Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22605 22606 22607 ... 22639 22640 22641
By Pantafernando 2024-05-30 14:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just converted and heard the first chapter of the AI book I bought.

Interestingly how they charge $16 for the audiobook by default, while I just take 10 minutes per chapter to convert 30 pages in audio.

I suppose the total work is near 2h to get an audiobook for a 300+ pages book. And $16 for 2h work is pretty cheap.

But anyway, I will pretend I saving some costs doing an amateur job instead of paying an extra. And when my AI technique gets good, I will have a bot to do it for me, with any sexy actress voice teaching me computer science instead
By Pantafernando 2024-05-30 14:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I will create a private server of FFXI filled with AI autmated players that will join your EP farming.

You will never be alone in my private server. Only you and my bots
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-30 15:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
articles showed that back in pre-2011 Canada was extremely pro-immigrant.

These things are nonsense and often funded to create a narrative by psychologists.

They do not ask everyone (obviously) or a mass of people even, they ask a small number of people (and the kinds of people who respond to these things in the first place are very specific people, if someone asks me to waste time answering questions I tell them to no for instance) and scale the answers up. For instance ask 100 or 1000 people and scale up as a representative of the population.

The place you pick to ask the question (rich liberal area vs poor working area), the kinds of people (university students vs working people in a factory), the way they question is structured as well as the way the poll is conducted (in person on the street in front of others for instance) can heavily skew the reply you get.

If you ask people to vote on mass immigration (not immigration that benefits the nation, mass immigration that benefits the corporations), the vast majority will be against it (brexit was ultimately about immigration for example) because it takes jobs, pushes down wages heavily, pushes up prices of and lowers availability of houses and rental property, causes issues for health care and destroys social cohesion.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-30 15:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I will create a private server of FFXI filled with AI autmated players that will join your EP farming.

It already exists, Horizon is at least 30-40% fake players. They aren't bots though, they just inflate the /sea all number and add a number to it every time someone types /sea all.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-05-30 15:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Quote:
articles showed that back in pre-2011 Canada was extremely pro-immigrant.

These things are nonsense and often funded to create a narrative by psychologists.

They do not ask everyone (obviously) or a mass of people even, they ask a small number of people (and the kinds of people who respond to these things in the first place are very specific people, if someone asks me to waste time answering questions I tell them to no for instance) and scale the answers up. For instance ask 100 or 1000 people and scale up as a representative of the population.

The place you pick to ask the question (rich liberal area vs poor working area), the kinds of people (university students vs working people in a factory), the way they question is structured as well as the way the poll is conducted (in person on the street in front of others for instance) can heavily skew the reply you get.

https://i.imgur.com/A0dTCxt.jpeg

If you ask people to vote on mass immigration (not immigration that benefits the nation, mass immigration that benefits the corporations), the vast majority will be against it (brexit was ultimately about immigration for example) because it takes jobs, pushes down wages heavily, pushes up prices of and lowers availability of houses and rental property, causes issues for health care and destroys social cohesion.
As a psychology student who has performed this type of research, we are aware of all the potential data skews like what you've listed and all research to be submitted to journals and the scientific community for peer review lists these methods concerns transparently in the research paper for anyone to review and duplicate or improve upon the study as needed.

I would recommend sticking to peer reviewed research papers if you want to avoid the pitfalls of manipulation and propaganda that will try to twist the data to a narrative
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-30 15:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The majority of studies or research that is shown to the public is garbage quality, that are created and shared to push the public to accept the thinking they want them too accept. The goal being to make people who are against "thing" think they are a minority and the majority love "thing". As tribal animals this is very effective as we are hard coded to "fit in"

Also Academia has been corrupted for a while, it's less about stone cold facts and scientific truth these days and more about feelings or "the greater good" as seen through their eyes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grievance_studies_affair

Quote:
The grievance studies affair was the project of a team of three authors—Peter Boghossian, James A. Lindsay, and Helen Pluckrose—to highlight what they saw as poor scholarship and erosion of standards in several academic fields. Taking place over 2017 and 2018, their project entailed submitting bogus papers to academic journals on topics from the field of critical social theory such as cultural, ***, race, gender, fat, and sexuality studies to determine whether they would pass through peer review and be accepted for publication. Several of these papers were subsequently published, which the authors cited in support of their contention.[1]

The trio set out with the intent to expose problems in what they called "grievance studies", referring to academic areas where they claim "a culture has developed in which only certain conclusions are allowed... and put social grievances ahead of objective truth".[2][3][4] As such, the trio, identifying themselves as leftists and liberals, described their project as an attempt to raise awareness of what they believed was the damage that postmodernism and identity politics-based scholarship was having on leftist political projects as well as on science and academia more broadly.

It is well known that if a fact is uncomfortable or seen as being useful to "bad people" online it will be stated as being false or not be allowed to be talked about for instance.

We live in a time where large numbers of people for instance are in top universities or STEM jobs and everyone knows they should not be there, but "the greater good" prevailed so they are. We are moving away from a merit based society, and into a DEI feelings based one.

The teachers in universities are even afraid to fail students in certain groups, because if they can be shown they give lower pass rates for specific groups they get called out on twitter and fired for being raisin or sexist.
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-30 15:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
do you not understand the difference between an immigrant who goes through the legal processes of immigration and open border unvetted illegal immigrants and “asylum seekers”??

I dont have a problem with immigrants. One of my parents are an immigrant, who went though the legal process and proper vetting of immigration to Canada.

Also using data from 14 years ago is bonkers. In ffxi terms, thats pre-ilvl.

