Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 7207 7208 7209 ... 22722 22723 22724
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-09-07 00:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
A-what up-a, SPATH!?
Not much, not much at all. How are you this fine evening, sir?
Just relaxing after my day with the kiddos. The crazy thing is, the teacher that's mentoring me is already having me create lesson plans and teaching this upcoming Tuesday. We're not supposed to be doing that for another couple of weeks! But what the hell, it's awesome all the same. I think it's going to be a ton of fun. But yeah, I spent most of the day policing her classroom during silent writing time. It's hilarious, actually. Like these kids would start talking until they saw me look their way, and suddenly they shut up and do their work. It's like I'm authority figure or something!
Now that does sound like a treat! You have any ideas on what you're going to do for Tuesday then? :O

What age group is the class you're working with?
I'm working primarily with eighth graders, so like thirteen year olds. So far they seem like a good group of kids, but we'll see how things progress. The teacher though is a bit of a pessimist. She was referring to her 4th and 5th period students as "gangsters", and I didn't exactly find them to be that. Just kids being kids, really. She loves her AP classes though, because they're serious about their work. Me? I was more of the former group. I much preferred hanging out and being the class clown than actually getting any work done. Stupid work.

As for what I'll be teaching, it was actually kinda funny. While we were having our meeting, she asked me what I wanted to get out of the class, and I told her that I was required to do lesson plans and take the reins of her classroom. And just like that she was like, "Oh! I actually have some topics ready for you!" So Tuesday I'm going to be giving them a crash course in poetry, and I'm going to have them analyze "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou and a poem by Langston Hughes which name eludes me at the moment. But I'm going to teach them about the structure of the poems, then analyzing the piece and seeing if they can come to a conclusion by reading and analyzing the poems in regards to the civil rights movement. Then I've been allowed to give them homework, so I'm going to charge them to write their own poem about a time when they were embarrassed to give them an idea of relating to the poets. I just hope it clicks with them rather than going over their heads.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-09-07 00:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa slow down.

Now tell me where he touched you.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-09-07 00:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a fun lesson to be honest. :O

I agree with you on the work thing. While I enjoyed learning I hated simply focusing on work cause it got boring fast. While I wasn't exactly a class clown I sure as hell was no model student. XP
By Artemicion 2012-09-07 00:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my God... I think I woke everyone up from my sudden outburst of laughter xD
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2012-09-07 00:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

stares at Mines tail-licking
By Artemicion 2012-09-07 00:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Few silly questions:

1) Has anyone here ever used/owned a french press coffee maker? If so, I'd like some testimony on the quality of your cup of joe compared to the more traditional automated coffee makers.

2) Anyone here own a Google Nexus 7 Tablet? Considering picking one up for myself eventually. Perhaps next year in the spring when I get my tax return.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-09-07 01:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tablets are a waste, just get a laptop

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2012-09-07 01:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said: »
Tablets are a waste, just get a laptop

Yeah but they cost a lot more too :/
Also the gap between what tablets and laptops are able to do is slowly but surely beginning to narrow; so for the time being they're just cheap solutions to casual use, but I'm sure in due time they'll be equally functional as modern laptops or desktops.
By Artemicion 2012-09-07 01:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I have one which I have used wrong more times than I'd admit since had never seen one before lol

usually worth the work though

Having difficulty with the interface? Or just having trouble getting around with it's general functionality?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-09-07 01:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They sell cheap laptops for casual use, how much is that tablet?
By Artemicion 2012-09-07 01:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh derp. I certainly don't mind putting some effort behind my coffee making endeavors, especially if the quality comes from the fruits of labor. My dinky $20 department store coffee maker bit the dust recently so I've had to go back to using melita (sp?) filters and drip my coffee. It's a lot slower, but oh my god it tastes like 500x better than that dumb machine ever made it.
By Artemicion 2012-09-07 01:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They sell cheap laptops for casual use, how much is that tablet?

Bout $200. $250 for more storage. Wi-fi only of course. 3/4G is silly and ridiculously overpriced. Not to mention they typically face bandwidth limits that are not conducive to the devices it is utilized for. What good is having this amazing device that streams internets like a beast and I only get 2-4 gigs? /tableflip

At least Sprint is nice enough to throttle instead of surcharge you by the meg like most mobile internet providers do, but I think Google is in cahoots with AT&T for the time being. Yuck.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-09-07 01:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't think tablets are worth it, my opinion. Get it if you want
By Artemicion 2012-09-07 01:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't think tablets are worth it, my opinion. Get it if you want

In comparison to what laptops can do, you're totally right. But for what they're able to do and the premise of using one casually, along with the asking price; they're pretty reasonable. But since I'm waiting it out, I'm likely to see a future price drop when I actually am ready to get one.

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2012-09-07 01:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So is a french press really as simple as adding coffee grounds, boiling water and pressing down that little dongle thing? I've never used one before so I'm pretty clueless as to how to go about using one or the proper procedures to making coffee with one lol.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-09-07 01:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There are 2 tablets in my house I've poked them but I'm not impressed. Slow but I guess for just refreshing for facebook it works

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2012-09-07 01:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Artemicion said: »
So is a french press really as simple as adding coffee grounds, boiling water and pressing down that little dongle thing? I've never used one before so I'm pretty clueless as to how to go about using one or the proper procedures to making coffee with one lol.
yeah you put the grounds in below the press then pour the water in and wait, then you press it down and drink, the press seperates so you don't drink grounds at all

Yeah, just watched a video on how to use one. Though it was worth noting that you need to serve your coffee immediately after it's done brewing because the coffee above the plunge will continue to brew and if left alone long enough will over extract the grounds leaving your coffee bitter and muddy. So I'm gonna have to master the art of brewing just what I need or supplying myself with a thermal container of sorts.
By Artemicion 2012-09-07 01:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Suddenly... Puppies!

[+]
By Artemicion 2012-09-07 01:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Think I'm gonna go to that FFXI concert in Berkeley. Cept I'll be going alone sadly. Can't afford to take anyone else :<

Unless someone is willing to pay interest on a $300 loan lol.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-09-07 02:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally started watching Soul Eater. 3 episodes in, I'm thoroughly amused.
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-09-07 02:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Up waaaaaaaaaaay too late, good night~
By Artemicion 2012-09-07 03:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, I'm off to bed.
Be good while I'm gone.
I'll have my tiger keep an eye on you D:

Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-09-07 03:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I've just thought of a funny idea. You guys know when you're playing Slender, and when you spot Slender Man?
I'd propose adding both SA-X appears and SA-X chase music.

the first music when you're starting off, then the next one when you spot it, and when you get away it goes back to the first and so on.

I just realized this and wanted to make a short comparison
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2012-09-07 07:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally started watching Soul Eater. 3 episodes in, I'm thoroughly amused.
good good :)
 Bismarck.Narshee
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Narshee 2012-09-07 07:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the ability to ride Chocobos in 13. :3 Also found Cactuars >_>;
First Page 2 3 ... 7207 7208 7209 ... 22722 22723 22724