Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22690 22691 22692 ... 22706 22707 22708
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-08-28 05:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
a classic tale of spin.
I will have this song stuck in my head all day now, and I dont mind ONE BIT
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-28 09:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I dont want to get topic banned, but what you're saying makes absolutely no sense.

Are you suggesting that Trump asked Zuck / Facebook to suppress information regarding a New York Post story involving corruption allegations involving Biden's family?
I am saying that Americans have no memory and can't count*.

*This is not new. Look at the 100 year old Teapot Dome scandal. Every elected politician implicated in it was reelected.
VIP
By Lili 2024-08-28 09:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The topic for politics is {Over there}
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-08-28 09:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You purples are the bees knees <3
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-08-28 10:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
top thread on that page, "Should be nuke Iran"
By Pantafernando 2024-08-28 10:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are the best topics.

You only have rights for the OP. No reply, not contestation, no contradictory.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-28 11:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
top thread on that page, "Should be nuke Iran"

Fixed this for you
By Afania 2024-08-28 12:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow ***, Blue Protocol is shutting down. That's like 1.5 years of lifespan.

Looks like live service game market oversaturation is real.....
By Viciouss 2024-08-28 12:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Never trusted Amazon with that one.
By Afania 2024-08-28 13:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really Amazon's fault that it is shut down though. The game failed commercially in Japan. And foreign IP block makes it worse because there aren't enough players to support it.

I think MMO/live service games just don't have a big enough market for new titles anymore.....sad.
By Zehira 2024-08-28 13:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

​People don't have time to play an MMO thanks to inflation sadly. Only lucky people with SSI.

I don't have SSI because the government thinks I make too much money from my work.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-28 13:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazon wanted to censor the game, which is completely stupid cause lots of the kind of players who stick around like tig ol biddies in their games (ff14 and wow is full of NSFW activity enjoying role players and everyone but Amazongo knows it). Making an anime game and censoring the biddies is one of the most stupid things I've ever seen, which is probably why they didn't even bother releasing it in the west at all and just bailed.

Also kids don't like mmorpgs, mmorpgs are most a 30+ player genre and most people who want to play one already have one they like.

Kids are playing stuff like Genshin Impact.
By Afania 2024-08-28 15:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
which is probably why they didn't even bother releasing it in the west at all and just bailed.

......they didn't release in Asia outside of Japan as well, despite the publishers already signed the deal and Smilegate did the beta...

If you want to look for an excuse to spread western anti-woke conspiracy theory, at least google for info first......
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-28 15:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

wow ...

I was in the beta, did it ever go live in the USA? If so why didn't I get a notice about it?

You would think they might mention it to beta testers.
By Afania 2024-08-28 15:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

wow ...

I was in the beta, did it ever go live in the USA? If so why didn't I get a notice about it?

You would think they might mention it to beta testers.

Afaik it never go live outside of Japan. Many foreign publishers(not just Amazon) said they'll release it then it got delay and delay until JP server shut down.

Edit: the launch in JP didn't go well either. The popularity dropped REALLY quick from what I've heard.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-28 15:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did a search and yep, no outside Japan release at all.

It was so anime, not only in the art style but in the plot that I saw as well, I thought Japan would go for it big time.

Edit: the launch in JP didn't went well either. The popularity dropped REALLY quick from what I've heard.
Plummeted like a Monty Python sheep it seems.
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2024-08-28 15:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

despite the publishers already signed the deal and Smilegate did the beta...

I think you're mixing up games here, Smilegate had nothing to do with Blue Protocol in the west. Amazon was the licensed publisher and did a beta. Blue Protocol is developed by Namco Bandai. Smilegate did get the rights to publish it in Korea, but it was delayed.

The only other relation Smilegate has is as the developer of Lost Ark, the other game Amazon is publishing in the west.

Garuda.Chanti said: »

It has not gone live in the west yet and now will not. Amazon announced they are canceling their plans to publish it in the west.

Apparently this news came as a bit of a shock to the makers of the fan database for the game, and they were told differently internally. They are even under NDA: https://x.com/BlueProtocolDB/status/1828678119030415732

I know the game had a lot of issues (game design, monetization, and how they handled their community), so it's not too surprising. This does hit hard for a lot of people though that were hyped up for the game only for it to never release.

