Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 7301 7302 7303 ... 22726 22727 22728
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 05:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Knowing SE the rebels we saw are gonna be the good guys, just like AVALANCHE.

Maybe. I got mixed signals from that demo. From the beginning, the prophet that looked like Jeff Bridges looked like he was making a ritual to summon something, with implications of destruction. Only to be gunned down by a bunch of rag faced extremists with ak-47s, yet to turn around and have the female that was attending the ritual be the main protagonist. Perhaps to reverse the purpose of the summoning since she was entrusted with that relic of significant importance and the death of the old man leaving her to be in charge of whatever craziness she's in now.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-18 05:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
I didn't really like how downright hideous they made that Valefor 2.0 summon thing. I always figured inter-dimensional deities of the elements or what have you were divine and graceful, not creepy monster alien things.
There is generally a mix of both when it comes to fantasy, as a general rule the ones that are graceful as you said would have once been mortals who acended into a god like being. "Creepy moster alien things" are generally more primal, old as the world it self, kinda beings.

Kinda like how FFXI has terrestrial and non-terrestrial avatars?
I figure it's kind of like the difference between having elemental deities that exist in their own realm, keeping an eye on the balance of the world within their own elemental hierarchy, while the others are more primal, old gods that govern things on a lesser scale.
It hard to narrow it down since the genre is so vast and vaired, terrestrial vs primals in XI is a good way to look at the concept between the two I guess. The terrestrials being powerful but in the end are nothing compared to the primals. If you want I can find you a couple examples and PM you their discriptions of some I've come across in books later.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-18 05:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The rebels were probably trying to stop something bad from happening to the people living there. You can see how well off the people on the other side are and Jeff Bridges did look pretty crazy. It wouldn't be unusual if they turned out to be the good guys and the protagonist was misled by the people in charge and then switches sides.
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 05:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That'd be great. I need to read up on the lore of FFXI avatars since they have these seemingly immortal avatars existing within a completely different plane of existence compared to the "primal gods" that are a bit more earthly and tangible, having their own hierarchy over whatever it is they're entrusted to rule over. Bahamut being rule of the sky, Fenrir the moon, etc.

But that doesn't even begin to touch the other deities that may or may not exist in the land of Aht Urghan where they believe in old serpent gods that rule over Fire, Water, Earth, and Sky.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-18 05:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Ina you see the 2 major changes to AAR? We'll get our gil cut to 1/10 (seemingly, though it's honestly purely cosmetic) and no more arrows for brd. Auto-fire with quivers (Legolas style.. like unlimited quivers) is what I'm hearing. I don't want auto-fire ><
I'm ok with this as long as they remove the animation lock so its the same as melee auto attack.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-09-18 05:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ina you see the 2 major changes to AAR? We'll get our gil cut to 1/10 (seemingly, though it's honestly purely cosmetic) and no more arrows for brd. Auto-fire with quivers (Legolas style.. like unlimited quivers) is what I'm hearing. I don't want auto-fire ><
I'm ok with this as long as they remove the animation lock so its the same as melee auto attack.

One of the ways I'd mind my enmity on brd was to slow my shots. I guess I'll have to disengage >_<
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 05:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The rebels were probably trying to stop something bad from happening to the people living there. You can see how well off the people on the other side are and Jeff Bridges did look pretty crazy. It wouldn't be unusual if they turned out to be the good guys and the protagonist was misled by the people in charge and then switches sides.

Almost gives an FF6 implication with Terra's involvement with the empire and coming under the asylum and guidance of The Returners. Strangely enough, as evil as the empire was, and as noble as the intentions of The Returners were, they held little to no weight in the underlying situation behind Kefka's ambitions within Terra's origins.

So yeah, perhaps on the surface we have this war between good and bad guys, one trying to do something for some unknown cause while the rebels fight back to preserve their way of life and lives as well; could turn out to either be insignificant to something bigger going on, or could be flipped in a matter of interpretation and perception; kinda like FF13.
The thing they're trying to protect, could be something that truly needs to be destroyed or vice-versa.
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 05:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the ways I'd mind my enmity on brd was to slow my shots. I guess I'll have to disengage >_<

I too preferred to time my own shots one by one than have an auto fire system. But as long as the disengagement and re-engagement system is seamless in time and animation, I don't see too much of a problem with this.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-18 05:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost gives an FF6 implication with Terra's involvement with the empire and coming under the asylum and guidance of The Returners. Strangely enough, as evil as the empire was, and as noble as the intentions of The Returners were, they held little to no weight in the underlying situation behind Kefka's ambitions within Terra's origins.

So yeah, perhaps on the surface we have this war between good and bad guys, one trying to do something for some unknown cause while the rebels fight back to preserve their way of life and lives as well; could turn out to either be insignificant to something bigger going on, or could be flipped in a matter of interpretation and perception; kinda like FF13.

