Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22265 22266 22267 ... 22636 22637 22638
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-30 22:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the earliest signs of insanity is a constant belief that the whole world is wrong and only you have the solutions for it.

I wonder what that implies for those who feel such certainty about virtual worlds?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-08-30 22:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
One of the earliest signs of insanity is a constant belief that the whole world is wrong and only you have the solutions for it.

I wonder what that implies for those who feel such certainty about virtual worlds?

At least with virtual worlds you can get a semi-accurate feel for how the entirety of the world actually functions, so I'd settle for "lesser insanity". On that note, I'd rather have an insane person focused on fixing a virtual world's problems instead of trying to fix reality. These forums are doing the world a favor.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-30 23:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

the yagudo should of kept marching til they made it to sandy!
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-30 23:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

the yagudo should of kept marching til they made it to sandy!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-30 23:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

PURGE THE WORLD IN A STORM OF FEATHERS! ALL GLORY TO THE MANIFEST! PRAISE BE TO TZEE XICU!
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-31 00:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Looking at the comments on this... is there just some Reddit bot army that spams all these videos with crap or are those actual people trying to be funny?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-08-31 02:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Looking at the comments on this... is there just some Reddit bot army that spams all these videos with crap or are those actual people trying to be funny?

I just assume that any online ranking these days is primarily bots, after reading about all the DC/MCU streaming shows that have a female lead and seeing the ratings of those shows.

Key note: I haven't watched any of these so I can't comment on my personal "rating" of these shows, but it is interesting that all of them rank so much lower than any male-lead show.
By Pantafernando 2022-08-31 03:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure some people prepare some bots to spam visualizations, like and comments in whatever forum out there.

Sometimes I receive some messages like "pay X to receive y likes". Some news comments sometimes are purely spammed, like 10x the same content. And views... well, you just need a couple of lines in a python script to refresh a page, or opening multiple tabs with a certain video.
By Pantafernando 2022-08-31 03:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, i started my Xenoblade play, 5h on it, that i spent just farming money and city development very early in game, in the first city.

Dude shitted on his pants for 100k moneys paid for an obscure job while i made the same amount just salvaging in the corner.

I know its too early, but so far, i just feel the customization options very limited. I just had the option to change two slots of accessories. I hope soonish i have the option to grind gear like body, legs, weapons, etc, because that is what i love to do in a rpg. I do noticed an insane amount of consumables available at start. Using consumable is one thing i simply hate because im damn cheap.

We will see
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-31 08:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when Disney first bought Marvel and used a slowed-down, creepy version of "I've got no strings" in the trailer for Age of Ultron? That's all I can think of with this new Pinocchio trailer.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-08-31 12:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The Defenders got up on Foil for the first time in preparation for the 2024 Cup, and damn they look good. Clearly they're running with new foils that keep the hull closer to the water level which should result in more stability and less chance for a bad puff catching them the way that one caught American Magic 2 years ago. I may hate the fact that they're not mounting their Defence in home waters in Auckland...but they're still currently the best sailors in the world, no doubt.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-08-31 14:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not both? Also influences with an army of followers who shitpost on command. Some of those followers can have bots as well.

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
The Defenders got up on Foil for the first time in preparation for the 2024 Cup, and damn they look good. Clearly they're running with new foils that keep the hull closer to the water level which should result in more stability and less chance for a bad puff catching them the way that one caught American Magic 2 years ago. I may hate the fact that they're not mounting their Defence in home waters in Auckland...but they're still currently the best sailors in the world, no doubt.
If you simply move the hull closer to the water you are lowering the center of gravity and the center of pressure by the same amount. Not going to change the odds on a spill. Also a bad gust can change the center of pressure drastically in a moment which is what happened AM.

I think its a new foil design to improve handling in a gust. No idea if the lowering the hull is a side effect or integral to the concept. Even if I could examine the drawings I have lost my calculus and everything north of it including fluid dynamics. /sigh
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-31 18:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL they turned off the comments, makes sense. I don't know if its a reddit bot army thing but its really annoying in my opinion. I rather see bad comments and discussions in the comment section and not mindless bot armies spamming ***.

In other news, She-Hulk has to be the worst marvel series they've done in a very long time. I can't believe how overly political and horrible it is from the first minute..
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-08-31 18:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news, She-Hulk has to be the worst marvel series they've done in a very long time. I can't believe how overly political and horrible it is from the first minute..

Modern media in a nutshell
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-31 20:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, i tried to play XB2 with Bringer of chaos difficulty right from the start, but i just gave up after first boss lv4 anally raping my party with lv8 and 6, aside that there was barely any meaningful tactical choice to make in battle, party blocked to customization and abilities yet to be unlocked.

Only way to actually survive the boss in extreme difficulty in those terms was to overlevel like more 3~4 lvs grinding shots there, whats not difficult, just time consuming and bad use of time.

Moved to normal difficulty , and party barely flinched.

