Can't log on.
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Quetzalcoatl.Rendar
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Whazzup
By Quetzalcoatl.Rendar 2011-02-20 09:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me a bit of ddos attacks in the early days.

Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-02-20 09:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL zomg maybe its this!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/17/3141943.htm

if it is,ima sue the sun!

Edit:A powerful solar eruption that has already disturbed radio communications in China could disrupt electrical power grids and satellites used on Earth in the next days, NASA said.

The massive sunspot, which astronomers say is the size of Jupiter, is the strongest solar flare in four years, NASA said.

The Class X flash - the largest such category - erupted on Tuesday, according to the US space agency.

"X-class flares are the most powerful of all solar events that can trigger radio blackouts and long-lasting radiation storms," disturbing telecommunications and electric grids, NASA said

p.s the date of that was like 3 days ago making today a few days later ^^
 Cerberus.Liandaru
Server: Cerberus
user: Liandrian
By Cerberus.Liandaru 2011-02-20 09:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting the POL-0206 too. I'm on PC. Hubby has been on FFXI all morning and hasn't had a problem. He's on xbox >.<
By esmae 2011-02-20 09:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

yea seems like it.. pol.com says maintenance 1:30 gmt but doesnt say for how long! so annoying....
By Craigb 2011-02-20 09:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I been on all morning on xbox, logged off for hour just came to go back on and gettin error now.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-02-20 09:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Leroyj said:
I can't login either, maybe it's the RMTs.

FOX News: Popular MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game), Final Fantasy XI crashes today, experts say it is President Obama's doing. Our very own Glenn Beck added that it could also be the Nazis doing, stating "The Nazis were known to experiment with time travel." Beck added "..it was a little known fact that their targeted date to travel to was February 20th, 2011."

Fox figured it out.
 Alexander.Hasiano
Server: Alexander
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2011-02-20 09:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

POL just went for me, was on game d/c'ed now cant log back on, getting POL-0206, network busy
 Asura.Deumos
Server: Asura
user: Deumos
By Asura.Deumos 2011-02-20 09:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Sylph.Leroyj said:

FOX News: Popular MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game), Final Fantasy XI crashes today, experts say it is President Obama's doing. Our very own Glenn Beck added that it could also be the Nazis doing, stating "The Nazis were known to experiment with time travel." Beck added "..it was a little known fact that their targeted date to travel to was February 20th, 2011."

Fox figured it out.

LOL!
By daddyrabbit4444 2011-02-20 09:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

getting pol error 0206 im 360 user WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! was playing pup last night and was liking it now this!@@@!!!!!
By Thud 2011-02-20 09:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Same deal here. I'm on PC.
 Alexander.Hasiano
Server: Alexander
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2011-02-20 09:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm on PC, i didnt think the POL maint was till tomorrow, unless thats whats happening now
 Sylph.Leroyj
Server: Sylph
user: Leroyj
By Sylph.Leroyj 2011-02-20 09:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Sylph.Leroyj said:

Fox figured it out.

lollll
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-02-20 09:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said:
getting pol error 0206 im 360 user WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! was playing pup last night and was liking it now this!@@@!!!!!

Oddly, I only get invites on PUP.. Ever gotten a job from 75 to 87 by accident? I have.
By esmae 2011-02-20 09:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

yup ive been lvling smn and thought id have a whole day of playing it today!!
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18883/cant-log-on/2/

wish it showed when it was finished!
By esmae 2011-02-20 09:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

woops wrong link
By esmae 2011-02-20 09:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/polnews/news20455.shtm
 Fenrir.Almiise
Server: Fenrir
user: Almiise
By Fenrir.Almiise 2011-02-20 09:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping someone will post when everyone makes it back in the game!
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-20 09:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no maintenance as such today. POL just went nuts and it's under investigation - i.e. they don't know wtf is going on or what's causing it, much less when it will be fixed.
By daddyrabbit4444 2011-02-20 09:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

well i just started pup im level 11 now, still trying to figure out how the job is played well, i bought every attachment i can. can anyone tell me whats best to use early for fastest kills solo magic melle or shield bash one?
 Sylph.Leroyj
By Sylph.Leroyj 2011-02-20 09:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said:
well i just started pup im level 11 now, still trying to figure out how the job is played well, i bought every attachment i can. can anyone tell me whats best to use early for fastest kills solo magic melle or shield bash one?