The game did have an IP block in Japan, but unlike other games, people were actively hunted and banned if they were found to be accessing the game outside of Japan, to the point where they created its own dedicated in-game report option for it. People spent money on the game remotely only to get banned afterward.

Overall this is not Amazon's failure, as the game had countless issues created by Namco Bandai themselves.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-28 15:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

......they didn't release in Asia outside of Japan as well, despite the publishers already signed the deal and Smilegate did the beta...

If you want to look for an excuse to spread western anti-woke conspiracy theory, at least google for info first......

Did Amazon delay the release of the game in the west for 6+ months to add censorship and more diversity? A 6 month delay is massive, the amount of money they lost doing this is insane.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2024-08-28 15:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The game was delayed due to major issues with the game itself in Japan.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-28 15:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Amazon literally demanded they remove breast physics, add black characters and change lots of outfits. The team had lots of developers on the payroll and while messing around with Amazons demands they still had to keep paying them.

If they had released the game sooner in the west it would still be running, Amazon killed it.
By Afania 2024-08-28 15:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
I think you're mixing up games here, Smilegate had nothing to do with Blue Protocol in the west. Amazon was the licensed publisher and did a beta. Blue Protocol is developed by Namco Bandai. Smilegate did get the rights to publish it in Korea, but it was delayed.

I didn't mix up anything, I was talking about Asian release in the post. Radial said Amazon censorship and "they didn't even bother releasing it in the west at all and just bailed".

I was trying to say BP also didn't release in Asia. Because Smilegate apparently signed the contract and did the beta. If Smilegate also didn't release the game post beta why blame on Amazon only? Sounds like Radial has biased opinion against Amazon to me.
By Afania 2024-08-28 15:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Amazon delay the release of the game in the west for 6+ months to add censorship and more diversity? A 6 month delay is massive, the amount of money they lost doing this is insane.

No, because Smilegate(Korean publisher for BP) and Cayenne entertainment (Traditional Chinese region publisher for BP) ALSO delayed the game and never release the game.

Unless you want to argue that they both censor the game like Amazon too it makes zero sense to assume Amazon's delay is due to censorship if everyone else also delayed the game.

All these info can be easily googled, please, do more research to back up your claim if you want people to believe in your conspiracy theory.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-28 15:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

The upcoming Bandai Namco game Blue Protocol released last month in Japan, things are taking a bit longer for an international release and part of that appears to be localization changes being made.

In a recent interview with the Blue Protocol Database, the site spoke with “Franchise Lead” Mike Zadorojny about the game’s upcoming English release through publisher Amazon Games.

When confronted about censorship in the English release, Zadorojny admitted to content changes in pursuit of a Teen rating such as removing the “Jiggle Physics” button from character creation.

BPDB: Let’s start with the first question. Censorship is a huge topic in the west. Can you confirm if elements of the game will be changed in Blue Protocol to fit the western scene? If yes, may you please expand on this subject?

Mike Zadorojny: So, I’ll talk at a high level in terms of the goals of what we are trying to accomplish in this and then we’ll go back down into the specifics. I think censorship comes in different ways and the level of censorship is usually where we find disagreements within the community.

Generally speaking, when we are talking about censorship for Blue Protocol, we want to bring Shimooka-san’s vision for the game and for the western players. However, there are layers we have to think about from a cultural, legal, and a regulatory perspective. We want the content and the events to be the same one-to-one. When we talk about changes, we are looking at a perspective from bringing the game to as many people as possible. We are targeting a T-Rating since it as an Anime game, and generally speaking, Anime is much more approachable for the Teen market unless you start going towards certain extremes. This game does not really play to those extremes.
By Afania 2024-08-28 15:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

The upcoming Bandai Namco game Blue Protocol released last month in Japan, things are taking a bit longer for an international release and part of that appears to be localization changes being made.

In a recent interview with the Blue Protocol Database, the site spoke with “Franchise Lead” Mike Zadorojny about the game’s upcoming English release through publisher Amazon Games.

