Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21444 21445 21446 ... 21450 21451 21452
By Freehugs 2019-01-11 09:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Possibly also had it too high on temp. Be patient, Hugs.
I've literally never used a deep fryer before now. I always bake my stuff. But yeeeeah, I was impatient lol I didn't want to wait for them to take forever in the oven. Now I have to clean the fryer because cheese is all over it on the inside.

[+]
By schizm2 2019-01-11 13:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By schizm2 2019-01-11 13:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

<(O.o)> Terraform the Sahara and it might fix global warming....

I would just to like to see this done for S&G....

By Jetackuu 2019-01-11 16:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a long circlejerk to promote solar/wind energy. In reality we need more nuclear power, entirely abandon coal/oil (for energy production).
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-01-11 16:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a long circlejerk to promote solar/wind energy. In reality we need more nuclear power, entirely abandon coal/oil (for energy production).
At least Asia has figured this out... even China of all places is shifting this way
By Freehugs 2019-01-11 18:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon! Don't spend too much on the ff7 banner! You gotta get your spikeyboi to 7*!
[+]
By schizm2 2019-01-11 19:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This...

Algae

Algae grows quickly and has many properties that make it an ideal biodiesel fuel source. It has a higher heat content than corn or sugar, and can be used to make several different types of fuel. Its versatility and effectiveness could make it a top contender for replacing fossil fuels one day, but there’s still a lot of work and research to be done before that time comes.

http://www.innovationmanagement.se/2017/07/31/the-5-most-innovative-renewable-energy-sources/
By schizm2 2019-01-11 20:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By schizm2 2019-01-11 20:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

By clearlyamule 2019-01-11 20:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

biofuels are some of the biggest health hazards in energy.
By schizm2 2019-01-11 20:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

By schizm2 2019-01-11 20:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
biofuels are some of the biggest health hazards in energy.

True, but solar and wind does seem to be the better alternative...

But I stand by solar because of things like this...the 2003 black out of New York...

By schizm2 2019-01-11 20:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

By clearlyamule 2019-01-11 21:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I stand by nuclear. Sure it sounds bad when it's bad but the sheer energy created makes it actually less when you scale other sources up. Plus aint no one building Gen II plants no more... or even regular gen III
By Jetackuu 2019-01-11 21:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Coal releases more radiation by sheer mass burned. Build a few new nuclear plants and we'd have energy to spare.

Solar is great to reduce load on the grid during the day, in a distributed fashion, not as "solar plants" those are just dumb.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-01-11 23:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The most efficient solar plants are like half natural gas plants lol
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2019-01-12 08:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Freehugs said: »
Leon! Don't spend too much on the ff7 banner! You gotta get your spikeyboi to 7*!
I spent no lapis on this banner. :I
[+]
By schizm2 2019-01-12 10:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as power, I wasn't talking about power plants, I was more looking at it as the individual being more active in their own usage.

When I owned some property up in Caribou Maine, there used to be an airforce base there, my property was right on the outer edge. The state had to send me paperwork on how they build a track upstream from my property and how they removed nuclear warheads that may have leaked (taking a guess at 1980's).

With HLW and nuclear plant waste which is worse, I can't imagine having waste that lasts for centuries. Even in Zion, Illinois, I think it took them 10 years to finally close the nuclear plant and remove the waste. We do have another plant by me, I fish in their cooling lakes because even it's 10'F outside, the lake is over 70'F and there's bass in there.

I did have a bunch of solar panels, they are small but they are used for automobiles when they get shipped to port from over seas and it keeps their batteries charged. While these don't use the cigarette light slot but behind the glove box to connect, they are pretty good.

Months ago, I got a Kill-a-watt plug to track different outlets and how much power I was using. Use three panels with a SLA battery and solar panel controller from harbor freight and I am able to charge my laptop, phones, radio, run clocks and other small electronics without batteries. And this was from crap usually thrown away, even the solar panels but those even new are like $14.

This project was more of getting to know power usage when on a sail boat because you have to be self-dependent.