The shield bash one of course.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-02-20 09:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
There is no maintenance as such today. POL just went nuts and it's under investigation - i.e. they don't know wtf is going on or what's causing it, much less when it will be fixed.

in the post i posted it states that the japs telecomunications and ***have been going down since the solar flare that happened on the 17th,they said the after shock from that solar flare would get worse days after it happened,so maybe its *** with their systems
 Sylph.Leroyj
By Sylph.Leroyj 2011-02-20 09:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Asura.Tamoa said:

in the post i posted it states that the japs telecomunications and ***have been going down since the solar flare that happened on the 17th,they said the after shock from that solar flare would get worse so maybe its *** with their systems

It's kindof weird though, cause if it really did then people who are still logged in should have been logged out if it causes "blackouts" they should be cut off like us.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-02-20 09:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Leroyj said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Asura.Tamoa said:

in the post i posted it states that the japs telecomunications and ***have been going down since the solar flare that happened on the 17th,they said the after shock from that solar flare would get worse so maybe its *** with their systems

It's kindof weird though, cause if it really did then people who are still logged in should have been logged out if it causes "blackouts" they should be cut off like us.

well that was my thought but it could just be messing with stability maybe
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-02-20 09:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said:
Go Cure-bot. Magic body with Melee head. Till then (20) just struggle with either Default puppet or Red puppet. Use Damage Gauge and Mana Booster attachments, might want to boost MP with some Mana Tanks. Ignore Melee puppet for now, unless you get a PT, Melee will skill up on all frames. At 10 and 20 you should get Melee and Mage, which you get when doesn't REALLY matter, but I'd recommend Mage at 10. Only downside is the Ranged puppet is, obviously, the only puppet that has ranged skill.
 Asura.Katniss
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2011-02-20 09:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

can't log in either, guess i know why now =)
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-02-20 09:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
daddyrabbit4444 said:
Go Cure-bot. Magic body with Melee head. Till then (20) just struggle with either Default puppet or Red puppet. Use Damage Gauge and Mana Booster attachments, might want to boost MP with some Mana Tanks. Ignore Melee puppet for now, unless you get a PT, Melee will skill up on all frames. At 10 and 20 you should get Melee and Mage, which you get when doesn't REALLY matter, but I'd recommend Mage at 10. Only downside is the Ranged puppet is, obviously, the only puppet that has ranged skill.

ya this is good info.

red mage frame is good for solo because he will cure you and nuke to speed up kills just make sure to get the attachments the above poster speaks of
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-20 09:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ronson said:

in the post i posted it states that the japs telecomunications and ***have been going down since the solar flare that happened on the 17th,they said the after shock from that solar flare would get worse days after it happened,so maybe its *** with their systems

No actually it says:

Quote:
The China Meteorological Administration reported that the solar flare had jammed shortwave radio communications in southern China.

I don't see Japan mentioned in that article at all. I really don't think that is the cause of POL breaking down.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-02-20 09:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:

No actually it says:

Quote:
The China Meteorological Administration reported that the solar flare had jammed shortwave radio communications in southern China.

I don't see Japan mentioned in that article at all. I really don't think that is the cause of POL breaking down.

"X-class flares are the most powerful of all solar events that can trigger radio blackouts and long-lasting radiation storms," disturbing telecommunications and electric grids, NASA said.

selective reading i see..

Edit:that was a few days ago the after shock they mentioned could have hit in the last hour and we wouldn't know till th3ey figured it out.
im just saying its possible not set in stone lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-02-20 09:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would just go play FF8, but I never leave my laptop out and it's a hassle putting it up and getting it out.