Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22010 22011 22012 ... 22715 22716 22717
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-11-22 17:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I haven't seen a lot of critic reviews that love Bebop, it's coming in at a sub five rating. The most they can say is the music is great, which, duh. It's Yoko Kanno.
The best review I saw said there was some great acting that couldn't save the scrip.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-11-22 17:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Paged!!!

[+]
By Viciouss 2021-11-22 17:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone checked out Wheel of Time yet?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-11-22 18:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ****!!!

YouTube Video Placeholder

Blast from the past!!!!
[+]
By Draylo 2021-11-22 18:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Not sure which American horror story of the day is worse. The guy that drove into a crowd with an SUV killing a bunch (at least 5 at current count) of people or the 7-month-along preggers Philadelphia mother that was executed after her own baby shower with one in the head and one in the belly.

If there was a mass school shooting, I would have had America Bingo too.

Or the 80, yes EIGHTY, people robbing big stores? I see the news everyday and its quite weird the crazy ***that keeps going on.

I don't even believe reviewers anymore, its becoming such a scam and just not reliable. I saw Eternals and really enjoyed it yet majority of reviews said it was garbage. Then I finally got around to watching Black Widow and the reviews said the same about that and I enjoyed it too.
By Draylo 2021-11-22 18:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I also find it funny, this guys channel is literally 99% Pokemon and he shits out a video every day about it and gets like 500k+ views. His net worth is like 1m+ or something. Then I saw how theres so many channels that are very similar, only for Pokemon, and its crazy to imagine how much they get for whipping up a 10m video about something you can easily google... capitalism at work!

By alzeerffxi 2021-11-22 23:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Unintentional leak? https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/9676-buy-chrono-cross-remaster-remastered-edition-pc-game-epic-games/
By alzeerffxi 2021-11-22 23:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Has anyone checked out Wheel of Time yet?
Yes quite good but i don’t like the actors ughh
By Pantafernando 2021-11-23 01:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I also find it funny, this guys channel is literally 99% Pokemon and he shits out a video every day about it and gets like 500k+ views. His net worth is like 1m+ or something. Then I saw how theres so many channels that are very similar, only for Pokemon, and its crazy to imagine how much they get for whipping up a 10m video about something you can easily google... capitalism at work!

Visually this game seems awesome. Graphically very similar the other only game I played on Switch Link Awakening.

I wonder if thats like a kit developers use to create that kinda of enviroment/characterization.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-23 02:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I've suddenly become addicted to sound equipment why didn't anyone warn me

Because none of us had your means, my man. Or perhaps motivation. Or either.

Quickly, drown your sorrows in a bubble bath with a glass of champagne.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-23 02:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Youtube channels are partially built on tenure. If you start out making quality stuff and get big, eventually you don't have to try anymore, once you get a steady following. You just pump out anything, and you keep getting viewership.

It's funny because a lot of the views are generated by minors, so they also get like... raised on this and become hooked to Youtubers by nostalgia.

It's kind of crazy, and the same thing is happening on Twitch.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-11-23 02:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I become a big boy youtuber making FFXI videos? I wanna be like him!
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-23 02:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think so. Most younger people think of FFXI like it's a black sheep, from what I can tell.

Ruaumoko got a pretty good channel going. Never would have suspected smoking a pipe shark to have a smooth gravy voice like that, but I'm pretty sure most of his views come from 25+ age range (though only he could really tell you).

Huntin 4 Games also seems to be doing pretty good.

It's sort of a niche that's been filled, I think.

I wish LPs weren't a niche that was already filled. Seeing huge channels like FightinCowboy and stuff not really do their LPs any differently from mine kinda makes me jelly and envy.

Seems like showing your face is a big deal these days too. All these algorithm friendly thumbnails with the fake facial reactions to the title/content. Something something parasocial relationships, something something, prey on your audience's psychology.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-11-23 02:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lol yeah, that ship has sailed. Sadly I stopped doing FFXI videos because it just felt like a waste of time, but I mostly did them for myself and friends anyway. The videos barely get views, but I respect that people are still going at it. For FFXI its mostly out of enjoyment, so of course it won't get any monetary movement whatsoever. I'm glad there's still people doing stuff on youtube out of enjoyment and sharing just to share, not shoving ads down your throat and clickbaiting. I can't blame those people tho, its a hustle that works as we see from that guys Pokemon videos.

Randomly find people speed running or lets play on older games and its more enjoyable than most of those overedited clickbait ones, this persons accent is odd but I like their stuff lol.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-11-23 03:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can make like daily production and master the algorithm, maybe you can get somewhere.

But too niched topic to make a channel over it. Plus smaller playerbase and the danger of being targeted by SE if you suddenly becomes somewhat famous.

That said, recently I saw a youtuber saying he was making a living with his video production despite being below 100k subs, though he nailed to hit 500k~1M views with few videos.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-23 04:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Youtube is still good when it suggests things like this to me for no real reason:

Hulk and Savage Planning 911

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-23 08:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
I don't think so. Most younger people think of FFXI like it's a black sheep, from what I can tell.

Ruaumoko got a pretty good channel going. Never would have suspected smoking a pipe shark to have a smooth gravy voice like that, but I'm pretty sure most of his views come from 25+ age range (though only he could really tell you).

Huntin 4 Games also seems to be doing pretty good.
FFXI is awful to watch. Even when you understand what's going on as a player yourself, it lacks that dynamic look with cooldown gauges jumping up and down and explosions filling the screen. It sadly doesn't make for exciting YouTube content, even when the game itself is fun and has lots of exciting moments as a player.

