Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21669 21670 21671 ... 22553 22554 22555
By RadialArcana 2020-05-30 03:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I was watching this guys video, and people are actually excited to pay 24 dollars to get this mount. I'm just curious how people get excited to spend money on a game they pay monthly for something like this? Anyone else ever think that about cash shops?

Is it a dead topic and we've accepted defeat to be paying for this type of stuff?

Most of the people who opposed this quit the game long ago and I was part of the people protesting about it on the official forums, which left the ones that now fully support it. So yes it's a lost cause now, they put out regular cash shop updates that even wow players demanded stop. I think the last time wow added something to the cash shop was 3-4 years ago? FFXIV gets new stuff to buy for stupid amounts of money every few months and they lap it up.

This is the real reason Square loves Yoshida so much, he managed to make a large group of players accept insane levels of monetization. he took it above and beyond levels they thought were possible. With him as the head of the online division, I'm kind of glad ffxi has such an old engine because he simply cannot add this stuff to the game even if he wants to, and he surely would.

From my experience playing f2p games, a cash shop allows sub-standard players (or casuals) to get prestige looking gear that used to only be obtained by elite players, so they love it.

Back in the day I remember the first NA player on my server having a full sky set and he wandered around in his osode and haidate and would get everyone checking and admiring him, now you can use your credit card and get the same thing no matter how terrible you are at the game.

Cash shop stuff in an mmo is basically designer label or the latest apple phone gear irl, people buy it to get prestige from others looking at them. This kind of fluff garbage barely sells in offline games cause there is nobody to show off too.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-30 03:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We live in such a weird timeline. I always thought it was strange that SE started adding stuff that could be content in the games, as cash shop options. Something like Odin horse being a cash shop mount etc, I thought people would resist that. Looking around everywhere in the game, I see people with the cash shop items and mounts running around everywhere. I can understand if people have the extra income and are forced to buy it because its cash shop only, but people are actually excited to spend money and I saw some comments saying "the design is good, so the price is justified." Maybe I'm becoming an old hermit crab.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-30 03:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

These stupid levels of monetization have become normalized in modern players sadly, they don't see anything wrong with it at all. FFXIV now is mostly all players who have become used to micro-transactions from mobile games etc.

You can make people accept almost anything if you do it slowly enough, then it becomes the new normal.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-30 09:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I was watching this guys video, and people are actually excited to pay 24 dollars to get this mount. I'm just curious how people get excited to spend money on a game they pay monthly for something like this? Anyone else ever think that about cash shops?

YouTube Video Placeholder

Is it a dead topic and we've accepted defeat to be paying for this type of stuff?
At least it isn't pay to win.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-30 12:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2020-05-30 17:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
At least it isn't pay to win.
It technically isn't but the story skip to current content and gain so and so level instantly in whatever class you want isn't exactly not pay to win. Luckily its optional. I mean who'd want to play a game when they can just skip everything? (though ARR is a bit mind numbing to go through but they should rework that instead of offering skips)

That said, no judgement here if anyone bought or wants to buy that. its yo money, honey.
They have been planning to do that for awhile, can’t remember the streamline launch date.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-05-31 00:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »
They have been planning to do that for awhile, can’t remember the streamline launch date.
Good.
https://i.imgur.com/n0pmYsl.gif

Actually, Josiah, do you know when the best time to start the Crimson Court and Color of Madness is in Darkest Dungeon?
Around 7:00pm after you finished eating supper but you aren’t too tired. Also 8:00am after morning coffee.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2020-05-31 15:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-31 19:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

From Seattle but I have no idea when. I know the building.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-31 20:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

How sad, I am sure all those donut holders would lay down their lives to save people from a burning fire or hostile situation.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-05-31 20:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruh roh

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2020-05-31 20:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that gift could be bad. Better not check.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-05-31 21:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the best meme I have ever seen
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-31 21:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How sad, I am sure all those donut holders would lay down their lives to save people from a burning fire or hostile situation.
Like that brave cop who hid behind his car at Marjorie Stonman Douglas high school?
By Jetackuu 2020-05-31 21:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

this P&R?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-05-31 21:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, wasn't that a security guard

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-31 23:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
That is the best meme I have ever seen

Have all the [+]s you've given my memes the last few years mean nothing?

[+]
 Asura.Kirasara
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kirasara 2020-06-01 01:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could've played vidya games all weekend. I had to be a responsible adult tonight D:
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-01 03:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP to all the looters and rioters who aren't social distancing, I guess they didn't get hte memo about how they are now all going to die to the corona virus.

Rip undocumented shoppers.

Hilarious to see the media swap from one narrative to another and not skip a beat, literally defending rioters and looters lmao 99% of those people don't even know who the guy who died was, they just needed a new TV or wanted to burn some bins.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-01 03:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
RIP to all the looters and rioters who aren't social distancing, I guess they didn't get hte memo about how they are now all going to die to the corona virus.

Rip undocumented shoppers.

Hilarious to see the media swap from one narrative to another and not skip a beat, literally defending rioters and looters lmao 99% of those people don't even know who the guy who died was, they just needed a new TV or wanted to burn some bins.

Completely agree on all points, its hilarious isn't it? Everyone was shamed for going outside at any point, heckled for not using a mask and now nobody is allowed to say "um looting is bad, you are going about it the wrong way.." to people who probably don't even know his name.

Now all media coverage has shifted and suddenly 0 cares about virus or social distancing. What a joke timeline we live in. You can't say there are some good cops that exist, only that they are ALL "***." You have to lump them all into one group, but you can't do that with looters or anyone else that's deemed sacred. This whole situation is just crazy.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-06-01 04:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21669 21670 21671 ... 22553 22554 22555