Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22006 22007 22008 ... 22715 22716 22717
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2021-11-17 21:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Bluestacks
The game doesn't run on emulators. Seems to crash immediately after starting up. :/

Look how they massacred my boy. F for Cloud's spiky hair.

Also, they gave a chocobo a Soldier hat. Awesome. That almost makes up for how dirty they did Cloud's hair.
It's not meant to be Cloud's hair; that's one of the default styles in the game. Same with Tifa's. The packs are just the outfits/weapons. Hairstyles will probably come in a later update. I love the Chocobo hat though. There's a Guard Scorpion one too; it looks ridiculous.
There's also a player outfit inspired by Red XIII, and it looks very much like something out of FFXIV. I'd be genuinely surprised if it doesn't make it into the game at some point.

New page!
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-17 21:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yes, please

Anyhoo, @Leon Kasai: Yeah. I see that it's an always-online game. If it was a single player offline it would probably work better. Also, yeah. I saw that it was a Cloud-like skin for players. Hair is still derpy though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-17 22:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that one o' thems Battle Royale games?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-17 22:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

sure do
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-11-17 22:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
got a job offer, 20% over what i'm making now, plus a better supporting department, more PTO, better and cheaper medical with a $5k sign on bonus, so i happy!

time for busy season tears though, soon...
if anyone's interested in the aftermath, i accepted the offer and gave my resignation letter to my HR dept last night. this morning i called my boss to tell him personally that i was leaving (i didn't want him to find out second hand - i choked up almost immediately, he was such a cool guy to work for)

he was 100% devastated, spent an hour on the phone, tells me to please reconsider, we hang up, HR calls right after, i tell them in the nicest way possible that i'm still confident in my decision to leave, not all compensatory reasons but i answer her question in how much the offers were (to hopefully help them in seeing what the market is to help them replace me)

apparently immediately after i hung up with my boss, he contacted both his boss and his boss's boss to fight to keep me

i get a call from HR towards end of day that they're going to match the offer i received (they do not pay this much, so this completely shocked me), promised me that they're legit trying to get people below me to support me, and that my boss has never spoken so well about someone in the many years that she's known him, me leaving is a total blow to the firm, she tells me to sleep on it

i'm not sure how many times i can say no, it's been really breaking me up, i thought the hardest part was sending my resignation letter but that was apparently the easiest - i wanted to end on a good note, but i feel this constant push to keep me is going to make them hate me
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-17 22:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah. i would definitely follow your heart on this one. it's great that they are making this effort, but remember that part of it is them SAYING they are trying to get your more support. if things go south, you end up with a "but look at all we did to keep you" situation. they can use that to apply pressure on you, and honestly you can internalize it and accept things you might not otherwise because they made that effort.

thank your boss, tell him you cherish your time there, but it's time to move on. business is business.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-11-17 22:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

): man that sucks. i mean it's good for you overall, but it sucks to have to feel that way.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-17 22:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm invested in this saga. Now, git that bread!

[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2021-11-18 03:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
yeah. i would definitely follow your heart on this one. it's great that they are making this effort, but remember that part of it is them SAYING they are trying to get your more support. if things go south, you end up with a "but look at all we did to keep you" situation. they can use that to apply pressure on you, and honestly you can internalize it and accept things you might not otherwise because they made that effort.

thank your boss, tell him you cherish your time there, but it's time to move on. business is business.

HI HEVANS

got a job offer, 20% over what i'm making now, plus a better supporting department, more PTO, better and cheaper medical with a $5k sign on bonus, so i happy!

time for busy season tears though, soon...
if anyone's interested in the aftermath, i accepted the offer and gave my resignation letter to my HR dept last night. this morning i called my boss to tell him personally that i was leaving (i didn't want him to find out second hand - i choked up almost immediately, he was such a cool guy to work for)

he was 100% devastated, spent an hour on the phone, tells me to please reconsider, we hang up, HR calls right after, i tell them in the nicest way possible that i'm still confident in my decision to leave, not all compensatory reasons but i answer her question in how much the offers were (to hopefully help them in seeing what the market is to help them replace me)

apparently immediately after i hung up with my boss, he contacted both his boss and his boss's boss to fight to keep me

i get a call from HR towards end of day that they're going to match the offer i received (they do not pay this much, so this completely shocked me), promised me that they're legit trying to get people below me to support me, and that my boss has never spoken so well about someone in the many years that she's known him, me leaving is a total blow to the firm, she tells me to sleep on it

i'm not sure how many times i can say no, it's been really breaking me up, i thought the hardest part was sending my resignation letter but that was apparently the easiest - i wanted to end on a good note, but i feel this constant push to keep me is going to make them hate me

