Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21831 21832 21833 ... 22553 22554 22555

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Foxfire 2021-04-06 21:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

alienwares are also horribly overpriced and dell is probably one of the worst re: cust serv.

you might have better luck looking at other computer mfgs if you're seriously considering a new laptop. my rec. is looking at YTers who focus on laptops and decide for yourself from there.

think dave2d is one that i see often.
By Thunderjet 2021-04-06 22:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

LOL
[+]
By Xaander 2021-04-06 22:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderjet said: »

LOL

I still like Sigma, but I do tend to only think back to his x1 and x2 versions lol
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-04-07 01:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope you all had a safe Easter

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-07 01:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a new character to Reisenjima. Talked to the goblin. Paid him 10 silt to hear about the zone. Saw there was a Domain Invasion going on. Had the goblin send me to it. Realized that I was stuck in the Quetzalcoatl battlefield area because I couldn't touch the Ethereal Ingress #7 to warp anywhere as I hadn't touched the first one (or any) as I had just arrived in the zone.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-04-07 02:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL

Did the Megaman X series have a proper ending?

Or the original Rockmam?

I loved so much the X series. The atmosphere and plot was quite interesting.
By Xaander 2021-04-07 03:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

LOL

Did the Megaman X series have a proper ending?

Or the original Rockmam?

I loved so much the X series. The atmosphere and plot was quite interesting.

The last Megaman X game was X8, and it did not have a satisfying ending. The original Megaman series had new games made in recent years: 9, 10, and 11. I stopped after 9, but I think 11 left the possibility open for them to make another sequel. Short answer, Megaman X story gets weak after X4, and the original series is sort of ongoing.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-07 05:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Got a new character to Reisenjima. Talked to the goblin. Paid him 10 silt to hear about the zone. Saw there was a Domain Invasion going on. Had the goblin send me to it. Realized that I was stuck in the Quetzalcoatl battlefield area because I couldn't touch the Ethereal Ingress #7 to warp anywhere as I hadn't touched the first one (or any) as I had just arrived in the zone.

I did that last week. Luckily I had a warp scroll from randomly talking to the moogle by mistake next to the trust npc.
By Pantafernando 2021-04-07 05:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

/yell LTB Warp Cudgel. Reward: 1M
By Draylo 2021-04-07 05:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-07 06:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Random rant that didn't really serve any purpose that I decided to remove. You really didn't miss anything.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-04-07 08:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

@Draylo: That Blue Mage sculpture is amazing! I'd love to have a figurine of my FFXI character(s) up on my shelf. It's one of the few tangible items I'd really want from the game. (Don't get me wrong, I like Shantotto, but not enough to pay hundreds of dollars for a figurine.)

@Aeonova: I've been doing that on and off for a week >_<;
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-07 09:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bought a uninterruptible power supply a few years ago from amazon for £70, never used it. We got a letter about a planned power outage for 2 hours so decided to try it out.

Works well, considering how cheap it was. Nice to have some stored power during a power cut so you can plug stuff in, good for a fridge / freezer / fish tank / whatever / game console. Mine is about the size of an Xboc 360 or so.

Main use of it is to keep your PC running if a power cut happens but useful under other circumstances too during a planned power outage.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-04-07 12:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

We have those at our work because our power dies almost daily. But none of them work and our boss won't pay to replace them XD
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-07 12:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What happened to that good ol mutiny
By RadialArcana 2021-04-07 12:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
We have those at our work because our power dies almost daily. But none of them work and our boss won't pay to replace them XD

"forget" to save your work and lose it all to a power outage, then blame him!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-07 12:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you get an "injection that is currently relevant", krispy kreme doughnuts will give you a free doughnut every day for a year.

First of all:

A company that creates items that are terrible for your health when eaten regularly, are offering to give a free one every single day for a year. That is bad for your health, this is trash food that should be eaten at best rarely.

Secondly:
Homeless people die every single day, suddenly they can give food away for free now but never could before.

Ultimately of course this is disgusting profiteering and free advertising, pretending to be doing good. What they are actually doing is getting people addicted to their garbage and making sure of it by enforcing it into a habit every single day, so after the freebies end you still want them and then become a life long customer (till you die from a heart attack)

Drug dealers did this years ago to kids outside of schools.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/free-krispy-kreme-vaccine-doughnuts-are-really-happening-how-to-get-one-every-single-day/ar-BB1eVxfO
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-04-07 12:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
If you get an "injection that is currently relevant", krispy kreme doughnuts will give you a free doughnut every day for a year.