So in my view, free energy and having it all set up in my bedroom for less than $100, I can't say it's bad. I am able to hook up a aquarium pump and some hoses to water plants and lights. May have to hook up a few more panels but this will self power my garden til I plant them outside.
By Freehugs 2019-01-12 11:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
I spent no lapis on this banner. :I
Grats! I only got one Barret and a manboob Cait Sith. Trying to save up for Xenogears banner.

Its snowing~ weee!
[+]
By schizm2 2019-01-12 18:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

By schizm2 2019-01-13 09:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

By Freehugs 2019-01-13 16:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By schizm2 2019-01-13 18:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone watch that show 'Revolution' by JJ?

It looked interesting, I think I saw a few episodes but wondering if it was worth watching.

I really only caught it near the end of a series with them being in the bar after arriving.
By Freehugs 2019-01-13 21:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

schizm2 said: »
Did anyone watch that show 'Revolution' by JJ?

It looked interesting, I think I saw a few episodes but wondering if it was worth watching.

I really only caught it near the end of a series with them being in the bar after arriving.
Is that the one where the power went out all over the world? I watched a few seasons and it was pretty good but they cancelled it.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-01-13 22:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched it until it started getting super weird right after they dropped da bomb. Then I was like eh though had been getting less interesting for a bit
[+]
By Freehugs 2019-01-13 23:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to headshot some zombehs in the RE2 Remake one shot demo! I'm not sure if I can beat it in 30 minutes but the lights are off and headphones are on so I'm goin' in!

Edit: Hugs is scared. Send help. /idles in pause screen
[+]
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2019-01-14 02:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to headshot some zombehs in the RE2 Remake one shot demo! I'm not sure if I can beat it in 30 minutes but the lights are off and headphones are on so I'm goin' in!

Edit: Hugs is scared. Send help. /idles in pause screen
I haven't played it yet but ill be getting the Steam version tonight along with the time limit remover. I am beyond excited
[+]
By Freehugs 2019-01-14 07:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
I haven't played it yet but ill be getting the Steam version tonight along with the time limit remover. I am beyond excited
I really enjoyed the demo! I played through it twice. (one on my main psn account and once on my sister's) I can't wait until the full release. HUNK and Tofu are in too!

I'm a little sad though. I wish 2 was also remastered like 1 and 0 was. REmake2 is great from what little I played but it feels like a totally new game. I guess there are always the ps1 games to go back to.
[+]
By schizm2 2019-01-14 17:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that the one where the power went out all over the world? I watched a few seasons and it was pretty good but they cancelled it.
clearlyamule said: »
I watched it until it started getting super weird right after they dropped da bomb. Then I was like eh though had been getting less interesting for a bit

I never quite got JJ's stuff. That's why I was nervous about the Star Trek/Star Wars directing jobs.

While I think he gets good ideas, maybe they are just rushed or super hyped. I never got into 'Lost' and I do have the first season but only got through a few episodes and then said screw it. If he would of a made a 2 hour movie with all the ideas it probably would of been better than a series that just dragged on.

Revolution was the one where the power went out.

IMO, I would of just liked the idea of the power goes out, people try to get along and explore the world trying to build a new world, maybe something like steam punk machines.
By schizm2 2019-01-14 17:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I think about it, make the movie like they build trains and technology in cities but rest of the world like mad max.

Have the power go out due to the planet going off axis and maybe have something like the moon started spinning again and causes something like an EMP from solar flares that makes the world not have electrical machines but mechanical.

Could probably throw in some computers like a AI that needs to destroy the moon so they can survive but it would kill life so we are battling them to stop them.

BTW- Wouldn't make the movie like that weird steam punkish movie, 'Mortal Engines' that came out with walking cities and ***. I would aim more towards Terminator 3/Dark City/Children of Men (but not the ending, that raping *** cult *** the movie up for me) and maybe 2012 where the planet just falls apart.
First Page 2 3 ... 21444 21445 21446 ... 21450 21451 21452