I guess i will stick with normal mode anyway
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-31 20:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

She-Hulk fans have a particular kink.

Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-31 21:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

fur underwear?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-31 21:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

fur underwear?
funderwear?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-31 21:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, it's for under.
By Pantafernando 2022-08-31 21:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
fur underwear?
funderwear?
Fonewear?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-31 22:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i only have my 34 inch monitor here. it's ultrawide screen which is cool, but... it never feels like it's even? straight? it's titled or turned wrong? especially when i try to play league of legends. drives me *** crazy.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-09-01 06:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

..and this is why teams who will be competing in AC37 in Barcelona 2024 were allowed to start sailing their test boats 3 months earlier than teams who sailed in AC36 in Auckland 2021. Experience matters, these foiling monohulls are capable of amazing things, but also extremely difficult to sail. Its a new skill set for many of these very seasoned sailors.

So yesterday, the cross swell seen off Barcelona Marina combined with a sudden rainstorm moving in, and on day friggin' one of sailing the Swiss Team RedBull/Alinghi got a quick lesson in what they're up against- its not just 4 other teams, its learning to sail all over again.

Full story here. (no injuries and apparently only minor damage to the port side foiling arm)
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-09-01 06:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

If you simply move the hull closer to the water you are lowering the center of gravity and the center of pressure by the same amount. Not going to change the odds on a spill. Also a bad gust can change the center of pressure drastically in a moment which is what happened AM.

I think its a new foil design to improve handling in a gust. No idea if the lowering the hull is a side effect or integral to the concept. Even if I could examine the drawings I have lost my calculus and everything north of it including fluid dynamics. /sigh

The foiling arms on this are quite different than the designs seen in 2021- I'm nowhere close enough to understanding even a fraction of the dynamics involved in these monsters (it sounds like you have a much stronger grasp of what's going on!), but I was told that riding closer to the surface of the water reduces the "turbulence" (word used by a grinder, definitely not an engineer!) in the airflow between the keel and the surface of the water.

Regarding the shape of the foils- they definitely appear "flatter" rather than some of the wildly curved designs seen in 2021. I'm also not sure how much the change in venue has to do with that- different currents and wind patterns in Barcelona vs Auckland could factor in as well. Gotta admit- the hidden reasons for the tech have fascinated me since 1983 in this sport, as no team wants to admit anything to the other teams until The Auld Mug is safely in their clubhouse^^
By Draylo 2022-09-01 10:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got these after they were lost in transport for a while. Dying to take a pic of the whole group when I get back. Terrestrial avatars done.

[+]
By Afania 2022-09-01 14:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Its somewhat harder to talk economics without politics.

I don't believe it's ever possible to separate politics from economy in a discussion, since in human society, fighting for power(politics) is all about wealth/resources distribution.

In fact Id go as far as saying any economic theory without considering politics as part of the system is pointless.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
20k student debt relief. Pure economics.

20k student debt relief can never be pure economic no matter how you word it IMO. It's wealth distribution aka politics aka "Biden uses tax payer's money to help poor people in his country so him and his party wins more support before the upcoming election".

Even if Biden is a different guy and that money come from somewhere else(like from school's pocket instead of taxpayer's), it is still wealth distribution aka politics.

(Not saying it's a bad or good move from moral standpoint, just saying what it is.)
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-09-01 17:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The foiling arms on this are quite different than the designs seen in 2021- I'm nowhere close enough to understanding even a fraction of the dynamics involved in these monsters (it sounds like you have a much stronger grasp of what's going on!), but I was told that riding closer to the surface of the water reduces the "turbulence" (word used by a grinder, definitely not an engineer!) in the airflow between the keel and the surface of the water.
Yeah, a grasp is about what I have left.

Engineers, pilots, and sailmakers use the terms turbulent (or chaotic) flow and laminar flow. If the flow is more laminar it would mean lower pressure under the hull helping it stay in place like downforce in a racing car.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2022-09-01 17:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

carby looks like he's seen some things

or one of those annoying bulging eyeball toy dogs

but cute, cg draylo! fenrir is my fave from that, super good job
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-09-01 17:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Engineers, pilots, and sailmakers use the terms turbulent (or chaotic) flow and laminar flow. If the flow is more laminar it would mean lower pressure under the hull helping it stay in place like downforce in a racing car.

Hehe I appreciate the refresher. I'm very sure long ago I knew those terms, but for the past few decades "air flow" for me refers to me talking to students about maintaining it on a bassoon :)
[+]
By Draylo 2022-09-01 19:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
carby looks like he's seen some things

or one of those annoying bulging eyeball toy dogs

but cute, cg draylo! fenrir is my fave from that, super good job

lol thanks. Honestly Carbuncle looks really derpy in game if you look at his face closely lol.

My fav from them is Phoenix, the details shes did on them is incredible. I wish I had better toy photo skills but they look so good in person, im getting one of those photo light boxes to help lol.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22265 22266 22267 ... 22636 22637 22638