Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22687 22688 22689 ... 22706 22707 22708
By Afania 2024-08-25 08:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They tried to shame Wukong into failure and made it's success way more than crazy than it had any right to be.

Wukong will be a success with or without western media and market because Chinese market is drastically different from the rest of the world. The entire country is supporting this game. CCP government(the real ruling class) kept opening every doors for it, while their competitors struggle to open the same doors. Chinese news media talked about it, companies are giving away free copies and a day off to play this game.

It's kind of support that other competitors in the same market don't have. How can it not be a success?

It's pretty much easy win the moment it happened.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-08-25 09:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The AAA industry matters, because it pushes the overton window on what is and is not acceptable across the board. Indie games have very little impact beyond themselves.

Many companies are afraid to pander to customers, because of journalists, twitter plebs and activists.

Games like SB, Wukong, SF6, Bg3 etc doing well show them they can do it and make lots of money. Not only are what you can call anti woke games doing really well, massive budget woke games are catastrophically flopping.
By Viciouss 2024-08-25 09:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, "anti-woke" games. Also known as games that aren't being made.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-08-25 09:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Dustborn is a spectacular failure.

This game was partially funded by the EU government, if you look into it you'll see it got grants from some EU agency or something. They gave them hundreds of thousands of dollars to make it.

You just pander to the ideology of the dumbass politicians to get your grant.

https://www.nfi.no/eng/news/2019/all-time-record-grants-by-norwegian-film-institute-to-apps-productions

Many devs will make whatever pap you want, if you give them a 5 year job to do so.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-25 09:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

When I say anti woke, I actually just mean games that are not full of left wing ideology.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-25 09:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Isnt it amazing that RFK Jr. ran as a left leaning third party and less than 4 hours after he dropped out and endorsed Trump, multiple news sites had all these fresh hit pieces about how he sold coke in University?

Just an amazing coincidence that all these news sites discovered this huge bombshell at the exact same time on a Friday afternoon, what are the odds?
After rambling around the lower end of the news cycle for over a year he suddenly became big news Friday. No coinkydink at all.

Don't worry, the news is already chasing some other shiny object.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-25 09:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And speaking if shiny objects ...

By Afania 2024-08-25 10:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Games like SB, Wukong, SF6, Bg3 etc doing well show them they can do it and make lots of money.

Nah. No game from China can be political incorrect, ever. Those political incorrect games got burned down to the ground.

It's not a western world only thing. Chinese are 100 times more harsh on ideology in games than any western woke or anti-woke. They can easily negative review bomb a game into oblivion if they don't like what you said in your game.

Wukong is about as political correct as one can possibly imagine. That's how it got all the doors opened in China.

SB wasn't that successful, imo. It sold less than FF16. If SB is successful then FF16 is 3 times more successful using the same standard.
By Afania 2024-08-25 10:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

When I say anti woke, I actually just mean games that are not full of left wing ideology.

You pretty much have to be educated in western countries to even know what is so-called "left wing ideology" or DEI. It's simply not a thing outside of the western world.

Isn't it obvious that Korean/Chinese/Japanese dev won't have DEI ideology in them because it's not part of the education system?

That doesn't mean Asians made games to be anti-woke. They still followed the political correct in their own country. It's just different kind of political correct from the western world.

Try to make a game that Japan got nuked in WWII. I promise you Japanese will be pissed off just like wokes pissed off at female design. Political correct is everywhere, every culture has a red line that mainstream games can not step on.

It is not a western thing.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-25 10:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
No game from China can be political incorrect, ever. Those political incorrect games got burned down to the ground.

It's not a western world only thing. Chinese are 100 times more harsh on ideology in games than any western woke or anti-woke. They can easily negative review bomb a game into oblivion if they don't like what you said in your game.
If you think that negative review bombing is the worst thing that can happen to a Chinese game that doesn't toe the party line you are sadly mistaken.
By RadialArcana 2024-08-25 10:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah. No game from China can be political incorrect, ever. Those political incorrect games got burned down to the ground.

It's been pushed so far into anti consumer territory now that China is the good guy. Our own game industry is the enemy of the consumer because they no longer work on basic capitalist standards (provide product your customer wants, get money), they actively are making things they know the customers don't like and forcing them to consume it because of ideology.

The new WOW expansion is a great example, it's pure slop cause the company is petrified of feminists.

Quote:
It is not a western thing.

It absolutely is, basically they are so comfortable in their dominance that they no longer think they have to pander to customers. The mass lay offs are the golden reality check that is sorely needed, we need far far more of them to cut away these dumbos.

