Rift
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 31 32 33
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-25 06:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They've added several servers since yesterday afternoon. I'll update the OP shortly.

I hit level 12 on my cleric last night. I don't like my current build though. I think it'll be good later on, but right now it's lacking instant heals.

Edit: OP updated. Added the latest servers, and I removed the link to the server list. They haven't been updating the post.
 Valefor.Milkjug
Server: Valefor
user: Milkjug
By Valefor.Milkjug 2011-02-25 07:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They added a bunch of servers(I know I counted at least 9). Luckily after about an hour after launch I found a PvE server with only about a 30 minute wait, some of the PvP servers were 6+hours (6,000+ people in queue). I got lvl 15 on my cleric last night, I am waiting for my friend to catch up, over all super happy with the way my character is going. I'm on the awesomely named "Deepwood" (lulz) if anyone wants to venture into...deepwood...?
 Quetzalcoatl.Aaradia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: izzlet
By Quetzalcoatl.Aaradia 2011-02-25 11:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how they added in ancient cairns hidden in the mountains, along with a bunch of artifacts, for people like me with a weird urge to climb around on them. :P
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-25 15:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Those and puzzles will be the bane of my existence, I plan to find them without using guides. :<
 Asura.Authority
Server: Asura
user: Authority
By Asura.Authority 2011-02-25 16:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I was originally having a hard time deciding which faction I wanted to play, and then I did some research on the lore. It seems that the Defiants have seen the end of everything, and have time traveled back to save the world, while the Guardians have done everything in their power to appease their Gods and overall halt any progression towards salvation.

Basically, it is up to the Defiants to change the course of time and actually have an impact on how everything turns out, while the Guardians are just there for the ride. It makes me wonder why Trion gave the Guardians such a weak lore?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-25 16:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The Defiants caused the opening of the rifts, (the weakening of "The Ward"), and in retaliation, the Guardians destroyed the machines in their capitol of Meridian. The Vigil gave them the power to fight Regulos and the rest of the Blood Storm, that does not make the Guardians the pious, holier-than-thou figures that they're so often portrayed as. The Guardian in the opening cinematic said it best, "I was not chosen for my faith". All guardians are chosen for their skill in battle, not their faith in the Vigil.

When the Guardians destroyed the Defiant's machines, Regulos descended on the land and swallowed it, and began covering it in the plane of death. That's where the beginning of the Guardian storyline takes place, where the King of Mathosia has fallen under Regulos' power and is aiding in the destruction of his own people. Later, when you go into the future to the fall of Port Scion, you realize that Regulos was also one of the major catalysts behind the war between the Defiants and the Guardians.

The Defiant's story begins in the future, where Regulos has already devoured the land and in a last desperate gamble at correcting their mistakes, they send you back in time to prevent the destruction of Meridian. Neither side is right or wrong, the Defiants caused the apocalypse and want to make right for their wrongs, but the Guardians know that they're the reason for their undoing, and the Vigil wants to see them punished for allowing the Planes to invade their sanctuary. It's a bunch of gray with very little black or white.
 Asura.Authority
user: Authority
By Asura.Authority 2011-02-25 16:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

But in the end, since the Defiants have the power to go back and change history, and the Guardians are simply treading along their already written path, doesn't that mean that in essence the Defiants are the direct cause of Regulos' demise (if it in fact turns out that way)?

Just trying to wrap my head around it.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-02-25 18:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It's interesting to note that Rift seems to have taken a lot from Gordon's AGDC lecture of how to make an MMO in a post-WoW world a number of years back.

Rest assured that if Rift is wildly successful (and no other post-WoW AAA MMO's really have been), more will follow suit.
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-25 18:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
It's interesting to note that Rift seems to have taken a lot from Gordon's AGDC lecture of how to make an MMO in a post-WoW world a number of years back.

Rest assured that if Rift is wildly successful (and no other post-WoW AAA MMO's really have been), more will follow suit.

It's interesting that new content in ffxi reflects some of those points and counter what ffxi used to have in that regard.

A bit late I'd think. though.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-02-25 18:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
It's interesting that new content in ffxi reflects some of those points and counter what ffxi used to have in that regard.

