that?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-02-24 13:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you know that the world wasn't created by a High School girl under 10 years ago and these history and our memories are just made up memories due to this?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-24 13:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
How do you know that the world wasn't created by a High School girl under 10 years ago and these history and our memories are just made up memories due to this?
/shoos kaly back to ni since he appears to be lost
go play pokemon, shoo shoo.

if i see any aliens i'll tell ya.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-02-24 13:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:

I don't think there's any more I can say, PM me if you have any questions my friend.

No that's OK, you've served as a wonderful example here as to exactly why this issue should not be decided by majority vote, but instead come down to the courts. Apparently you not only believe that gay marriage is a sacrilege on par with having sex in church, you think that, in order to accommodate this belief, our very system of government should be thrown out in favor of something closer to that of Iran.

I mean, really, now, it's just beyond the pal.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-24 13:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:
So you'll use carbon dating to claim that dinosaurs exists (and contradict the Bible) then when it is used to validate the historicity of the Bible you will claim it's false? You are so smart, why didn't I think of that?
I think believing that dinosaurs existed 65 million years ago, the big bang theory, and evolution is far better than believing in some made-up guy who watches everything you do and you have to pledge your undivided loyalty to him otherwise he sends your soul to some lake of fire somewhere under the ground.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-02-24 13:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:

I'll give you one big cookie for using historicity in a sentance correctly. But it's going to have a huge bite out of it for not explaining what carbon dating validated in the bible.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-24 13:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:
i think the bible had some facets in history to an extent, and most of that extent is well-documented.
as for it proving the legitimacy of the belief, that I do not believe in.
It pretty much just affirms the existence of the bible in said time frame, but not so much supporting the theology of it IMO.
if you get to something trying to push that logic a lot of that is perceptual conjecture.

IE, the bible doesn't have to be completely word for word true, but only based around the events surrounding.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-24 13:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

point is, Obama is a closeted homo, gays should marry and be miserable, and evolution DID happen.

/thread
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-24 13:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

I'll give you one big cookie for using historicity in a sentance correctly. But it's going to have a huge bite out of it for not explaining what carbon dating validated in the bible.
It validates the location of the Israelites (Jews), the duration of their beliefs etc etc, (not the existence of God, I clearly did not say this). I thought an intellectual like yourself would have been able to acknowledge this from reading the examples that I posted, actually you probably didn't even read it because you're so biased and bigoted.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-02-24 13:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Starr said:
i think the bible had some facets in history to an extent, and most of that extent is well-documented.
It pretty much just affirms the existence of the bible in said time frame, but not so much supporting the theology of it IMO.
if you get to something trying to push that logic a lot of that is perceptual conjecture.

IE, the bible doesn't have to be completely word for word true, but only based around the events surrounding.
Metamorphosis of Ovid - compare it to the Bible ^_= You'll see many similarities.

The Bible is just an old History Textbook that uses ghosts and the supernatural to tell its' stories and explain its' stories.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-24 13:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
point is, Obama is a closeted homo, gays should marry and be miserable, and evolution DID happen.

/thread

Obama also needs to do some big stuff before 2012 elections due to him failing to live up to what he promised.

Oh look. Here we are.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-24 13:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

Metamorphosis of Ovid - compare it to the Bible ^_= You'll see many similarities.

The Bible is just an old History Textbook that uses ghosts and the supernatural to tell its' stories and explain its' stories.
Yup.
:D
If you'll look at many of the religious texts around that time period(and pre-dating said period) you will see a lot of repeating concepts and values...i think some of the values were adopted mutually throughout, or adopted(in the case of predating philosophy) in the new testament values.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-24 13:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

/thread

Obama also needs to do some big stuff before 2012 elections due to him failing to live up to what he promised.

Oh look. Here we are.
Im surprised people were expecting him to achieve anything.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-24 13:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

/thread

Oh look. Here we are.

I wasnt. I get to be one of the "I told you so" people.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-24 13:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

HOMOS SHOULD MARRY IN CHURCHES JUST TO PISS GOD OFF!

Then we can witness a re-enactment of the firebombing of Sodom.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-24 13:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

How does it feel to know not even the president cares about your shitty states?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-02-24 13:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

/thread

Oh look. Here we are.

I wasnt. I get to be one of the "I told you so" people.
Honestly it was either him or McCain/Palin. Lesser of the two evils. That's all elections are now-a-days. I'm starting to think that I should just say "*** voting" and not vote until I see a guy worthy of my precious vote.
Or just vote for Micky Mouse.
 Caitsith.Sai
Server: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2011-02-24 13:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:

No that's OK, you've served as a wonderful example here as to exactly why this issue should not be decided by majority vote, but instead come down to the courts. Apparently you not only believe that gay marriage is a sacrilege on par with having sex in church, you think that, in order to accommodate this belief, our very system of government should be thrown out in favor of something closer to that of Iran.

I mean, really, now, it's just beyond the pal.

Straw man here maybe? I dont care for starr and dont care to defend their ideas but it is very hypocritical to attack an idea you dont agree with while defending another idea from attack for the same reason.

It doesnt matter how much people *** and moan there is no such thing as Shangri-La. People must compromise. If you can't see this you are part of the problem and not the solution. Its not about proving whos right and whos wrong its about making all our lives better.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-24 13:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

Yup.
:D
If you'll look at many of the religious texts around that time period(and pre-dating said period) you will see a lot of repeating concepts and values...i think some of the values were adopted mutually throughout, or adopted(in the case of predating philosophy) in the new testament values.

I think this video is mildly appropriate to this discussion:

First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10