Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22522 22523 22524 ... 22708 22709 22710
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-01-16 09:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

When you can set the odds at whatever you like, 1:1m, 1:100m, why never? Isn't hardly ever good enough?

Every now and then there is a gaming news story about after 10 years someone actually got some 1:10m drop. Isn't an article like that better publicity? Not to mention never is false advertising and illegal.
By Pantafernando 2024-01-16 12:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think acceptable charging real money for a drop instead leaving players to deal with abysmally drop rate.

For example, I would accept pay idk $5 to increase the odds for a Omen body or shinryu armor drop to like 1/5 till the first drop.
By Pantafernando 2024-01-16 13:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I just watched a video about simulation theory.

I guess its kinda predictable that for the past years ive been questioning the reality, as we can only know reality through our cognitive process. Thus, if your cognitive process is flawed, that means your entire reality isnt real.

I also have been believing what life is, and whats soul, can be pretty much associate with memories: suppose something happens in your memories, and you lost everything. Youre pratically restarting as nee human being. Or suppose someone implant memories that youre a thief. Then you would be more likely to keep favoring the continuity of your supposed being instead of denying it. As such, i also believe if your entire memory were stored in a HD and reinserted in another human being, then in theory you would feel like nothing happened.

After so much sci fi stuffs, i guess gonna watch some dogs movies to relax
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-01-16 14:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-01-16 15:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Man-I-hope-Hewison-is-doing-OK.-Haven't-seen-him-post-in-almost-2-years-now.
By Pantafernando 2024-01-16 17:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang… now that im in the last leg of trials of mana that i discover that there is a mod to play with the princesses with their birth cloak
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-16 22:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

(Finally getting through some of Wings of the Goddess...)

Just as I'm dealing with waist-high snow in real life, I get buried in waist-high snow in-game. Art is really imitating life this time.

Couldn't help but pause and laugh :3
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-01-16 22:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
if your cognitive process is flawed, that means your entire reality isnt real
I believe what would follow from the premise of "your cognitive process is flawed" is the conclusion that our perception of reality is flawed/has limitations, not that it's "entirely isn't real".

Denying reality wholesale leads to more problems than it solves.

As such, i also believe if your entire memory were stored in a HD and reinserted in another human being, then in theory you would feel like nothing happened.
So, if I understood you correctly: if my memories are stored digitally, then after my death they're implanted in another human (even if genetically identical), I'll be alive again?
I think it'll just be another human continuing their life based on my own. I'll still be dead. I believe each person has their own own "essence" that's more than just memories (and genetic makeup), that's responsible for their unique subjective conscious experience.
By Draylo 2024-01-16 22:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

snow day

and my order came in

[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-01-17 06:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope the homies been good.

Enjoying thailand with the wife and kid. Will be back next week

Grandparents absolutely adore my daughter while the foods been amazing like always

Shame I gotta go back next week to shitty nyc
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-17 07:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Iroha event being rerun in XIV. Still use her gear to this day on SAM
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-01-17 09:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Iroha event being rerun in XIV. Still use her gear to this day on SAM
Its a nice set. I think the red usagi kabuto is the best head piece for it.
By Pantafernando 2024-01-17 15:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with something some people mention that dogs actually have very high intelligence in the relationship sense. As its a specie that lives in a group, they tend to be zealous and care a lot with others, they really makes their best to maintain partnership with both dogs and humans, as seem many times how much they try to make up when they feel they did something that pisses their owner. They are quickly to expose their belly as a sign of peace and repetence, despite the sense of guilty must be foreign to dogs. But their intelligence knows they must do something to repair relations.

Thats true to many breed of dogs but some dont work like that. Like pinschers. Many of this breed dont seems to care at all with their owners. They are quick to try to intimidate and bite their owners. Husky is another dangerous specie. I had one once, and I know you simply cant trust them most of time. While generally they arent aggressive per se, but if something dont go the way they want, they dont hesitate to intimidate and bite owners and others.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2024-01-17 16:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, trying to rank up in Crystalline Conflict is such a shitshow right now. I just want my super edgy glowing weapons, damn it! (y'A')y
By Viciouss 2024-01-17 16:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with something some people mention that dogs actually have very high intelligence in the relationship sense. As its a specie that lives in a group, they tend to be zealous and care a lot with others, they really makes their best to maintain partnership with both dogs and humans, as seem many times how much they try to make up when they feel they did something that pisses their owner. They are quickly to expose their belly as a sign of peace and repetence, despite the sense of guilty must be foreign to dogs. But their intelligence knows they must do something to repair relations.

Thats true to many breed of dogs but some dont work like that. Like pinschers. Many of this breed dont seems to care at all with their owners. They are quick to try to intimidate and bite their owners. Husky is another dangerous specie. I had one once, and I know you simply cant trust them most of time. While generally they arent aggressive per se, but if something dont go the way they want, they dont hesitate to intimidate and bite owners and others.

Dobermans and Huskies are fine, personality-wise. If they bite people without being prompted, it's because they haven't been well trained. If you want to talk about an untrainable breed that will feel superior to its owner, look no further than the Scottish Terrier.

Oh but the Scotty is a beloved breed, it was so cute in that Disney movie! Yeah, no it ain't. They take an incredible amount of patience and downright willingness to relinquish authority. Westinghouse Terriers are the same way, just white instead of black. Terriers in general are aggressive, but those two are the most difficult to deal with.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-01-17 17:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »

Dobermans and Huskies are fine, personality-wise. If they bite people without being prompted, it's because they haven't been well trained. If you want to talk about an untrainable breed that will feel superior to its owner, look no further than the Scottish Terrier.