It's also interesting to note that FFXIV ignored essentially every point in the lecture.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-25 18:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Serj said:

It's also interesting to note that FFXIV ignored essentially every point in the lecture.

because SE's too good for lectures
By Serj 2011-02-25 18:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a new copy of ffxiv sitting above my screen, haven't even played it yet.

Has any of the new updates for xiv done anything for it aside from start to solve the mass amount of glitches? I haven't kept up with any of it.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-25 18:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i think SE may have figured the Name will sell enough initially and they'll work on it as time goes by
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-25 18:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
i think SE may have figured the Name will sell enough initially and they'll work on it as time goes by

That's been the Policy of Square Enix for a while now.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-02-25 18:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, it's sort of my fault, but let's keep the topic on Rift so Krizz doesn't ban us. =D
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-25 18:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's nice to actually see a MMO try for success rather than epeen.
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-02-25 18:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
I have a new copy of ffxiv sitting above my screen, haven't even played it yet.

Has any of the new updates for xiv done anything for it aside from start to solve the mass amount of glitches? I haven't kept up with any of it.
I played the other day for the first time in months...it's bearable now.....i mean yeah....it still lacks eg content....but at least now it's bearable to level your jobs and apparently content is to be released soon...they are actually progressing....
sorry to go away from rift was just passing through and figured i'd answer this
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-25 18:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

so jaerik are you planning on trying rift?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-25 20:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
It's nice to actually see a MMO try for success rather than epeen.
This is what drew me to Rift more than anything else tbh. Despite everyone's insistence on comparing every new MMO to WoW, Rift doesn't seem to have been made with the intent of being a WoW-killer. It was made to be a good game in its own right using a strong formula and emphasizing polish and good gameplay rather than trying to shatter the mold. From what I saw in the beta, they've done a great job and I hope they continue to put out great content in the future.
By Aless 2011-02-25 21:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Question I have: Is it worth getting?!

Does it top FF14? Cause some of the youtube videos ive seen have been kinda lame...
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-02-25 21:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Aless said:
Question I have: Is it worth getting?!

Does it top FF14? Cause some of the youtube videos ive seen have been kinda lame...

if you're setting a bar with 14 you should try some other mmos

just saying
[+]
 Asura.Valentino
user: Valentino
By Asura.Valentino 2011-02-25 21:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

lol true that broo ^^^^
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-26 05:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If the game's had me playing for 16+ hours 2 days after release and has been giving me riftdrawals while at work and class, then I'd say it's pretty successful, especially since I'm far from the only person that can say the same. The fact that they had to open over a dozen more servers and still have queue times in the first TWO DAYS of prerelease play says loads about the success of the game I think. It's the smoothest and most successful MMO launches in many a year.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-26 05:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The game looks neat, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to jump into an MMO right now.

Kinda waiting for XIV to be good and GW2.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-26 05:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
The game looks neat, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to jump into an MMO right now.

Kinda waiting for XIV to be good and GW2.

Prepare to be waiting forever. GW2 however I'm with you on, hyped for that game for serious. Prolly play it when it comes out along with Rift if SWTOR is a complete and total letdown like I predict it will be.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-26 05:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

SWTOR is on rails lol. And I think XIV could be good eventually, they're definitely heading in the right direction finally, talking about changing the class names to the original FF names and adding the job system of XI.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-26 05:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if they fix it good. But if they make me pay for it *** that ***, I already have an 80$ paperweight over here. ***.

On topic, finally saw a successful Aefwar invasion tonight, and two failed ones (one was failed cause of a server maintenece 90ydchbnsce). Yay purple pants! Need another success for my greater focus ;(
 Ramuh.Krizzbazaar
By Ramuh.Krizzbazaar 2011-02-26 08:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Eh, it's sort of my fault, but let's keep the topic on Rift so Krizz doesn't ban us. =D
=D
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-26 08:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I did IT (Iron Tombs) last night (5-man raid). I stayed up way later than I planned. I hope not all raids are as hectic for a healer. It makes some of my worst moments as WHM in FFXI look like a joke.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-26 10:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah, was going through IT again and then server message about maintenance. Go figure. We were about to fight the final boss when it hit.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 31 32 33