Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22603 22604 22605 ... 22636 22637 22638
By Pantafernando 2024-05-29 09:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Is that public health care?
I believe the complaint is not that its public but that there isn't much care.

I mean, in a country like here, people only care about money, and if they arent getting much or any, they care even less in the services.

So, its kinda reduntant to me, being public, and they dont caring to provide any reasonable service. Its actually kinda given here
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-05-29 10:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Regulations require every policy to have an out of pocket cap, and while insurers have attempted to prevent this sort of system, many states(including mine) have legislated that they need to count payments made on behalf of the patient toward the out of pocket cap.

When my second kid was born with EA/TEF, we had a policy for that year that ducked this, it's part of the reason it cost so much.

They labeled the hospital we were in as in-network, which one would anticipate means the doctors and care were in-network as well given surgical procedures, etc, however that isn't the case. The facility can be in-network, but doctors aren't necessarily in network and nothing you paid them contributed to anything. The problem is there isn't a lot of choice, you show up and the anesthesiologist is just who is there, for instance. We had to pay out of pocket for several doctors related to my wife and kid's care while he was in the NICU and none of it contributed towards deductibles or maxes.

It was compounded because this all went down in mid-December and neither one got out of the hospital until January, which meant in one month we racked up maxes for both years on top of all these expenses that aren't covered. I lost track of the bills after a while but it was somewhere in the realm of $60k-70k not including the $24k-$26k paid yearly for insurance.

IIRC the current administration passed or attempted to pass some rules to address this mixed labeling of networks, but idk if it went through or not, it's shady as hell. We were at least able to change providers the next year, something we planned on doing because they somehow determined the four OB visits my wife went to while pregnant weren't "medically necessary".
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-29 10:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

While were dunking on mentally ill politicians, lets see what the people in charge of Ontario are doing to combat rampant car theft going on here:

Yes, suspending the licenses of carjackers will really deter them from stealing cars. Their thought process seems to be "without a license, it will be illegal for them to drive the car they are stealing, therefor they cant steal the car".
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-29 10:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Their thought process seems to be "without a license, it will be illegal for them to drive the car they are stealing, therefor they cant steal the car".

Seems to be about the same policies we're seeing in the liberal parts of the US, where the goal isn't to stop crime, but to present a pretense of stopping crime. Somehow, it's seen as more harmful to enforce the law on low-income citizens horizon players than it is to let them ruin the lives of productive citizens.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-29 10:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They have no problem enforcing the law on those productive citizens when they try to stop said crimes either.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-29 13:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I like this gif a whole lot.
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-29 13:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
So effectively the right wing party is now left wing.

Lol I read this sentence and legitimately find it funny. I always feel the term "right wing" and "left wing" is an ineffective term when it comes to describing a government policy and direction. It's a simple term that people can understood, but in the end all it really does is separating "us" and "they", that's all.

The truth is that the most ideal policy is often somewhere in between, and it should change depends on time and situation. But as soon as the term "right" and "left" is used in a political discussion it become impossible to discuss the pros and cons of each policy case by case.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-29 14:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no middle

Everyone in the middle gets called a nazi by the left and a libcuck by the right
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-29 14:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no middle

Everyone in the middle gets called a nazi by the left and a libcuck by the right

Does that include "the right wing party that is effectivly left wing" too?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-29 15:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My chemo pills are about 2.5k and my injections are about 2.2k per month. Plus a 10k or so scan every 3 months. Don't even know what all the procedures cost. If it weren't for a real good insurance policy I'd probably be dead and idk how it'd work at all in a country where they may put off my scans and procedures because they don't deem it necessary enough to be at the front of the line.

Low/no income friend of mine is on Medicaid which covers absolutely everything, sometimes he tells me what his bills look like compared to mine for basically the same ***. Gov't ends up negotiating less than 25% the amount that my insurance ends up paying out for the same medications and procedures.

Health care is the biggest scam on the planet and they know they can get away with it because the alternative to proper care is death.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-29 15:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Prothe and Chanti making me forever sadge that they have cancer T_T

Obviously just the uncaring universe being that way, but I'm rather sensitive about it cause of my mom.

Y'all don't go losing that fight now. Y'all both live til over 100, ya hear? Spit in cancer's face!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-29 15:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the top priorities of various Govt's in Canada today?

Stigma around menstruation and periods.
https://x.com/CityOfVictoria/status/1795606211800310236
https://x.com/SeamusORegan/status/1795604811062407366
https://x.com/HonAhmedHussen/status/1795478130250920384

This is their *** priority.
By Dodik 2024-05-29 15:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not just governments. There's companies putting priority on changing default branch names for repositories from "master" to whatever non-master/slave nomenclature they think would be less likely to get them sued by the easily offended recent woke graduates of today.
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-29 15:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Low/no income friend of mine is on Medicaid which covers absolutely everything, sometimes he tells me what his bills look like compared to mine for basically the same ***. Gov't ends up negotiating less than 25% the amount that my insurance ends up paying out for the same medications and procedures.

