Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22563 22564 22565 ... 22574 22575 22576
By Pantafernando 2024-04-11 09:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally i got the date to start my new job.

20/05.

Kinda relieved now. Im on countdown to say goodbye to my current life and embrace the unknown.

Being paid less, but oh well. Money isnt everything
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-11 09:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I am disappointed to have discovered firsthand that even though the Dark Matter Augments campaign starts before JPM, the Ambuscade bonus campaign does not :/
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-11 09:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They all start at the same time, but you mustve done a run today already.

The first run is doubled, not the first run after 4 am... Should anyway, never been hardpressed to squeeze one in...
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-11 09:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

The first run is doubled, not the first run after 4 am...
I haven't done an Ambuscade since Monday, and I got exactly the same amount of Hallmarks and Gallantry on that run as I did just now.

Should anyway, never been hardpressed to squeeze one in...
I was more curious than anything. It's not even a big bonus. It's only Gallantry and it's only "doubled". At the end of the day, it's up to a ~30% increase in the points of a single run per day, and only if you're doing it with a full party.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-11 13:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

The first run is doubled, not the first run after 4 am...
I haven't done an Ambuscade since Monday, and I got exactly the same amount of Hallmarks and Gallantry on that run as I did just now.

Should anyway, never been hardpressed to squeeze one in...
I was more curious than anything. It's not even a big bonus. It's only Gallantry and it's only "doubled". At the end of the day, it's up to a ~30% increase in the points of a single run per day, and only if you're doing it with a full party.

i envy that you still enjoy FFXI jess
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-11 13:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Thunderjet said: »
i envy that you still enjoy FFXI jess
Eh. It comes in waves, as with all my interests. I enjoy it because I only came back a few years ago, and only really started getting back deep into it a few months ago.

I've set some goals for myself, and I might start dialing it back once I achieve them.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-11 14:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My goals are:

Gain Master Level 50 on Warrior (Currently 25 and my steam feels used up woof!)
Make a Mythic to i119
Make an Empyrean to i119
Get an Aeonic
+3 an entire Empyrean armor i119
Do Delve Fracture bosses someday
Do Dynamis Divergence final bosses someday
Finish this damn Oboro grind by the second week of June
Master RDM
Master BLU
Master COR
Master DRK (maybe)
Master SAM
Beat the mega boss of Sortie someday

It's a long road that only seems to stretch on to infinity wearing away at my finite being with every hill and mountain top I conquer.

I think I could climb a lot easier if I had friends in game to regularly play with. Without that, I feel like a madman, but so it goes.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-11 14:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you still play in 5 years, i will sub a new account then i will leech your EPs
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-11 14:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i am tired maybe il play eden
Dont tell draylo please
or maybe ffxiv i cant decide
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-11 14:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
My goals are:

Gain Master Level 50 on Warrior (Currently 25 and my steam feels used up woof!)

You can't burn out yet. You're ~5% in guy.

You have not yet even begun to suffer. 1,510,932 / 29,590,127

(And the 5% is disingenuous because points per mob will only go down)*
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-11 14:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My goals are:
I still have three storylines to go: The Voracious Resurgence, A Moogle Kupo d'Etat, and A Shantotto Ascension. Finishing all 15 storylines is the last of the primary goals I set when I returned, which also previously included getting every job to 99 and their AF, as well as catching up on the 39 Blue Mage spells introduced since my break.

Though I do have a number of other aspirations beyond that primary set of goals: job mastery for my main jobs, mastering a craft, and earning a Tizona.

Of course, I say those are my goals, and yet I rarely work towards any of them lol... Most of my time spent logged into XI is to play with my lovely little static. But that's something I'm happy to skirt around a Tizona to enjoy while it lasts.

EDIT: I actually have no interest in getting a job up to Master Level 50. I'll take what I get when I get it from just doing other content. Not only is that goal virtually unattainable with the time I have, the EP lost from getting knocked out scales up, too. And that's a bonus layer of pain I don't need to feel every time I eat dirt.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaiylie
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kaiylie 2024-04-11 15:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a lot of chumps in that screenshot =P

<3 /cheer
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-04-11 16:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

that one is a fun solo I hear these days.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-11 17:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
that one is a fun solo I hear these days.
Delve would be 100% soloable if not for the fact that you need a minimum of 3 people to enter...

But especially when there's a Delve campaign going on, it's pretty easy to find a group if you want to shout.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-11 17:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaiylie said: »
I see a lot of chumps in that screenshot =P

<3 /cheer
You know it's going to be a good time whenever Kaiy joins in too :D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-11 17:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats a first (for me): popped a Venus Orb, cracked 8 boxes with no loud thud, 9th was gold, and center wasnt loud thud either.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-11 20:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Activating [w h a l e m o d e]

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-12 01:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Activating [w h a l e m o d e]

Ewww Venat related.

Whale Mode is a flex though.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-12 17:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Just killed a guy at Quetzacoatl by countering him to death >.>; poor guy
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-12 17:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-13 07:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

2/5 +3 Boiiiii.

