Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22528 22529 22530 ... 22706 22707 22708
By Viciouss 2024-01-30 11:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I like how Star Ocean gives freedom for you to explore all the side content at anything, and rewarding some gear/abilities that will give the player an edge against the enemies.

Problem is… they really went overboard on that this time.

Im fairly early in game, and im already at lv120 because i can afk lv plus use duping for a item that makes tnl = 1exp.

Im also holding a sword that never misses and an armor that makes me invincible at the cost of drained HP

What also isnt a problem because I also have a technique that deals dmg while healing me.

Even for travelling they gave you a FF7 black chocobo-like minus travel over ocean.

It would be nice if exploring side content could reward a little boost, but exploring it simply breaks the game.

Well, i guess i only need to care now is with story from now on

Which game are you on now?

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Man this month is packed.

-Helldivers 2
-Last Epoch
-Persona 3 Remake
-Nightingale
-FF7 Rebirth

Really considering Persona 3 to get me through the month.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-01-30 13:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm replaying my way through Shining Force 1 and 2.

Just finished up Shining Force 1 the other day.

I like how in the first game the player enters the game world via reading a magical story book with a little elven girl.

But in the second game they enter the game world because a witch traps them in a dark forest.
By Draylo 2024-01-30 18:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

All my pre orders becoming ready at once is a nightmare
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-30 23:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really much of an achievement these days, but it's still a huge boost to my DT and hybrid sets.

I even grinded some CP tonight, which is something I've been putting off for absolutely no good reason at all. My gear isn't even all that bad, so it went really smooth. I really wish Burst Affinity had a shorter recast, because damn was it satisfying to chunk those Apex Crabs like 50% health with a SC-Burst combo.

Made me really want to build a stronger set for Chant du Cygne, since I've been pretty hard-focused on Savage Blade since I got my Naegling.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-01-31 01:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I like how Star Ocean gives freedom for you to explore all the side content at anything, and rewarding some gear/abilities that will give the player an edge against the enemies.

Problem is… they really went overboard on that this time.

Im fairly early in game, and im already at lv120 because i can afk lv plus use duping for a item that makes tnl = 1exp.

Im also holding a sword that never misses and an armor that makes me invincible at the cost of drained HP

What also isnt a problem because I also have a technique that deals dmg while healing me.

Even for travelling they gave you a FF7 black chocobo-like minus travel over ocean.

It would be nice if exploring side content could reward a little boost, but exploring it simply breaks the game.

Well, i guess i only need to care now is with story from now on

Which game are you on now?

Second story atm.

Asura.Vyre said: »

Where are my ML?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-01-31 02:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
It's not really much of an achievement these days, but it's still a huge boost to my DT and hybrid sets.

I even grinded some CP tonight, which is something I've been putting off for absolutely no good reason at all. My gear isn't even all that bad, so it went really smooth. I realy wish Burst Affinity had a shorter recast, because damn was it satisfying to chunk those Apex Crabs like 50% health with a SC-Burst combo.

Made me really want to build a stronger set for Chant du Cygne, since I've been pretty hard-focused on Savage Blade since I got my Naegling.
Congratties! :D
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-01-31 06:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This is so *** good

https://www.tsunamods.com/echo-s-7/
By Pantafernando 2024-01-31 06:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Everytime i see in manga someone eating ramen, i feel the urge to ask yakisoba
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-31 10:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did V2N Ambuscade and got 600 Hallmarks. I thought the campaign only doubled the number of Hallmarks once per day, not tripled. If I knew it was triple, I probably would've been doing this more often.

(And no, I didn't have an Abdhaljs Seal up)
By Pantafernando 2024-01-31 11:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, do v1VD
By Pantafernando 2024-01-31 11:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do it !
By Pantafernando 2024-01-31 11:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

(May Bee)
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-01-31 11:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »

Just finished up Shining Force 1 the other day.

I like how in the first game the player enters the game world via reading a magical story book with a little elven girl.

But in the second game they enter the game world because a witch traps them in a dark forest.

I fall for trying to overpower Kiwi

Every. Single. Time.
And I'll do it again next time <3
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-31 12:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Please, do v1VD
I have done it, but only because there were folks around to pick up the slack left by my only halfway-decent gear. This time with the V2N, I was the carry.

Just weird that my friend and I both got 600 Hallmarks when V2N should only give 200. I can't find any literature mentioning triple rewards anywhere.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 12:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

https://twitter.com/Palworld_EN/status/1752753619429163190

Wow, who would've thought that if you make a game people want to play instead of focusing on politics and "your vision" you'll get massive sales.

Just weird that my friend and I both got 600 Hallmarks when V2N should only give 200. I can't find any literature mentioning triple rewards anywhere.

Newly Added: Ambuscade Point Bonus Campaign

Hallmarks and badges of gallantry will yield double the normal amount once per day when participating in each Ambuscade difficulty level.
* This bonus stacks with the effects of the Abdhaljs seal item to yield a total of four times the normal amount.

SE's description isn't quite right since a seal normally triples the hallmarks but anyway.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-31 12:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Newly Added: Ambuscade Point Bonus Campaign

Hallmarks and badges of gallantry will yield double the normal amount once per day when participating in each Ambuscade difficulty level.
* This bonus stacks with the effects of the Abdhaljs seal item to yield a total of four times the normal amount.