Health care is the biggest scam on the planet and they know they can get away with it because the alternative to proper care is death.

I think the reason why cancer treatment is so expensive because it is incredibly risky and costly to develop them to begin with. It is possible to invest a lot of money for zero return. And yet the end result was only slightly better than before even after all the resources used. Without the incentive for money no investor will put money in it. Then our procedures won't advance.

So it become a necessary evil to let investors earn money as an incentive to push our technology forward.

Keep in mind just 200-300 years ago in 1700-1800, human life expectancy was 30-40 years in every region, that's supposed to be the "normal" lifespan of human. Now human lifespan is easily 80+ in most developed countries. Scam or not it is a system that objectively pushed human lifespan much, much longer than before.

Government negotiating for a lower price also doesn't magically lower the cost on research. It's more like tax payers are paying the fee, and that fee still isn't low.

I personally don't see a way to keep pushing human lifespan longer and longer without money involved in some way, realistically.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-29 15:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't only cancer treatment. Solved problems that cost pennies to manufacture such as insulin injections cost hundreds of dollars as another example. Health care conglomerates are misers who know that either

A) people will back down and pay up because they fear death

or

B) dead men can't file lawsuits
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-29 15:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record, I do not fall into A. If I didn't have insurance I'd gladly slip quietly into the cold night.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-29 16:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

;_;
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-29 16:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Keep in mind just 200-300 years ago in 1700-1800, human life expectancy was 30-40 years in every region, that's supposed to be the "normal" lifespan of human. Now human lifespan is easily 80+ in most developed countries. Scam or not it is a system that objectively pushed human lifespan much, much longer than before.

This has more to do with other things, like clean water, food standards, antibiotics (which are extremely cheap, the man that invented them also died penniless) and things like that.

Majority of people used to die from simple infections.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-05-29 18:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By jubes 2024-05-29 19:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

mmm pasta sandwich
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-29 21:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone check out "Dark Matter"?

AppleTV always coming out with some neat ***.
YouTube Video Placeholder

It's just black mirror/Twilight zone/Outer limits esk enough. Guy builds a parallel dimension machine and swaps places with himself in a better timeline. (rick and morty)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-05-29 22:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry, this is dark matter...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4159076/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
[+]
By Afania 2024-05-30 00:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It isn't only cancer treatment. Solved problems that cost pennies to manufacture such as insulin injections cost hundreds of dollars as another example. Health care conglomerates are misers who know that either

A) people will back down and pay up because they fear death

or

B) dead men can't file lawsuits

insulin injections being super expensive is more of an US problem, not health care problem in general no? I've heard stories of Americans buying cheap insulin injections in Mexico or something. It's much cheaper everywhere else outside of the US.

Most of the medicine, afaik, has decreased price years after they are invented, includes the one that saves lives. Cancer treatment is one of the few exceptions because each new invention only has slightly better result than before. So it feels like you spend a lot of money on them, but that's mostly because no one wants to used older and cheaper procedure for less chance to survive.

I don't know about US enough to comment on insulin injections price problem there. But that is definitely not health care industry norm to increase price by 10x over a few years like that.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-30 01:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Does bard song duration also effected by skills so ml can increase it or no there is a limit with both gear and skill like geo? I made alt with 4 songs but am so ***with it since i play manual macros i keep *** rotations
By Pantafernando 2024-05-30 01:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning you who are a canadian. Good morning you who are not a canadian.

Also good morning who are not even from Earth. I know you are already hiding among us, preparing the invasion.

Just hurry up and do it
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-30 01:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys 3 boxing easy or hard?
By Pantafernando 2024-05-30 02:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Annoying
By Pantafernando 2024-05-30 02:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I should be 2 months away to finish my (virtual) uni and its bothersome having to do 2 core subjects together with my capstone project, thats my main focus atm because it actually hone my real profissional skills instead of entrepreneur or rereading for the 10th time about agile and devops.

Im about to call my uni to tell them that I will redo my captone project classes just to properly focus on it
By jubes 2024-05-30 03:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
Guys 3 boxing easy or hard?

that depends on you and your level of automation. gonna require some, no matter what. even if you are an alt+tab wizard and can hold 3 keyboards at once. I've only touched the surface of what's possible compared to most but it's pretty easy to get comfortable with the basics.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-30 05:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.22329

Human life expectancy is only that low when using arithmetic mean, child mortality is a huge biasing factor. The increase isn't necessarily due to medicine in a large part either, as many deaths were due to starvation and many infections are prevented by sanitation. For that matter, average lifespan in the US is now dropping.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22603 22604 22605 ... 22636 22637 22638