There has been a lot of psychology going on in the industry, where they think they have effectively anchored these franchises enough where they can do what they want and people will still consume the slop. This works to a point, but not when there are outside sources offering alternatives.

They can't block these games made in Japan, Korea and China (although you can see the hatred building against them from these woke game devs on twitter, activists and journalists, where they are starting to be more and more racist and aggressive against these countries now).
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-25 11:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaffy said: »
Back to my vodka and monke game. That big headed idiot near the second shrine keeps *** me up, and I'm determined to kill it before I go to sleep.

Wukong doing a great job humbling me. Some say its far easier than Elden Ring but I'm still getting my *** whooped a lot.
I fell asleep and the bigheaded idiot is still alive :(

I also encountered my first two-phaser:

>>Cutscene starts and I have a sliver of HP and no gourd left
me: "Did I die or did I kill it?"
CS: "now you'll see my real form" (or whatever it said)
me: "***"
By Afania 2024-08-25 11:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been pushed so far into anti consumer territory now that China is the good guy.

I stopped reading after this. You aren't making any sense atm lol.

China is using Wukong as their "culture war" weapon in an attempt to export Chinese culture so they can win their own culture war. Even CCP officials made a statement about it. Many the Chinese news outlets is currently going out full force saying Chinese culture will prevail since Wukong craze. And somehow they are "good guy" doing the exact same thing as woke? At best that makes them the same as woke, not "better than woke".

I think you just hate woke so much that anything else is "good guy" to you, even if they did the exact same thing. This is ridiculous.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2024-08-25 12:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

https://youtu.be/tQYnMpuqiz0?si=A3IC7XnfTQaOWiz9 Oh boy i might be next it can take 1-3 months to get i hope i get lucky on drops this is the greatest lore item in classic wow its a kin to warcraft 2 and 3
 Bahamut.Drumskull
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2024-08-25 12:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaffy said: »
Back to my vodka and monke game. That big headed idiot near the second shrine keeps *** me up, and I'm determined to kill it before I go to sleep.

Wukong doing a great job humbling me. Some say its far easier than Elden Ring but I'm still getting my *** whooped a lot.
I fell asleep and the bigheaded idiot is still alive :(

I also encountered my first two-phaser:

>>Cutscene starts and I have a sliver of HP and no gourd left
me: "Did I die or did I kill it?"
CS: "now you'll see my real form" (or whatever it said)
me: "***"

Bro its so much easier than elden ring its more like a ninja gaiden game on extra hard mode i got to chapter 2 yesterday il play again tommrow i died on every boss atleast 3 times except the besr second fight i won in 1 try. Bro the game looks *** better than elden ring even on low setting its *** insane
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-25 12:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The mass lay offs are the golden reality check that is sorely needed, we need far far more of them to cut away these dumbos.
You don't understand capitalism either.

ATM??? RA often doesn't make any sense.

China is using Wukong as their "culture war" weapon in an attempt to export Chinese culture so they can win their own culture war. Even CCP officials made a statement about it. Many the Chinese news outlets is currently going out full force saying Chinese culture will prevail since Wukong craze.
Of course its culture. Its based on "Journey to the West" one of the four greatest works of Chinese literature. IDK if its culture war though.

And being based on Journey it avoids politics and political correctness entirely.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-08-25 12:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Video games, make good video games. If you do I like you, you can kick puppies in your spare time for all I care.
By Afania 2024-08-25 13:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
IDK if its culture war though.

It's culture war between Chinese nationalism and anti-sinofication faction. Pretty much every pro-china YouTube channels and news outlets is currently using Wukong's success to spam Chinese nationalism propaganda atm.

If this isn't culture war between 2 political factions then idk what is.

Maybe getting involved in the politics isn't the intention of the game dev at all. Maybe they just want to make a good game and picked the safest, most overused theme called Journey to the west. But it doesn't change the fact that certain political factions are using it to promote their political ideology and fight the opposite side, and it isn't just westerners are doing it.

Which is fine, to be honest. Politic is part of life. I am simply calling Radial being wrong on "only westerners likes political agenda" bit. It's obviously false.
By Afania 2024-08-25 13:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

And being based on Journey it avoids politics and political correctness entirely.

The act of deliberately picking a theme that avoids political debate IS political correctness, lol. Game Science didn't avoid political correct, they worked WITH political correct, lol.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-25 13:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

imma just leave this here:
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
Server: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-08-25 13:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

me when i play classic wow... i think i great warlock but id still lose 1v3...... i cant beat 3 ppl how the *** do the best warlock do that >>< SEEN A VIDEO WHER HE BEAT A WARRIOR A MAGE AND A DRUID the korean guy i forgot his name

YouTube Video Placeholder

2004 SCREEN RESOLUTIN BAD PIXELS
man i miss FFXI 75 era as well, atleast wow classic is here.. these 2 games were the *** best at the time... i wana go back for ffix :( whoreizon is ***

TIME TO GET OLD OR LOSE GOLD
https://www.twitch.tv/ashcrow232
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-25 14:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt it amazing that RFK Jr. ran as a left leaning third party and less than 4 hours after he dropped out and endorsed Trump, multiple news sites had all these fresh hit pieces about how he sold coke in University?