SE's description isn't quite right since a seal normally triples the hallmarks but anyway.
I'm aware of the campaign. But as you quoted, it's supposed to be double, not triple. Why did I get 600 from a V2N and not 400? Volume 2 Normal is supposed to be 200. Double 200 would be 400, not 600.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 12:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-31 14:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

To reiterate: This was my "first win of the day", which the campaign is supposed to double. Neither me nor my friend had an Abdhaljs Seal active. We both got 600 points from a 200-point win.

Unless what you're trying to say is that the campaign bonus is supposed to be tripled "like an Abdhaljs Seal", but that isn't even what's being implied - not by Square-Enix, not by BG-Wiki, and not by yourself. And even if that were the case, I'd hope you would have tried to better explain the mistranslation that no one else has done to date, instead of just quoting yourself.

Even when I re-re-read what you quoted, that sentence simply implies that combining the bonuses shouldn't be quadrupled, but rather sextupled. It has nothing to do with what I said at all.
By Pantafernando 2024-01-31 14:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

V2 isnt even worth arguing over it tbf
By Pantafernando 2024-01-31 14:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been watching a 50+ mins long video about rule 34.

Thats quite interesting background of the backstage of digital arts.

I also checked the site to see if it had some FFXI content.

It impressed me how much there was
By Pantafernando 2024-01-31 14:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are too degenerate to allow that
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 14:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

To reiterate: This was my "first win of the day", which the campaign is supposed to double. Neither me nor my friend had an Abdhaljs Seal active. We both got 600 points from a 200-point win.

Unless what you're trying to say is that the campaign bonus is supposed to be tripled "like an Abdhaljs Seal", but that isn't even what's being implied - not by Square-Enix, not by BG-Wiki, and not by yourself. And even if that were the case, I'd hope you would have tried to better explain the mistranslation that no one else has done to date, instead of just quoting yourself.

Even when I re-re-read what you quoted, that sentence simply implies that combining the bonuses shouldn't be quadrupled, but rather sextupled. It has nothing to do with what I said at all.

It isn't complicated and I'm not sure what the disconnect here is. The campaign gives you the equivalent of a free seal per volume per day. A seal triples your hallmarks. You got triple hallmarks because you had a seal effect active from the campaign. The reason a seal gives 3x and not SE's stated 2x is because they aren't added the way they're writing it as:

Base 1.0 + seal 2.0 = 3.0 + seal2 2.0 = 5.0
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-31 14:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The campaign gives you the equivalent of a free seal per volume per day. (...) The reason a seal gives 3x and not SE's stated 2x is because they aren't added the way they're writing it as
Thank you for clarifying. I had no idea that's how the seals worked, and I had no idea that's how the campaign worked.

That's not described as such anywhere at all, so I hope you understand my confusion. Both BG-Wiki and FFXIclopedia still simply describe the seals as tripling one's rewards. Someone ought to rewrite some of those descriptions.

They aren't tripling your rewards, they're giving you the rewards two additional times. And then the campaign is giving you that same effect.

Another one of those cases of me wishing I understood what was going on sooner so I could take greater advantage of it...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 14:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Seals are individually tripling the rewards though, it brings you from 1.0 to 3.0. The distinction in how it was applied didn't matter until now because the bonus campaign didn't exist and the only other bonus to Ambu currency was the Gallantry campaign which does just multiply the final result by 2 (i.e. 4500 from a seal on V1VD gives 9000 with the double gallantry bonus campaign) because it is not just applied as a Seal. So BG Wiki writing it as "triples your Hallmarks and Gallantry" is accurate.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-31 15:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

1 + 1 + 1 = 3 is a true statement. You can describe it as 1(3) = 3 and it's still true. But that latter statement is suddenly false when you throw more into the mix. Any way you stretch it, describing it as a multiplier fails when you consider multiple sources of the same thing.

The bonus isn't 1(3), because if they are the exact same bonus, then combining them multiplicatively would be described as 1(3)(3), which is a 9x bonus. If we wanted to combine them additively, then that could only work if they were both different. 1(2+3) would be accurate, but that isn't the case because both bonuses individually "triple" the rewards.

So the only way to properly describe the bonus so it can be understood as you described it (without having to go through a long-winded explanation every time would be thus:
1 + 1(2) + 1(2) = 5

Neither Abdhaljs Seals nor the campaign are "tripling your rewards", they're "giving you the reward two more times".

That's likely how this bonus has always been applied. And while that distinction didn't matter a month ago, it matters from now on any time this event is active and possibly for additional bonuses in the future.

We've learned new information and should describe it properly.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 15:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Your rewards are tripled per seal. Each seal is individually tripling the amount of base Hallmarks and Gallantry you get. They are not advertised nor described as multiplying the bonus of other seals. It's completely fine to have it written as "triple". Realistically the average person isn't going to read "triples your rewards" and "gives you your rewards three times" (equivalent to "gives you your rewards two extra times"...) as different things and once you have any level of understanding on how the seals are applied it's completely irrelevant how it's written to begin with.

More importantly, if you're that upset over it, wiki is a free thing to sign up for and edit so feel free to do it yourself.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-31 16:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Playstation State of Play prolly gunna have some ff7-2

(And shiney buttcheeks)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Qzvvr_Q8g

Silent Hill 37 but can't get a PE3 (we don't count 3rd birthday) Or a remake. Or remaster. Or anything.
By Viciouss 2024-01-31 16:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Rise of the Ronin's graphics look PS2 era
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-31 16:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't say PS2 but I do wish we'd start getting some next gen titles. Ultimately don't care if the game feels good to play but meh... hard to get excited about what we've seen so far
First Page 2 3 ... 22528 22529 22530 ... 22706 22707 22708