Found out how to not be an idiot and actually get metal before fighting Ghatjot. Pretty easy solo. Seems like I have to do him every other run though, because I can't get the magic kills consistently on Warrior using Shantotto II (I get a leech low and then swap to 1 damage sword and link together Red Lotus and Flat Blade to force her/KoH to MB Fusion).

Mainly because of the inconsistency with locating the ground floor minis / Bitzers for chests in F/G.

Gyvewrapped Vampire actually agro'd me before I got out of G last night. Decided to pull him away and kill him. Cause why not? Doom Counter reached 1... almost lost Exemplar... OTL scary!

Not sure what HTBF to dump merits on at this point. Most stuff seems lockstylely or like side grade accessories. I'm still missing the cape from Alexander, but that's the only thing... I guess it'd be kind of useful for Ninja TPing? Not that I plan to play Ninja a whole ton... (though it was my 3rd 75 back in the day and has a lot of nostalgia attached to it from me using it a ton for soloing). I've just been dumping them in Shinryu cause it depletes the merits the fastest. Got a Crepuscular Pebble, not sure if I can make use of it over my other ammo slot things I have. (I've got Ullr, NQ Just for men's gel orb, and a idk a cornucopia of other things).

Steadily saving up gil, which I guess I'll blow on augmenting Ragnarok or whatever in June. Though WAR +2 neck lookin' kinda thicc. But damn man, there's no way I feel good about spending 40+ mil on one accessory. Blegh. Everyone's always saying that gil is worthless these days, but I never can seem to get it quickly or in large enough quantities to get all the things that cost like that. And there's so many! If you played 3~5 jobs, you'd need like 200mil minimum just for their DYna D necks.

I can chain Locus Ghost Crabs now. They die a fair bit slower than hounds, but they're easier to go to, but at the same time I have to see a team of Galkas standing in the same exact spot never moving, fighting them. Which I figure is an actual player botting exemplar for all his Galka quintuple box, but even so...

I still blow out 4~5 UIAs every time I have the seals (and on full moon too, even though I don't believe in that malarky). Haven't even seen a Walkure Mask in like the past 40 or so runs of that. I feel like KC is a myth that comes from somewhere else, and where it actually comes from is a closely guarded secret, at this point.

After I finish this Oboro grind for Relics, I'm going to take great efforts to either get in on Jet's Dyna D LS or find one or something. This being compelled to grind 700+ JP a week is driving me nuts.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-13 07:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

+3 Boiiiii.

This is a +3 boiiii(s) in portuguese

[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-04-13 08:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to set my PC on fire with the benchmark tomorrow!
YouTube Video Placeholder

Upgrades look neat though.
FFIX's Abaddon in the fighting too. Gve me all the FFIX! (y'w')y
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-13 08:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

FSR1 lol
By Pantafernando 2024-04-13 10:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Best take i saw about Zuckemberg being successful and dropping Harvard was that, first, he was already smarter than average to join Harvard to begin with. Second, at that time, the internet world had so many unexplored opportunities just waiting to be seized. And finally, people like Zuckemberg was smart enough to foresee that best use of their time was leaving to explore those gold mines.

Im a person that favor the formal education, and think this is a fairer point than simply correlating the act of dropping studies to success
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-13 10:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

For every success there are ten thousand failures.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-13 11:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Can't wait to set my PC on fire with the benchmark tomorrow!
YouTube Video Placeholder

Upgrades look neat though.
FFIX's Abaddon in the fighting too. Gve me all the FFIX! (y'w')y
They really need to just up Meteor WoL to being a Highlander to more closely match his trailer appearance. He turns anorexic in engine, and even in HD just looks really bad.

My hype levels are still 0 for Dawntrail. *sigh*
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-04-13 12:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Release is over three months away. There's lots of time before they turn the hype up to 11.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-13 12:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Release is over three months away. There's lots of time before they turn the hype up to 11.
Well hopefully it's the opposite of Endwalker for me.

Endwalker I was hyped so hard I actually took off from work for the first two weeks of the expansion, which had to be re-approved because of the month delay.

I was hyped like 6 months ahead of time. I was hype incarnate.

Then Endwalker came, and it was like, "Ok, here's uhm... an ultimately mediocre "finale" that's really more of a direct sequel to the last expansion rather than an epic 10 year conclusion to the previous 10 years like we claimed it'd be. No refunds."

So maybe Yawntrail will be like, "No hype... Here's the unexpected formula breaking thrill ride that delivers on the promises of an all new sexy good time!"
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-04-13 14:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit midway through shadowbringers, the story just lost me. I never liked Alphinaud, and a certain rich bad guy whose name I can't remember was incredibly annoying. Have never gone back. Im glad to hear they are starting a brand new story. But I probably won't return.

Stormblood was awesome though, won't ever say anything bad about that particular expansion.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22563 22564 22565 ... 22574 22575 22576