Just an amazing coincidence that all these news sites discovered this huge bombshell at the exact same time on a Friday afternoon, what are the odds?
After rambling around the lower end of the news cycle for over a year he suddenly became big news Friday. No coinkydink at all.

Don't worry, the news is already chasing some other shiny object.
Just making sure I got this right:
When he was the biggest third party candidate in the 2024 US Election, he was a nobody on the lower end of the news cycle.
When he dropped out and endorsed Trump, he immediately became headline news on multiple news outlets over the speculation that he sold cocaine fifty years ago.

At no point for over a year when he was "the lower end of the news cycle" did anyone mention this coke dealing rumor. No one mentioned it when he was spewing Covid conspiracies? They all discovered the coke dealing at the exact same time mere hours after endorsing Trump?

And not one singular neuron of the 86 billion neurons in your brain is going "hey, this seems sus"???
 Asura.Qibble
user: KibbleK
By Asura.Qibble 2024-08-25 14:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just making sure I got this right:
When he was the biggest third party candidate in the 2024 US Election, he was a nobody on the lower end of the news cycle.
When he dropped out and endorsed Trump, he immediately became headline news on multiple news outlets over the speculation that he sold cocaine fifty years ago.

At no point for over a year when he was "the lower end of the news cycle" did anyone mention this coke dealing rumor. No one mentioned it when he was spewing Covid conspiracies? They all discovered the coke dealing at the exact same time mere hours after endorsing Trump?

Did you read the atlantic article about him dealing? Author plainly says why it's out now.

Quote:
Given that you sold cocaine in your youth, how do you feel about his advocacy of a regime that might have resulted in your own execution?

He's talking about the time that Trump said he'd be up for the death penalty for those involved in distribution of drugs.

This is the most believable thing about RFK Jr, if you knew anything about his history with drugs lol

Quote:
And not one singular neuron of the 86 billion neurons in your brain is going "hey, this seems sus"???
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-25 14:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Qibble said: »
Author plainly says why it's out now.
All the authors of various unrelated news outlets across North America are on the exact same page with the exact same reason at the exact same time.

Is this a mere coincidence or is this the act of a puppeteer pulling the strings?

Also a lot has changed in 50 years in almost every facet of life. Whats the statute of limitations on selling hard drugs?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-08-25 14:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

***is sus as *** lmao

how is this *** Harris all of a sudden so *** popu....

Nahhh im not doing this... My current goal is to stack money, navigate carefully during this Orwellian horror, and move to Thailand as I learn Thai during my downtime.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-25 14:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, he already had the whole brain worms thing and the dead bear prank. The DNC hasn't really been pulling their punches(we all know the media is in their pockets). I don't think this is a sudden change in tune, personally. I do think that they are stabbing themselves in the foot by being so aggressive toward him. What libertarian cares about drug use..? Forcing him off the ballot in NY is not going to make his followers more sympathetic to democrats, either.

Everyone with eyes can see how astroturfed Kamala is, though.
[+]
 Asura.Qibble
user: KibbleK
By Asura.Qibble 2024-08-25 14:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Qibble said: »
Author plainly says why it's out now.
All the authors of various unrelated news outlets across North America are on the exact same page with the exact same reason at the exact same time.

There's 1 article in The Atlantic about it, most of the rest of the stories about it are just news aggregators.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-08-25 15:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The funniest thing about RFK is he thinks his endorsement matters. The second Biden gave way for a younger candidate was the second people forgot about RFK. He was only ever in it because he was the youngest of two 80 year olds. Couldn't believe when Bill Clinton got up and reminded people that despite the fact he was President 30 years ago, he was still younger than old man Trump.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-25 15:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on topic of drinking water....

Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-25 17:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I mean, he already had the whole brain worms thing and the dead bear prank. The DNC hasn't really been pulling their punches(we all know the media is in their pockets).
Do you even read the news?

The funniest thing about RFK is he thinks his endorsement matters.
It does. To Trump. Kamala passed.

Pantafernando said: »
Back on topic of drinking water....
I don't drink water. I would get railroaded out of the W. C. Fields fan club if I did.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22687 22688 22689 ... 22706 22707 22708