Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 8115 8116 8117 ... 22725 22726 22727
 Asura.Escorian
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-24 22:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh I am full and sleepy now.

[+]
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2012-11-24 22:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That rabbit is suffering from turkey-itis. It's what happens when you eat turkey and now you want to do absolutely nothing but sleep.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2012-11-24 23:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else playing Planetside 2 besides Volk and Slip?

[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-11-24 23:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

... Just noticed my 46" TV can be used as a computer screen.

Granted, it's not relevant at this time because my PC can't do anything to take proper advantage of that, but the fact the option exists is awesome.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-24 23:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
That rabbit is suffering from turkey-itis. It's what happens when you eat turkey and now you want to do absolutely nothing but sleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryptophan

Quote:
A common assertion is that heavy consumption of turkey meat results in drowsiness, due to high levels of tryptophan contained in turkey.[50][51][52] However, the amount of tryptophan in turkey is comparable to that contained in most other meats.[17] Furthermore, post-meal drowsiness may have more to do with what else is consumed along with the turkey and, in particular, carbohydrates.[53] It has been demonstrated in both animal models[54] and humans[55][56][57] that ingestion of a meal rich in carbohydrates triggers release of insulin. Insulin in turn stimulates the uptake of large neutral branched-chain amino acids (BCAA), but not tryptophan (an aromatic amino acid) into muscle, increasing the ratio of tryptophan to BCAA in the blood stream. The resulting increased ratio of tryptophan to BCAA in the blood reduces competition at the large neutral amino acid transporter (which transports both BCAA and aromatic amino acids), resulting in the uptake of tryptophan across the blood–brain barrier into the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF).[58][59] Once in the CSF, tryptophan is converted into serotonin in the raphe nuclei by the normal enzymatic pathway.[54][56] The resultant serotonin is further metabolised into melatonin by the pineal gland.[10] Hence, this data suggests that "feast-induced drowsiness"— may be the result of a heavy meal rich in carbohydrates, which, via an indirect mechanism, increases the production of sleep-promoting melatonin in the brain.[54][55][56][57]
On the November 18, 2012 episode of the Discovery Channel series MythBusters, Build Team members Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, and Grant Imahara investigated the claimed link between turkey consumption and drowsiness. Byron and a nutrition professor put together three holiday meals, distinguished by portion size and presence/absence of turkey, and Belleci and Imahara took a reaction-time test after eating each one. They found that the amount of food eaten had a much larger effect on the results than whether or not turkey was part of the meal, and they classified the myth as "Busted."

:(
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2012-11-24 23:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryptophan

Quote:
A common assertion is that heavy consumption of turkey meat results in drowsiness, due to high levels of tryptophan contained in turkey.[50][51][52] However, the amount of tryptophan in turkey is comparable to that contained in most other meats.[17] Furthermore, post-meal drowsiness may have more to do with what else is consumed along with the turkey and, in particular, carbohydrates.[53] It has been demonstrated in both animal models[54] and humans[55][56][57] that ingestion of a meal rich in carbohydrates triggers release of insulin. Insulin in turn stimulates the uptake of large neutral branched-chain amino acids (BCAA), but not tryptophan (an aromatic amino acid) into muscle, increasing the ratio of tryptophan to BCAA in the blood stream. The resulting increased ratio of tryptophan to BCAA in the blood reduces competition at the large neutral amino acid transporter (which transports both BCAA and aromatic amino acids), resulting in the uptake of tryptophan across the blood–brain barrier into the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF).[58][59] Once in the CSF, tryptophan is converted into serotonin in the raphe nuclei by the normal enzymatic pathway.[54][56] The resultant serotonin is further metabolised into melatonin by the pineal gland.[10] Hence, this data suggests that "feast-induced drowsiness"— may be the result of a heavy meal rich in carbohydrates, which, via an indirect mechanism, increases the production of sleep-promoting melatonin in the brain.[54][55][56][57]
On the November 18, 2012 episode of the Discovery Channel series MythBusters, Build Team members Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, and Grant Imahara investigated the claimed link between turkey consumption and drowsiness. Byron and a nutrition professor put together three holiday meals, distinguished by portion size and presence/absence of turkey, and Belleci and Imahara took a reaction-time test after eating each one. They found that the amount of food eaten had a much larger effect on the results than whether or not turkey was part of the meal, and they classified the myth as "Busted."

