Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22264 22265 22266 ... 22635 22636 22637
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-29 21:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The girls of Dragon Ball Z are the best.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-29 21:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There actually are sailor scouts in Dragon ball.

Universe 4... I think. *** are they annoying.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Server: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-08-29 21:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only ever seen one scene of any Dragon Ball move/series. The "Over 9,000" scene.

The only thing I know about the artist is they designed Chrono Trigger and Japanese Dragon Quest art. I'm sure there is so much more, but those are all I can think of. I guess that's really all you have to design and you can cruise on that style for the rest of your life.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-29 21:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching the original release, I saw bits and pieces of the first bit up until the Frieza arc, then watched the Frieza arc religiously, and then got really exhausted from it.

Pretty much everything after that I know from cultural osmosis and Dragon Ball Z Abridged.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-08-29 22:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Pretty much everything after that I know from cultural osmosis and Dragon Ball Z Abridged.

I got all the way to the end of the Cell saga as a kid before losing interest. I keep thinking that I'll get around to watching the Buu saga eventually, but it simply hasn't happened yet. I figured that, at the very least, I'd get to watch the DBZ Abridged version when they got around to it, but of course TFS had to go and quit at the end of the Cell saga.
By Draylo 2022-08-30 02:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a big fan, I collect all the SHfigurarts of DBZ and have seen them all except most of super. The movie is ok but not really excited where they taking it since super
By Pantafernando 2022-08-30 03:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish people could just let the things go…

You dont need to revive a dead body. Instead, make an effort to bring a new life
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-30 03:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting that, while some authors cant bring to a closure their masterpieces (like Berserk, Vagabond, HunterxHunter, One Piece, i guess) others just keep reopening the closure.
By Draylo 2022-08-30 03:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Not everything has to end. I see pros and cons to both.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-30 07:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

People should at least make sure to wrap their story arcs up at the end of each one. No one wins when you end a season on a cliffhanger and then the show gets cancelled or something happens to the creator. Even if you give the story a stark conclusion, you can continue in that universe with those same rules, just maybe with a slightly (or wholly) new focus of characters.

It's one thing if you know in advance that your story is going to be like 4 or 6 seasons long or something. But how many shows just keep going until everyone involved gets super exhausted...
[+]
By mhomho 2022-08-30 08:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No one wins when you end a season on a cliffhanger and then the show gets cancelled or something happens to the creator.

*coughs* World Trigger hiatus *coughs*

I just wanna see Jin wreck stuff with Fujin.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-30 12:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Really missing P&R.
By Draylo 2022-08-30 13:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they continued OA... Hate when they cut series off like that
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-08-30 13:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Other half got a new pupper on the weekend. I knew it was happening, but met him the next day when I got home. Was at a concert on Saturday with my dad and spent the night at my folks' place.

Looks similar to, and semi eerie similar mannerisms to the old papillon cross we had up until last summer. Still haven't slipped up and called him Rocket yet, but I know I'll probably well up if/when I do. (we know it's "when", I'm kidding nobody)
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-08-30 14:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Really missing P&R.

Well, from what I've seen, the way around it is to just post something political and say, "This totally has nothing to do with politics, guys. It's, like, economics or something."
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-08-30 14:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

People should at least make sure to wrap their story arcs up at the end of each one. No one wins when you end a season on a cliffhanger and then the show gets cancelled or something happens to the creator. Even if you give the story a stark conclusion, you can continue in that universe with those same rules, just maybe with a slightly (or wholly) new focus of characters.

It's one thing if you know in advance that your story is going to be like 4 or 6 seasons long or something. But how many shows just keep going until everyone involved gets super exhausted...

To this day I am upset that they never finished Pirates of Dark Water.

+1 cool person point to anyone who has a clue what I'm talking about.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-30 15:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Well, from what I've seen, the way around it is to just post something political and say, "This totally has nothing to do with politics, guys. It's, like, economics or something."
Ironically, the topic of "what constitutes political discussion" has itself become an opinionated mess.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-08-30 16:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Really missing P&R.
Politics and economics are interrelated. No where 1 to 1 though.

