Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21944 21945 21946 ... 22582 22583 22584
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-10 09:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

(I haven't seen the movie yet)
I think you're right to ask for some answers to those kinds of questions. We're sick of seeing other superhero origins because we're already familiar with those ones. No one's going into Batman not knowing his origin. But a lot of people haven't even heard of Shang Chi, so a bit of background would help.

Cool thing about movies is there are a ton of ways to get information across as well. We can see parts of it in a flashback, but things like staging and character reactions/emotions can convey a lot as well. It still blows my mind how they've got thousands of people working on these movies nowadays, yet they underutilize every tool at their disposal.

I mean, is it really that hard to write a story that doesn't have 80 plot holes?
By Draylo 2021-09-10 10:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely because of the end credits.
By Draylo 2021-09-10 10:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, knights of the old republic remake... my jaw dropped when I saw that. I hope the combat is changed to be like jedi fallen order, I had so much fun with that

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Josiahafk 2021-09-10 11:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It gets hard when you have a 20+ movie lore going back thousands of years muddying things with it all connected Jessica.

I wanted to see how Shang did in China so his countrymen can weigh in but the source comics were so racist that they didn’t allow the movie released there
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-10 11:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL the very first thing you see from Tales of Arise, is the 5 kingdoms.... there was peace until the FIRE NATION ATTACKED.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-10 12:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »
It gets hard when you have a 20+ movie lore going back thousands of years muddying things with it all connected Jessica.
I'm not even talking about Marvel, I'm talking movies in general.

The occasional plot hole is fine, whatever. And I can suspend my disbelief if the rules are established properly. But there are so many instances in these movies with budgets larger than the GDP of some countries that require you to altogether turn your brain off because they couldn't do their job.

Either keep it simple enough to avoid potential plot holes in the first place or take the time to cover your tracks. If your entire story falls apart when the audience asks a simple question, you've failed as a writer.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-09-10 13:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2021-09-10 13:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Josiahafk said: »
I'm not even talking about Marvel, I'm talking movies in general.

The occasional plot hole is fine, whatever. And I can suspend my disbelief if the rules are established properly. But there are so many instances in these movies with budgets larger than the GDP of some countries that require you to altogether turn your brain off because they couldn't do their job.

Either keep it simple enough to avoid potential plot holes in the first place or take the time to cover your tracks. If your entire story falls apart when the audience asks a simple question, you've failed as a writer.

lately a lot of international movies have been doing way better screen writing that the stupid ***that passes off for a movie here in the states.
yes they can be fun, but they require you to just accept it and "turn off brain"
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-09-10 13:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no priority for that in general filmmaking because the mainstream audience doesn’t care about it.

If we had a realistic movie come out with zero plot holes, it likely wouldn’t do as well because movie logic and movie reality is what usually sells, not true reality. people go to see movies and the fantastic

And safe profit is always king in that industry.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-09-10 13:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The only real complaint us they really under explain the 10 rings. It's shang chi and the legend of the 10 rings.
Yeah I was hoping milking that interesting lore was a bigger part of the movie too

Instead it became Shang-chi and the unknown power slider of plot propellant
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2021-09-10 13:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Menomenop

That's what I'm thinking.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-10 13:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The only real complaint us they really under explain the 10 rings. It's shang chi and the legend of the 10 rings.
Yeah I was hoping milking that interesting lore was a bigger part of the movie too

Instead it became Shang-chi and the unknown power slider of plot propellant

Legend of the power to do whatever the plot requires for reasons

It does fit the comic book genre though, superman magically grows new powers whenever it's convenient etc "I never knew he could do that!" "well... he couldn't, until I decided he needed it, now he has it"
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-10 14:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
There is no priority for that in general filmmaking because the mainstream audience doesn’t care about it.

If we had a realistic movie come out with zero plot holes, it likely wouldn’t do as well because movie logic and movie reality is what usually sells, not true reality. people go to see movies and the fantastic

And safe profit is always king in that industry.
I'm not asking for realism, I'm asking for a movie to follow its own previously established rules from start to finish.

Every modern movie seems to have a big twist at the end. That's fine on its own, as long as the twist is something that could be predicted by connecting the dots established in the story. But when that plot twist is due to a complete 180 on the rules themselves, it throws me out of the experience.