Ruau and H4G have both smartly cornered the few markets for FFXI videos that can be made. Given that a lot of FFXI can be distilled into written guides, Ruau's videos act almost as an audiobook (read by a guy with a smooth voice) with mostly just supplementary visual cues on the screen and gameplay demonstration. H4G's best videos are where he literally reads through the BradyGames guide book and comments how absurd it is, or he reads patch notes or whatever.

I really need to take some time to make a video guide a la Ruaumoko reading my Beginner How-To Guide with visual cues in the background. (Or at least furnish the guide with screenshots in the meantime >_>;)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-23 09:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

K so my new recommendation for people going for an "affordable luxury" gaming audio setup for all 0 of the people who play FFXI and care about sound quality

Open stage - as the name suggests, feels open because the sound isn't closed in. Really great for games because it can help you pinpoint sound cues and makes the audio feel more true to life. Sacrifices bass and punchiness in the lows though.

Lower cost open stage - Drop + Sennheiser HD6xx + Qudelix 5k Bluetooth/USB amp+dac ($270ish)

Oof cost open stage - Sennheiser HD600 + Qudelix 5k Bluetooth/USB amp+dac ($400ish)

Closed stage - closed back headphones; sacrifices sound stage and that open, more realistic feel in favor of puncher bass, snappier high end. Makes the music feel "closer" to you but less wide. Will accentuate 5hings like explosions and gunfire, can be more immersive in some respects but will have a negative effect on some aspects.

Lower cost closed stage - Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm, can get away without an amp ($140ish)

Lowish cost closed stage - Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 ohm + Qudelix 5k Bluetooth/USB amp+dac ($240ish)

Note on amps: Qudelix is a good all rounder that can drive any of these headphones but won't max them out. Will work with almost any device you hook it up to though and can turn them into "wireless" headphones. A Shiit Magni Heresy + Modi 3 combo can max any of these headphones out but will not be portable and costs $100 more.

In games like Mass Effect and FFXIV I've been enjoying the closed back phones more. But for games like Halo Infinite and Apex, the wider sound stage of open back phones has felt better. YMMV

For microphones, the Antlion Modmic sounded fine to me and the people I tested it with. Could go with a more expensive solution if you want to stream/record youtube content such as a Blue Yeti or something from Rode.

Honestly not sure why I settled for "gaming" branded shot for so long. I never understood the appeal or why people said gaming headsets were dogshit, but now that I've tried out even these entry level hifi offerings, it just makes sense.

For gaming ***like Arctis, Astro, Logitech, and Razer you're paying more for the *** tacked on features like fake surround sound, wireless, docking stations, RGB, etc.; the sound isn't ear piercing, it won't make you die prematurely or have night terrors, but... the clear, crisp and overall just more "useful" audio that I've gotten from these more powerful, well tuned sets of headphones has truly been enlightening. I've heard sounds and instruments in games and songs that I didn't even know were in them. I feel immersed and more on point in games despite not having the *** simulated 7.1 surround (which can be done via software anyway...) because of the pure resolution of the sound.

No I don't have bass that blows my eardrums apart, but I haven't found myself missing it. Turns out I don't need my jaw to rattle every time I fire a Hydra rocket at a Warthog.

There is still some appeal to gaming headsets though. There's something to be said for true wireless, mostly alright sound profiling from, say, the Astro A50s. There's also something to be said for the versatile and very affordable Cloud 2s; as someone who didn't want to spent 100s on audio ***I understand why someone else wouldn't want to spend 100s on audio ***. That being said, if you ever want to treat yourself to a new level of audio enjoyment, giving these entry level "big boy" cans and amps a shot is what I'd call a reasonably sound investment.

Tl:dr headphone good, gaming headset kind of not for the money depending on price bracket
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-11-23 11:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a couple of crazy Russian Coder's Reverse engineering Ragnarok online 2 Gate of the world, the original RO2 before Gravity turning it to a Bad wow clone, It kinda looks like FFXI

https://ymirheim.org/

apparently the composers are from ghost in the shell / Cow boy beepop anime
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-23 11:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of weird to hear someone say the words gorget, vambraces, pauldron, gambison, & cuisses out loud.

So it's not "gore jet". Fancy.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-23 12:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bostaunieux Oubliette.

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-23 12:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It has finally gotten cold enough outside that my PC can no longer counter the temperature by itself.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-23 12:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-23 12:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
It has finally gotten cold enough outside that my PC can no longer counter the temperature by itself.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-23 13:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished taking Puppetmaster to 99. The damage output towards the end was absolutely ridiculous. Even at Lv.68 I went up to fight IT++ Seaboard Vultures and was clearing them all out before the first one respawned. By Lv.98, my little Aurore was literally one-shotting the VT crabs I was fighting (100%-0% with Arcuballista right after Deploy).

I wasn't getting 9000-damage WS's even on my own ranged attacks on Corsair or Ranger. Though that probably says more about me than the jobs lol
(Just realized that it would have been fun to screenshot that)

Now to start collecting gear to take Ninja from 50 to 99. I've been excited for this one. Ninja was always one of those jobs I really wanted to get good at.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-23 13:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
the danger of being targeted by SE if you suddenly becomes somewhat famous.

Unrelated, but a friendly reminder since it's likely been a hot minute since you last did this, if you play anything like me:

Also, since this is a random thoughts thread, my local PD just ended a standoff with an empty house "peacefully". Would have been tough to say the house shot first, I guess.

https://www.ksn.com/news/local/swat-on-scene-of-standoff-in-north-wichita/

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22010 22011 22012 ... 22715 22716 22717