When confronted about censorship in the English release, Zadorojny admitted to content changes in pursuit of a Teen rating such as removing the “Jiggle Physics” button from character creation.
BPDB: Let’s start with the first question. Censorship is a huge topic in the west. Can you confirm if elements of the game will be changed in Blue Protocol to fit the western scene? If yes, may you please expand on this subject?

Mike Zadorojny: So, I’ll talk at a high level in terms of the goals of what we are trying to accomplish in this and then we’ll go back down into the specifics. I think censorship comes in different ways and the level of censorship is usually where we find disagreements within the community.

Generally speaking, when we are talking about censorship for Blue Protocol, we want to bring Shimooka-san’s vision for the game and for the western players. However, there are layers we have to think about from a cultural, legal, and a regulatory perspective. We want the content and the events to be the same one-to-one. When we talk about changes, we are looking at a perspective from bringing the game to as many people as possible. We are targeting a T-Rating since it as an Anime game, and generally speaking, Anime is much more approachable for the Teen market unless you start going towards certain extremes. This game does not really play to those extremes.

Except you didn't say "Amazon censor the game"

You said censorship is probably why "they didn't even bother releasing it in the west at all and just bailed".

You can get the 1st conclusion from the post above, but it is jumping 100 steps ahead with bold assumptions to reach the 2nd conclusion. Your assumption doesn't make sense one bit.

Fat chance is that Amazon bailing probably has nothing to do censorship. The game was never in the "ready to launch" status from what I've heard.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2024-08-28 16:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't mix up anything, I was talking about Asian release in the post.

Asian release? Was there news anywhere that Blue Protocol was being released in Asia specifically by Smilegate? The only info I see is that they were contracted to release the game in Korea, not the entirety of Asia.

If you were talking specifically about Korea the entire time, then why mention Asia? The game was already in Asia as it was released in Japan.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-28 16:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
We are targeting a T-Rating since it as an Anime game

Amazon is run by dumbos, that they don't know the audience that will play it.
By Afania 2024-08-28 16:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were talking specifically about Korea the entire time, then why mention Asia? The game was already in Asia as it was released in Japan.

I already referenced that.

Quote:
they didn't release in Asia outside of Japan as well,

Was there news anywhere that Blue Protocol was being released in Asia specifically by Smilegate?

I didn't say Smilegate will publish outside of Korea, I said Smilegate did the beta.

Smilegate did the beta...

You read it wrong.

(Edit: Yeah, I should have said "Smilegate did the beta in Korea" to avoid confusion, but I wasn't expecting people would read it wrong by omitting 2 words)

Quote:
The only info I see is that they were contracted to release the game in Korea, not the entirety of Asia.

I already referenced it too.

No, because Smilegate(Korean publisher for BP) and Cayenne entertainment (Traditional Chinese region publisher for BP)
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2024-08-28 16:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes no logical sense to say this while saying that you knew Smilegate was only handling a Korean release. If nothing else, it's very misleading to people who don't know that as you chose to omit it, if you truly even did know. On top of that, I can't even find any information showing that Smilegate even did any beta at all.

I read what you wrote. Next time, say what you're thinking in your head instead of giving out false information, and then correcting yourself later as if you knew it all along.
By Afania 2024-08-28 16:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes no logical sense to say this while saying that you knew Smilegate was only handling a Korean release. If nothing else, it's very misleading to people who don't know that as you chose to omit it, if you truly even did know. On top of that, I can't even find any information showing that Smilegate even did any beta at all.

I read what you wrote. Next time, say what you're thinking in your head instead of giving out false information, and then correcting yourself later as if you knew it all along.

I said publishers in the first sentence, obviously I was meant to say there are different publishers in Asian region, Smilegate being one of them. Or else why would I add 's'?

I read that Smilegate did Beta in 2023 September 15 for localization tests.

It's fine to read it wrong, just ask for correction. It's not good manner to accuse people for spreading misinformation because you read it wrong.

Quote:
I can't even find any information showing that Smilegate even did any beta at all.

They did in 2023, though beta sign up info is no longer on their website since it's so long ago. Maybe somewhere if you dig hard.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-28 17:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like Radial has biased opinion against Amazon to me.
He is far from alone in that.

But yes, censorship =/= Amazon did it.
First Page 2 3 ... 22690 22691 22692 ... 22706 22707 22708