Oh but the Scotty is a beloved breed, it was so cute in that Disney movie! Yeah, no it ain't. They take an incredible amount of patience and downright willingness to relinquish authority. Westinghouse Terriers are the same way, just white instead of black. Terriers in general are aggressive, but those two are the most difficult to deal with.
IMHO it isn't that any of these mentioned dogs are aggressive but all of them test boundaries. Huskies and pinschers test the who is the alpha boundary while terriers test the what can I get away with one. Aggression is one testing method but there are so many others.

I prefer 1/2 herding dogs. Personal best was Australian shepherd x Tibetan mastiff.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-17 17:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My big fat Pyrenees is a working/herding dog and my other favorite was my lab/border collie so can confirm that herd dogs are the Ubermensch of dogdom
[+]
By Draylo 2024-01-17 18:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a westie, shes nothing like that but she is very independent and can be aggressive towards other dogs sometimes.
By Pantafernando 2024-01-17 19:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Trials of mana is surely one of the worst recent game ive played: bad story, bad development, bad party comp (those guys are just too dumb, they do everything the enemies want them to do), complete lack of synergy between party members (because you can choose 3 out 6 to make a party, so they programmed independent actions), bad mechanics (the AI controlled members dies early, and i need to deal with bosses solo, in a repeated slash slash dodge pattern), bad character powerups (total lack of game changing abilities), bad party balance (as you can make a custom party, when i went with harem party - guy and 2 girls - i ended with 2 melee and 1 casted, no heals at all. I had to go paladin route to have a measly cure spell), bad voice acting (i never paid a lot of attention to dubs, but this one is so awkward, i feel like AI voice would be better).

It was kinda painful playing it, but then i entered a stage of grinding - grinding seeds for power ups and seeds. Man, i do like grinding. I spent like 3 hours AoEing fodders over and over to get more seeds, and only stopped to sleep.

In the end, im a easy target, i dont need much to be pleased.

I refuse to do a new game on this junk though
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2024-01-17 20:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a cat. she's gotten to the age where she farts on the regular.

so, i didn't know where else to try and think this out or get an answer. 2h dd /sam. zanshin is 25% proc rate. if you add 5% zanshin for 30% activation rate, how do you figure out how much acc+ that is? zanshin gives +35 acc on its proc swing. would it be a curve where the acc+ is higher as your acc go down? was trying to figure it out in my head and it hurt me.

also, hello.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-17 21:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't exact but you'd take your hitrate and apply zanshin % to that, then chance for that zanshin hit to miss, then multiply that % to the amount of acc bonus from Zanshin. The real 'accuracy bonus' of Zanshin is getting that extra swing when you miss sometimes.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-17 22:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have 90% accuracy then Zanshin puts you at 92.25% (give or take the 35 acc bonus, maybe 92.3%). Adding 5 Zanshin would up that to roughly 92.7% acc, again give or take the acc bonus.

If your accuracy is lower, the bonus will be higher, but the answer realistically is: almost nothing, very close to a rounding error.
By Draylo 2024-01-18 01:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the new Samsung worth it
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-18 01:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

yes it is worth it
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-01-18 08:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
yes it is worth it
I been eyeballing their flip... is that what you are talking about?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-01-18 09:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
New samsung what? If you are talking refrigerators no.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-01-18 09:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
New samsung what? If you are talking refrigerators no.
Yeah... Samsung really ought to stick to electronics. From both personal experience and word-of-mouth, every anecdote regarding a Samsung-brand home appliance has been a total nightmare.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-18 09:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, S24 line was announced yesterday. The Flip is good though, has come a long way since the first version and from what I hear the hinge is way better as long as you're not an animal with it.

S24 is pretty cool. 2x better cooling, 30% faster cpu and whatnot. It's almost the same as the S23 otherwise but it includes AI features such as live translation of conversations and photo touch ups. Not a reason to upgrade unless you think you'd use those things often but I think it's neat that it can do full real-time translation on device like some Sci fi movie.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-01-18 12:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, last rambling about Trials of Mana because I had to rush to end my misery on that.

Total playtime of near 20h.

I already said a lot about this game, but gonna be rambling about how ***is the story per se.

Faerie urges the heroes to find the mana stones to prevent the evil forces to find them. But all they manage is to lead the bad guys to the mana stones.

Also, Faerie urge the heroes to hurry to reach the mana stones before the bad guys. But its pointless, the heroes are late in every single mana stone.

The Faerie says to the heroes to find the sanctuary asap. But all they manage to do is to open the portal so the bad guys can enter the sanctuary.

Then Faries hurry the party to protect the Mana Sword. But then she is kidnapped and the heroes need to give up the sword to the bad guys in exchange.

Then Faerie says that the Benevodons gonna be absorbed by the bad guys if the heroes dont defeat all of them. But its pointless, the bad guys manage to absorb Benevedons essence because the heroes defeated all of them.

It would be barely acceptable a plot twist, maybe if Faerie could reveal she was actually working to the bad guys, then there maybe some sense this story could have. But no, the heroes are maybe the dumbest party in all gaming history. They managed to fail every single objective they had, and not only failing but facilitating the bad guys plot.

That reminds one of the major red flag in gaming: everytime your mission is to prevent something, there is a very high chance you will fail miserably.

Its already a cringe cliche
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-01-18 12:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ain't no way the hospital spent the time paper and ink to mail me a bill for $4
First Page 2 3 ... 22522 22523 22524 ... 22708 22709 22710