Don't feel bad. If they valued you as much as they're making it out to be, they'd have been paying you more, given you more PTO, better benefits, etc

Be firm in your decision, but be nice and don't burn bridges. Networking is important in careers. My 3 cents.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-18 04:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm ready to start the adventure.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-11-18 04:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the support guys, my work just really has no personal boundaries, the HR lady called me while she was driving her husband home from dialysis, and she had said my boss's boss had just gotten out of surgery where he under anesthesia and that's why it took so long for her to get back to me, apologizing so much

i'm just thinking while she's talking to me, like, how is this making me want to stay, i know i work for public accounting and it sucks by default, but i just want a little work life balance

obviously the new place could be lying through their teeth and it's out of the pan and into the fire, but at this point i'm just so ready to believe lol (insert halflife3 meme)

Edit: fixed brain dead mistake
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-18 05:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoa, blast from the past, Spence! :O!!! Are Zahrah and Magnuss gonna suddenly come out of the wall behind me and revive Linkshell Ni?

Also, Carrotchan, your situation reminds me of all the sweet deals the Navy starts offering around re-enlistment decision time. It sounds to me like you could make more headway by leaving still, because even if you do stay, what are the odds that you'll advance further? How long will they hold it against you that they had to leap through hoops to keep you? How many times will they delay owed raises and other things?

Just power through. You can do it! You've got Spicy-chan at your side!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-11-18 05:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said: »

HI HEVANS

yo bro

*smacks spence in the back of the head and runs out of the room*
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-18 06:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm just so ready to believe lol (insert halo3 meme)

Halflife 3, but your heart was in the right place.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-11-18 07:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm ready to start the adventure.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-11-18 07:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm just so ready to believe lol (insert halo3 meme)

Halflife 3, but your heart was in the right place.
Ack yes, disgraceful, that's what my brain was thinking but I'm not sure where the disconnect happened, I haven't been able to sleep the last 2 nights, I've been so so tired and my brain feels like mush
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-18 08:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not easy handing in a resignation letter, especially if you like those people. Good for you, CC!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-18 08:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thankful I don't need to take any sleep meds yet. If I go to bed with a lot of worries or something, I might dissolve some melatonin under my tongue. But that's about it.

That isn't to say I won't have that issue 10 years from now. I think my mom's insomnia started kicking in around her 40s.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-11-18 09:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
So everything is forced to use American butter /sigh
lolwut? I know almost nobody who buys actual butter...
Margarine is saturated fats. Never use it. Butter and olive oil are both healthier. Even cheap butter.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-18 09:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Margarine is saturated fats. Never use it. Butter and olive oil are both healthier. Even cheap butter.

Not to say margarine is healthier, but butter isn't either. The only healthy fats come from things like nuts.

EDIT: Butter and margarine both add a lot of flavour to food, and they do help to fill you up. In moderation, even the saturated fats aren't that bad. Just trying to squash peoples' fear of margarine ^^;
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-11-18 10:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-18 13:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Its a fun comment but it still doesn't make me want to heal extremes or savages. My curse for liking a job but not being good at it.
I don't think you're wrong, though. Part of any role in any game is assessing the situation and acting accordingly. If letting one teammate fall means the rest of the team has a better chance of emerging victorious, then it's for the best.

In the case of XI/XIV, if you're a White Mage and the Samurai is a bit too enthusiastic with taking enmity, to a point where you'll gain too much enmity or lose too much MP to heal them, it's your judgment call.

That's something I learned as a frequent support player in League of Legends. You can't cure rot, but you can cut it off.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-18 13:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
My issue is, I lock up when things go bad. I can feel it happening too. Its like slow was casted on my brain. I've found that the fights in XIV are like dances yet I always seem to trip on my own feet. I'm not giving myself enough credit though, I can't expect to be good at something if I don't push myself to experience it more and get better at it.
My best friend at the tail end of elementary school had some of the best handwriting I'd ever seen. It was very legible, neat, and consistent, and they were essentially as fast at writing as I was, but mine was always sloppy.

I asked for pointers, and the response I got back was that you should go for the neatness first, and the speed will just come with time as you get more comfortable. But if you start out writing quickly, you never really learn how to write legibly.

My handwriting still sucks, but that advice always stuck with me, and I apply it to other things (such as typing).
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-18 13:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

God damn it all my phone just bricked itself *** great

Deleted its own OS for whatever stupid *** reason, that's an hour of life I'll never get back
By Pantafernando 2021-11-18 13:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

“Pão Cu Manteiga” is just a lame lame joke
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-18 14:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Got lost in a rabbit hole of the internet. Ended up at devil cat girls. Too much internet today.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22006 22007 22008 ... 22715 22716 22717