First of all:

A company that creates items that are terrible for your health when eaten regularly, are offering to give a free one every single day for a year. That is bad for your health, this is trash food that should be eaten at best rarely.

Secondly:
Homeless people die every single day, suddenly they can give food away for free now but never could before.

Ultimately of course this is disgusting profiteering and free advertising, pretending to be doing good. What they are actually doing is getting people addicted to their garbage and making sure of it by enforcing it into a habit every single day, so after the freebies end you still want them and then become a life long customer (till you die from a heart attack)

Drug dealers did this years ago to kids outside of schools.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/free-krispy-kreme-vaccine-doughnuts-are-really-happening-how-to-get-one-every-single-day/ar-BB1eVxfO
I'll just wait for the Dunkin vaccine. Krispy Kreme too sweet anyway. ;)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-04-07 12:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-04-07 12:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
What happened to that good ol mutiny
I wasn't going to bring it up until I knew how the story ended, but sure I'll give an update:
My manager pulled out all the mind games he could in our meeting. He waited until we had the 3 days off for Easter, visually displayed our outstanding work, and opened the meeting with subtle references to mistakes in an effort to make us think this is somehow our fault. This strategy worked on 3 of the 5 designers, leaving just me and the most seasoned designer to stand up for the rest. Unfortunately, as soon as that other designer started butting heads with the boss, he was thrown out of the meeting.

The meeting continued with me not knowing that my manager's strategy worked on the other designers, so when I tried standing up for them, they just sat there with their tails between their legs. At the end of the meeting, my boss sent another email asking everyone how they wanted to contribute their unpaid overtime. But unlike last time where everyone was up in arms, this time they each reacted positively to it. I still haven't responded to the email, but I have printed out my letter of resignation.

I also have a job interview tonight with a competitor company, offering higher wages, better benefits, and the opportunity to work remotely. I have a backup job ready to go even if I don't land this one.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-04-07 13:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
"forget" to save your work and lose it all to a power outage, then blame him!
lol @ the thought of my boss assuming any responsibility

Besides, I lose enough work to the software crashing or overwriting itself as it is :P
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-07 13:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They already give away doughnuts multiple times a day, go in any time they made a fresh batch and you get a freebie.

You're not supposed to actually go get one literally every day. It's up to you to make good choices.

While food is thrown away... that's not a "can be solved by krispy kreme" problem.

They're doing their own thing. They're really just advertising that they've given away free doughnuts for years and now they want some free PR.
By RadialArcana 2021-04-07 13:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That company sucks, you're better off out of it. Good luck with the interview tonight.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-07 13:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They're doing their own thing. They're really just advertising that they've given away free doughnuts for years and now they want some free PR.

They are also trying to get poor people addicted, scummy honestly but such is the way of things.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-04-07 13:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

if someone is susceptible to a junk food addiction but just barely enough so that the $1 price of the item was stopping them, then they should really consid-

-no actually, never mind, that isn't even a thing
By Foxfire 2021-04-07 13:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone with a degree of reasoning can just... not go to krispy kreme every single day.
it's not like the price of a single donut was killing the average person ($.99, iirc). if someone wanted a doughnut a day, they could've gotten it for cheaper than people who drink starbucks every day.

no company is acting in good faith, ever. that's a known fact. obviously this is made for profit, but i doubt the logic goes so far as "we're trying to make you an addict so we can make money on you for life and also kill you quicker".

they're not "enforcing" anything when they make it a choice, lol

besides, doughnuts aren't the only thing people have been incentivized with, just the most prominent one.

hell, americans pre-covid were blowing up the drivethru at dunkin for coffee&donuts every morning. it's hilarious to think this is some evil plot to kill people.
By RadialArcana 2021-04-07 13:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a plot to kill people (I just added that on for lolz since it's junk food), it's a plot to sell doughnuts to poor people and get them conditioned to doing it every day. They are the ones who will be wowed by a free dognut.

This is how they make money, when a company does something "nice" it's for a financial benefit and that's it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-07 13:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no one that doesn't already know that.

And it's just "good business" that got a billion dollars worth of free advertising without doing anything. and then MORE from people bitching about it.

All hail your corporate overlords and get your doughnuts as commanded. (If they were plain doughnuts I'd be in, I don't like my sugarbread covered in sugarwater. Fried dough is already good on it's own.)
By Foxfire 2021-04-07 13:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah sorry to break it to you but krispy kreme literally always gave free doughnuts away as long as you walked in when they had the lit sign, any day of the year

this is a silly hill to be on
First Page 2 3 ... 21831 21832 21833 ... 22553 22554 22555