I actually didn't mind Michael Bay's 2007 "Transformers" movie because it kept its story and rules relatively simple. Even when it did do silly and cartoony things, it didn't break rules that shattered the plot. Yet I find 2018's "A Quiet Place" absolutely abysmal because the rules which hold the story together are the exact things it also expects you to ignore.

If you're writing a movie and don't want to make it "big brain time", that's fine. Make it a dumb and simple plot. But stop writing all these rules and plot twists if you can't keep things straight.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-10 15:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tired af again…

I need some mithran massage.

Naked
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-09-10 17:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Tired af again…

I need some mithran massage.

Naked
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-10 18:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm sure this has been posted but this guy is a god damn hero. its amazing to watch him get ignored on the OF lmao

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58360-The-STF-does-nothing-and-I-m-going-to-post-every-report-I-file-as-proof.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-10 18:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even original as this topic is just copy paste from a similar topic in japanese forum.

Plus, the suposed “reports” sounds more like him criticizing STF than actually reporting.

Not much to see there.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-11 01:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Eiryl deleted juicy gossip. Now I want to know! How could you!?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-11 01:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Way behind on my uploads for my FFXI LP.

Can't stop thinking about it. The sweet nostalgia has completely taken hold, and when I login to check my FFXIV submarines I forget how to open the XIV menus lol.

I've unlocked every job now, except GEO, DNC, and SCH. I goof'd hard today.

Thought I remembered/could contextualize the responses to Waoud(Raubahn), but I missed the one about reading the forbidden scroll and had to redo the BLU unlock questions. Dangruf Stone... which is what I've been given across all three characters that I've done BLU on.

While I was waiting on the game day I went to unlock COR, thinking it'd be simple to use Thief's Tools/Skeleton Keys/Living Keys to open the door in Arrapago Reef... but THF only 31 and broke every key and wasted my lowbie, no real amount of sparks yet, gil amount. Asked for help in a returnee LS I joined, and one guy was like, "It's right outside Nashmau you don't need a key." but another person said, "Just get the Lamia Fang Key from the ??? in the Mire before the Reef entrance." I was like, "Say what?" And I was quite destroyed that this was a thing that I missed/didn't remember. So COR unlocked. Did PUP unlock same time.

*rubs temples*

After I get everything unlocked, no more recording until I get everything to 50. Then I'll finish up the Magicite rank mission and get the cap break. :) All possible subs will be ready, and I'll continue onwards onto the mountain of progress that awaits lol.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-11 10:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo's worst nightmare :(

[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-09-11 11:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure movie but i know they made a song of it

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-09-12 01:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

By Pantafernando 2021-09-12 07:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

After a 2 weeks break, finally beat Zelda Oracle of Ages.

Most annoying game so far. Zeldas I and II were annoying because of old platform limitation and no sense of QoL at that time, but Ages is annoying just because it wants.

Guess next time is trying to emulate 3DS on PC. If its good, next stop is N64 Zelda games.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-12 11:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So I had insane luck again last night... 1/1 Empress Hairpin... wtf! Decided to try my luck on other NMs, so I went north to La Theine.

Lumbering Lambert just chillin... Purple Belt get!

Fuggit, I'll go get Brown Belt items. Nue pops after first PH kill, no fang, returned later though, 1/2 on Fang this time.

Morbolger had his pop time changed to 2 hours?! Yeehaw! Vine get.

Dodo didn't put out :(

Looped over to Oztroja to see if my luck would rekindle/holdout. Nope. Bounced back between Dodo and Mee Deggi/Quu Domi. 0/2 0/2 0/2 Ooof. That actually brings my Mee Deggi record to 0/47 and Quu Domi to 1/47(cause I saw the drop once while duoing and the other guy got them).
By Pantafernando 2021-09-12 15:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The life's rollercoaster is very true to me.

One happy day/week/month inevitably followed by a disgusting day/week/month.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-12 16:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The (hands-down) strongest person I know has that exact body shape. A lot of actors and models dehydrate themselves to frightening levels so their skin adheres more tightly to their muscle, making them look "well-toned".

Ironically, MCU's Thor looked more true-to-form when he "let himself go".
First Page 2 3 ... 21944 21945 21946 ... 22582 22583 22584