The discussion was that the mass immigration happened today is the direct result of people's support from 14 years ago. Of course the data was from 14 years ago. If people just starting to support mass immigration now then you wouldn't see the negative result now until a few years later.

I also said people's opinions on immigration changed recently as negative effects show. So I am well aware that people's opinion is different from before.

The whole discussion has been a about legal immigrants, not illegal ones.

https://www.immilawglobal.com/blog/canada-to-accept-1.5-million-immigrant/

It is literally government officials saying they are accepting one million immigrants. Obviously they don't mean illegal ones.

Really I see the whole mass immigration thing was just decisions from people 14 years ago, that includes people who may have an opinion and didn't vote nor protest back then ._.
By Afania 2024-05-30 16:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This is viewing Canadian culture from UK pov imo.

Back in 90s to early 2000 Canadian housing prices weren't nearly as high. And healthcare system issues only start showing in past 5-6 years or so. (It was always very inefficient back then, but not 27 weeks wait time level of inefficient). So the negative aspect of mass immigration wasn't showing. People had way less reasons to be against immigrants 10-20 years ago.

There are no such thing as "destroys social cohesion" because multiculturalism(or people call it cultural mosaic) has been THE core Canadian value since 1971, when PM announced that it is the official government policy. You can't destroy social cohesion if the core values of a country is multiculturalism(in other words, social cohesion is weak to begin with, nothing to destroy). Ever since then the entire education system teaches people to accept immigrants and embrace multiculturalism. This shapes many people's pov on immigrants in Canada.

So there is very solid historical factors affecting people's opinion on mass immigration in Canada. It is not some random research facility making things up. This is also likely a different scenario from the UK since UK doesn't have the same history nor policy. Hence different pov on the whole matter.
By Draylo 2024-05-30 16:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It's getting scary, just look at NY now. It feels like something the vocal radicals profess is the best thing ever, but literally everyone around you thinks how crazy it is but is afraid to say anything. I miss the little PR threads
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-30 16:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I walked past a toy store today, there is still the old star wars toys (not the mickey mouse crap), captain picard and data star trek action figures, model airplane kits you paint yourself, harry potter and all the stuff you would expect to see in there 20 years ago.

Either we are totally stagnant as a society or kids aren't buying toys anymore, and it's adults buying this stuff.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-30 17:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

kids aren't buying toys anymore, and it's adults buying this stuff.
^
[+]
By Draylo 2024-05-30 17:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Kids dont really play with toys much anymore. Not to mention most of the stuff they are based off is complete garbage, which is the new star wars. I follow a guy on youtube that always does videos about going to stores and seeing the same toys there every year all constantly discounted and nobody buying them. Nobody cares about most of the new star wars stuff and kids are all glued to tablets and phones these days.

YouTube Video Placeholder

The adults aren't bbuying that garbage unless they are collectors on a budget (some of them are nice like marvel legends for collection purposes.) Most adult collectors are into "Hot Toys" or statues.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-30 17:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

State of Play is on/live btw

Astro Bot looks like an absolute blast!
By RadialArcana 2024-05-30 17:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually embarrassing how badly Disney messed up star wars.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-30 17:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

path of exile 2 and monster hunter wilds look good.
By Draylo 2024-05-30 17:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Silent Hill 2, Oct, exciting.

It's actually embarrassing how badly Disney messed up star wars.

Yup, they really trashed it. I can't believe it, they had hit the lottery with the amount of things they could do with it and they completely ruined it. They are doubling down and doing more movies about Rey after completely destroying the legacy characters. Just such a shame. I think that will be like a nexus point, when Disney bought Star Wars, it could have been so much and now its an weapon of wokeness.
By Viciouss 2024-05-30 17:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking forward to the Acolyte next week. Hopefully its closer to Andor than Kenobi.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-30 17:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the actor for Blade bailed

This blade movie(disney in general) is just a pile of disasters lul
By Viciouss 2024-05-30 18:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't blame him for leaving but Jurassic World? Really?
By Draylo 2024-05-30 18:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are people spamming "W" in live chats for silent hill and saying the worst crap. Is it that beef with the old director or something? I swear theres like 5 people with huge bot networks spamming stuff just to influence others to do it, people are weird online.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-30 18:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

uhawwwwwokwwwww
By jubes 2024-05-30 18:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

POE2 couch play gonna be fun
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-30 18:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the actor for Blade bailed

This blade movie(disney in general) is just a pile of disasters lul
All they gotta do is copy 1 & 2 frame for frame and it'll be great.

2 was the one with the blood rave right?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-30 18:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Opening scene? That was blade 1.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-30 20:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting married tomorrow :)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-30 21:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »

congorats broder
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-30 23:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Holy ***! GRATZ!!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-31 01:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning you who are marrying tomorrow. Also good morning you who are already married.

And good morning you who will never get married because youre a nerd unable to establish romantic relationships.

But someday will happen

Grats Vyre-san

Edit: dog clap

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-31 05:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I just need to finish one book to have enough to complete my capstone project.

Im not sure why Im starting THREE other book in parallel.

My last boss once told me i have problems keeping focus in the priority task.

Dann right
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-05-31 06:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Why are people spamming "W" in live chats for silent hill and saying the worst crap. Is it that beef with the old director or something? I swear theres like 5 people with huge bot networks spamming stuff just to influence others to do it, people are weird online.
I wanted to like it, but I couldn't defend this
Wtf did they do to poor Angela
First Page 2 3 ... 22605 22606 22607 ... 22639 22640 22641