Its easy to talk politics without economics. Its somewhat harder to talk economics without politics. The problem is that pure economics leads to economic theory which is sleep inducing.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-30 16:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

"Politics" Doesn't mean political. At least here lol.

You can call anything "politics" if you squint hard enough.

Differentiate an economic statement from the who or the why and the argument about who and how or else it becomes "politics".

Easy example;

20k student debt relief. Pure economics.

Biden gave the poors and illegals 20 grand of my money! Politics.

Same thing. Context matters.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-30 16:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd love to have more political discussion if anyone was open to having their mind changed or had the capability to admit they could possibly be wrong about something. the bad part is that most people reading this are going to think, "I am totally open to having my mind changed and admitting when I'm wrong. Those other people just don't understand and wont admit it.", and that's why it can't work. it's just people slowly getting more mad at each other til it spills into other threads.

maybe make a ffxiah politics discord and people have to agree to leave all discussion there.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-30 16:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

wait why did i type that... DISTRACTION MEME!

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-30 16:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That reminds me of this one...

[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-08-30 17:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

wow. for a trained professional, that aint nothing but a mistake.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-30 18:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

To this day I am upset that they never finished Pirates of Dark Water.

+1 cool person point to anyone who has a clue what I'm talking about.
i say "NOI JETAT" to this day when i'm surprised.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-30 18:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
"Politics" Doesn't mean political. At least here lol.

You can call anything "politics" if you squint hard enough.

Differentiate an economic statement from the who or the why and the argument about who and how or else it becomes "politics".

Easy example;

20k student debt relief. Pure economics.

Biden gave the poors and illegals 20 grand of my money! Politics.

Same thing. Context matters.

Speaking of context, here's a bit related to my statement-

It was a religious comment/discussion, which there's no real good way to talk about outside of that cesspool. I mean we all know it was a cesspool, but it was a cesspool of fellow gamers and its always interesting to me to see the overlap in ideology and belief systems. But I don't wanna push what shouldn't be^^
By Josiahafk 2022-08-30 20:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have leveled up my insanity, starting my 30 hr shifts this week lol

Workplace has a gym so I can just shower on my breaks a couple times each shift, and keep working on my schoolwork on lunches. Win/win
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-08-30 20:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i'd love to have more political discussion if anyone was open to having their mind changed or had the capability to admit they could possibly be wrong about something. the bad part is that most people reading this are going to think, "I am totally open to having my mind changed and admitting when I'm wrong. Those other people just don't understand and wont admit it.", and that's why it can't work. it's just people slowly getting more mad at each other til it spills into other threads.

maybe make a ffxiah politics discord and people have to agree to leave all discussion there.

Yeah, I see your point there. Generally when someone claims to be open-minded I immediately expect the opposite, because they often believe that their open mind led to the conclusion that they made on any given topic. Thus, they associate open-mindedness with their given conclusion, and therefore anyone who comes to a different conclusion must not be open-minded, which ironically is a closed-minded attitude.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-30 21:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

Yeah, I see your point there. Generally when someone claims to be open-minded I immediately expect the opposite, because they often believe that their open mind led to the conclusion that they made on any given topic. Thus, they associate open-mindedness to their given conclusion, and therefore anyone who comes to a different conclusion must not be open-minded, which ironically is a closed-minded attitude.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-30 21:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I see your point there. Generally when someone claims to be open-minded I immediately expect the opposite, because they often believe that their open mind led to the conclusion that they made on any given topic. Thus, they associate open-mindedness with their given conclusion, and therefore anyone who comes to a different conclusion must not be open-minded, which ironically is a closed-minded attitude.
Nobody thinks themselves as close-minded. Just like nobody thinks themselves racist or stupid. Nobody thinks they're the one in the wrong. It's all a matter of perspective, really.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-30 22:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I've made myself want to watch Men in Black again. Thanks a lot, me.
First Page 2 3 ... 22264 22265 22266 ... 22635 22636 22637