Oh I'm sure that if they make this an actual game that there will be something much bigger going on in the background. They may even have engineered this conflict to cover up their plans.
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 05:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda like the twists of having what one would logically assume needs to be protected turns out to be something that needs to be destroyed because of underlying truths that are blocked by a facade of what would seemingly be logical, or is simply the mass norm put into implementation by some ruling power or something of the like.
Or even vice versa, but often times it turns out to be rather predictable, ruining the element of shock or surprise at what you've been doing all along has been wrong and you have to redeem yourself at the last second.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-18 05:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I too preferred to time my own shots one by one than have an auto fire system. But as long as the disengagement and re-engagement system is seamless in time and animation, I don't see too much of a problem with this.
As it stands to start auto attack you need to have your weapon draw, target an enemy and then press enter to start the attacking, if you shift targets you will still be attacking. Pressing esc ends auto attacking and brings you back to just having them targeted.

So wouldn't be a big deal.
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 06:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty good. That way you have full control over when to begin and stop attacking, all while having the drawn position of your weapon being the fail proof safety, and leaving the player to determine timeliness in targeting and engaging on their own.

I can only pray FF14 doesn't ever have "You must wait longer to use that command."
Every time I see that I want to punch babies.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-18 06:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They could do something new and let us be the bad guy for once.
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 06:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They could do something new and let us be the bad guy for once.

Would be interesting, but I wouldn't want it to be such a black and white scenario. Which is why I like the idea of making a second game to play through the same scenario but from the antagonist's point of view and perception. Make it seem like things weren't so bilateral in purpose or cause, and that even seemingly evil actions held their own merit for the fundamental good of humanity or what have you.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-09-18 06:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Or it could be a "New Game+" type of thing.
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 07:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that I think about it, It'd be so cool if BRD in FFXI used bows as their main weapon instead of daggers as their only viable offensive option. Though typically one would just wear a staff to help with song enfeebles.
Though that'd be difficult to work out since bows and instruments both take up the ranged equipment slot.
By Artemicion 2012-09-18 07:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The loading times for everything in FF Chronicles is downright painful.
 Bismarck.Narshee
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-09-18 08:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Rainy day~ Perfect day to curl up with the kitteh and play video games.. wait.. I do that every day! nvm
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-09-18 08:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

:)
By Fyyvoaa 2012-09-18 08:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Narshee said: »
Rainy day~ Perfect day to curl up with the kitteh and play video games.. wait.. I do that every day! nvm

lmao...

*yawn*

so tired still from last night :| stayed up till like 4AM derping it up in borderlands 2~

I REGRET NOTHING! so worth it :3
 Bismarck.Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-09-18 08:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What system broski?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2012-09-18 08:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

catnip, are you and your friend just never gonna play GW2 or something lol

I peek every hour at the guild list and you two are always offline .-.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-09-18 08:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe cool I spent all morning on Encyclopedia Dramatica looking up well stuff ;)
 Bismarck.Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-09-18 08:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Read the XI article.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2012-09-18 08:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said: »
catnip, are you and your friend just never gonna play GW2 or something lol

I peek every hour at the guild list and you two are always offline .-.

my friend is on more then me lol, I'll be on more towards when XIV is down for the 2.0 overhaul (soonish!) I also just got borderlands 2o so that's going to suck alot of time out of me :p

One of my other friends (I dunno what his in game name is), is also on the guild, he is a complete newb to MMOs so you can always help him if he is on~
What system broski?

PS trizzle (ok that sounded more stupid then I thought it would :p)

>.>

<.<

PS3
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-09-18 08:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty good. That way you have full control over when to begin and stop attacking, all while having the drawn position of your weapon being the fail proof safety, and leaving the player to determine timeliness in targeting and engaging on their own.

I can only pray FF14 doesn't ever have "You must wait longer to use that command."
Delayed but the closest thing there is to that is the previously mentioned animation lock where you can't move around after activating a WS, spell, ability, or light shot for a second or 2, auto attack is not affected by this though.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2012-09-18 08:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I only saw/remember seeing 3 people in the guild including me, catnip lol

I think that 4th person didn't know you had to click "represent"
 Bismarck.Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-09-18 08:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Catnipthief Rygar said: »

>.>

<.<

PS3
Gayizzle. Was gonna get it for xbox. Also gonna get Hayro 3 so I can own Jos
By Fyyvoaa 2012-09-18 08:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Delayed but the closest thing there is to that is the previously mentioned animation lock where you can't move around after activating a WS, spell, ability, or light shot for a second or 2, auto attack is not affected by this though.

you know I wish BRD got Auto light shot ... I swear i'm getting carpal tunnel from spamming my enter key on them damn van darnus fights :| and all the other ones rofl.
By Fyyvoaa 2012-09-18 08:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Catnipthief Rygar said: »

>.>

<.<

PS3
Gayizzle. Was gonna get it for xbox. Also gonna get Hayro 3 so I can own Jos

get it for ps3 D: (if you have one!!) you can party up with me and I dunno... we can talk dirty to each other :p

I still have to pay off microshit (they still think I owe them money lol) and get halo 3 and pre order 4
First Page 2 3 ... 7301 7302 7303 ... 22726 22727 22728