Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22529 22530 22531 ... 22706 22707 22708
By Viciouss 2024-01-31 16:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhh the Sly Fox returns
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-31 16:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not a game I expected to get a sequel
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 16:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i hate that *** puppet

who's this kefka looking ***
By Viciouss 2024-01-31 16:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Too weird.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 16:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

cant believe they showed 20 mins of this
By Viciouss 2024-01-31 16:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably going to finish the show.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 16:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao see you feb 6th
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-01-31 16:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

See ya next week.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2024-01-31 16:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Laaaaaaaaaame.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 17:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

thinking about it, they really have to change DS2 for me to even think about buying it. The first one got a little more actiony later on but it's just so *** boring most of the time playing Amazon deliveryman. I get some people like it but not me.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-31 17:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definitely not a game for everyone, that's for sure.

Actually curious about the state of stranding one now that I think about it. All the structures fully destroyed and dead servers. Entertaining watching dan build like the entire highway for his server.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-01-31 17:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
1 + 1 + 1 = 3 is a true statement. You can describe it as 1(3) = 3 and it's still true. But that latter statement is suddenly false when you throw more into the mix. Any way you stretch it, describing it as a multiplier fails when you consider multiple sources of the same thing.

The bonus isn't 1(3), because if they are the exact same bonus, then combining them multiplicatively would be described as 1(3)(3), which is a 9x bonus. If we wanted to combine them additively, then that could only work if they were both different. 1(2+3) would be accurate, but that isn't the case because both bonuses individually "triple" the rewards.

So the only way to properly describe the bonus so it can be understood as you described it (without having to go through a long-winded explanation every time would be thus:
1 + 1(2) + 1(2) = 5

Neither Abdhaljs Seals nor the campaign are "tripling your rewards", they're "giving you the reward two more times".

That's likely how this bonus has always been applied. And while that distinction didn't matter a month ago, it matters from now on any time this event is active and possibly for additional bonuses in the future.

We've learned new information and should describe it properly.
so if you had a seal and got 1k from version 2, you would get 6k for the seal run if it was the first run of the day?

And if you do VD for 10k you would hit for 40 because 20 dmg and 60? or half for 20k?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 17:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

unironically my most hype game of the year (after palworld)
[+]
By jubes 2024-01-31 17:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

tired of cat races (heresy i know) but otherwise dogma 2 looking great.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-31 18:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It does look really good. Still gotta finish the last one lol

jubes said: »
tired of cat races (heresy i know)
Honestly, I'm just tired of the lack of inspiration. They're either literally just humans with cat ears or they're just bipedal lions. I'd ask for more something in-between, but I also recognize how tired the whole concept is becoming.
By Draylo 2024-01-31 18:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Will palworld make gamefreak rethink about how lazily they handle pokemon? probably not
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 18:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

doubt it. long as they can make billions doing nothing they will keep doing nothing. pokemon fans (nintendrones in general) don't care.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-31 18:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-31 18:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Will palworld make gamefreak rethink about how lazily they handle pokemon? probably not
Palworld still isn't even close to the sales of the last Pokemon release, and that was a Switch exclusive. They're probably going to chalk it up to it being a different target demographic and keep steady on their course.

They did say after Scarlet and Violet came out that they were going to let subsequent titles cook a little longer, but that was long before anyone saw Palworld's success.
By Pantafernando 2024-01-31 18:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I'm just tired of the lack of inspiration. They're either literally just humans with cat ears or they're just bipedal lions. I'd ask for more something in-between, but I also recognize how tired the whole concept is becoming.

Kinda what i felt during Star Ocean First Departure.

All roakians had animal tails/ears for literally no actual reason.

It never had any meaningful contribution to the plot (at least the first one) that kinda makes me believe the people had cat tails just because they can.

It wasnt even consistent through the game, with many characters actually not having tails.

Only japanese fetish explain those i guess
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-31 19:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Only japanese fetish explain those i guess
I'd guarantee you Mithra only exist because of someone's fetish. But I do appreciate the end result being something kind of in the middle. Every feature falls somewhere along a spectrum between the two. I especially love how all their animations are subtly cat-like, with aggressive battle stances, pouncing-like attacks, unique articulations in emotes.

(I have this saved as crediting FFXI_Artico)
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-01-31 20:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Yea, same here. I never played the first one but I am going to do it after I finish Rebirth, which I'm only doing because I can't not play something in the FFVII universe (yes, even Dirge).

I would've missed the DG series entirely had it not been for BG3, I started following Mortismal and saw him talking about it. Turns out I got the game at some point during a Steam sale and never touched it, but it's high on my list to do before the sequel comes out in March.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-01-31 21:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

jubes said: »
tired of cat races (heresy i know)
Something a bit more than Mithra on the furry scale but less than full on cat.

Wuk Lamat, MSQ NPC for Dawntrail and the first of the promissed Hrothgar females.

And IDK why the pic doesn't show, but if you open immage in a new tab it shows.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-01-31 21:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The wikia images have some sorta embedding blocker, so use messages not from there next time, Chanti :)
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-31 21:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Wuk Lamat, MSQ NPC for Dawntrail and the first of the promissed Hrothgar females.
I do like that design more than Miqo'te, but still not something that gets me excited to try X|V again.
By Pantafernando 2024-02-01 01:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Above a cat, there is a dog
By Pantafernando 2024-02-01 01:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what Darwin said
By Draylo 2024-02-01 05:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Griselda was a fun watch but I feel it ended too quick. Really surprised with Sofia, she was almost unrecognizable and I can't stand the character she plays in everything but she did good in this
By Pantafernando 2024-02-01 07:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think ive pretty much made my decision to accept the new job.

Because i cant help but start feeling relieved thinking i can start anew, being a random generic employee instead of the main responsible for every single problem that happens.

Sure, that life was never dull, it was extremely challenging for my current capacity, and i was the big guy of it with highest permissions in terms of system in the company. But also, i was becoming a jack of all trades there. Never a master of anything.

Now the new company that i think i will move to is the very definition of big company. While my current team is only 8 people to take care of everything, in the new company only this recruitment campaign they hired 90, leave alone the people who was already there and outsourced employees.

Its another scale, it will kinda impossible to have the same degree of highlight with hundred of people around, but on the other hand, surely less responsabilities and stress. Also, as i dont need to respond for every single thing, maybe now i can invest in being good in what i want to be good: programming. And with a large team, maybe i can have some experience thats unlikely to have in majority of companies out there.

In the end, money isnt everything. I would be happily give up part of my money for more quality of life before, so im happy to give up the money now if i can finally become a professional developer
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-02-01 08:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Above a cat, there is a dog
A surprising lack of dog-hybrid races in media.

Let's petition Yoshida to incorporate Mawgs into X|V (since I know we'd never get a new race in XI anyway). They'll of course make them male-only at the start, but eventually add female Mawgs in a later expansion.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22529 22530 22531 ... 22706 22707 22708