:(

I still blame the turkey.
By volkom 2012-11-24 23:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
A purple wig?

its a tshirt
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-11-24 23:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dreadnot said: »
Anyone else playing Planetside 2 besides Volk and Slip?

Volk plays?

<.< What's your name?
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-25 00:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Woo! Done with my presentation at last! Now... to the 30,000 other homework assignments I have yet to do before Monday...
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-11-25 00:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Time machine!
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-11-25 00:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Woo! Done with my presentation at last! Now... to the 30,000 other homework assignments I have yet to do before Monday...
The feeling of being a teacher! :D
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-25 00:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Minefield said: »
Time machine!
This. Science and Math people, get on this. As you do, I'll... uh... regale you with some Romantic Era Poetry. Coleridge, anybody?

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
The feeling of being a teacher! :D
I'm exhausted, but I accomplished something, which is more than what I would usually say. I like this feeling.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-25 00:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
welcome to the thread senor, Don't recognize that name
Josi likes being able to recognize people and things. ASL?

I'm kidding, don't post that. Just thought I'd remind you what Yahoo! chat was like.
 Odin.Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-11-25 00:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really a pigeon irl.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-11-25 00:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about trying out Mass Effect.

Is it as good as people say, ignoring the ending of 3?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-25 00:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If I never see another pigeon as long as I live, it'll be too soon. Seriously, wtf Japan?
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2012-11-25 00:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Close the lid. Just do it. Sleep!
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2012-11-25 00:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
welcome to the thread senor, Don't recognize that name

It's Senorita, I'm Escorian's fiancee. And I don't post a lot, but I've been around. ^.^

And thank goodness I didn't see that pigeon post. I'm deathly afraid of pigeons. That's reason #5364074X as to why I moved out of NYC the first chance I got.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-25 00:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't look at that pigeon post? Yeah, you're better off. It wasn't sexual, but still...
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2012-11-25 00:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-11-25 00:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose it's time for sleep, back to work tomorrow.

Was a nice 3 days off~
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2012-11-25 00:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »

Oh dear god, THAT. Esco showed me that. The last thing this world needs is a dating sim for PIGEONS. OMG, they're multiplying!!!! QQ
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-25 00:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »

Definitely. The ending of 3 is still pretty bad since it does an amazingly bad job at conveying the impact of your choices throughout the trilogy, but they've improved the closure quite a bit. Fortunately, the rest of all 3 games respond well to your choices and whatnot.

I feel that the Mass Effect series will probably be BioWare's last good set of games thanks to the EA Leech, would be a shame not to play them.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-11-25 02:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Woke up from a nap. Strange dreams, strange dreams indeed. Wtf is going on in dreamworld these days....
By SSJAV 2012-11-25 02:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Woke up from a nap. Strange dreams, strange dreams indeed. Wtf is going on in dreamworld these days....
I know this feel. D:
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-11-25 03:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Bismarck.Faelar said: »

Definitely. The ending of 3 is still pretty bad since it does an amazingly bad job at conveying the impact of your choices throughout the trilogy, but they've improved the closure quite a bit. Fortunately, the rest of all 3 games respond well to your choices and whatnot.

I feel that the Mass Effect series will probably be BioWare's last good set of games thanks to the EA Leech, would be a shame not to play them.

+1

Definitely play them Fae, they are absolutely brilliant games, ME1 has a few frustrating gameplay drawbacks but that's the only negative I can say about it, however unlike most games that go downhill with sequels, ME2 and ME3 continue to improve on their predecessors both in terms of functionality and quality.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-25 03:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »

Oh dear god, THAT. Esco showed me that. The last thing this world needs is a dating sim for PIGEONS. OMG, they're multiplying!!!! QQ

If you don't pigeon, I honestly don't know what to say to you.
[+]
 Asura.Escorian
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2012-11-25 04:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I seriously wanna know wtf the developers of that pigeon game were smoking that made them think it was a good idea.
First Page 2 3 ... 8115 8116 8117 ... 22725 22726 22727