Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20754 20755 20756 ... 22713 22714 22715
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-03-15 18:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Koe no Katachi/A Silent voice got me crying.

So good
10/10 do recommend
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-03-15 19:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-15 20:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By volkom 2017-03-15 20:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-16 03:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
that was an interesting read, and yeh, I dont like Cleric Stance as well. lol

Mechanically, I'm okay with it. I hate what it's done to the healer community as a whole in XIV.
Mmm. Even if they didn't have Cleric's Stance, they'd just make the healing checks more difficult, and you'd still have scrub-chan healers everywhere.

Personally I find the attitude of, "I'm a healer, I should be healing and only healing." a bit absurd. Like do those people have their friends come and do their job mission for them(I mean they can't, but hey, you have to kill stuff to progress)? I mean in XI, yeah, healers mainly heal, but they got melee skill and job specific melee weaponskills as well as offensive spells lol. Only reason they don't DD is cause of the gear restrictions/different mechanics in regards to TP feed/way monster skills work etc.

I mean, furthermore, taking Cleric's Stance out of the game pretty much negates the point of regens and shields(outside of raid), because there's no point in proactively healing if you're just going to be spamming the heal button anyway.

Healer DPS is good enough that you can run an expert dungeon with 1 tank and 3 healers, and still finish in under 18 minutes. With normal setup you can finish in under 14 if the healer is healing proactively and DPSing nearly full time. Like, I ain't one to shout down a lazy healer, cause a lot of healer mains like to alt-tab, and I get that, but if they take away my speedie runs that I do with my friends, I'm gonna be majorly butthurt.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-16 04:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Also a thought springing off of that, you could probably take WAR or DRK with 3 ASTs and run it at about the same speed as a normal setup, since you could pre-stage 1 minute balances and extend them to 85 seconds or whatever, so the first two pulls get wrecked lol. Then you got individual buffs going out at all times, no need for weak AOE ones. Just gotta coordinate who buffs who/which AST is the main DPS focus and which AST is the main heal focus.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-16 07:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

3 asts 1 tank you would still want AoE balances, you'd just end up losing a lot of the extended one in the running time between pulls, and 4 people buffed 10% is better than 1 buffed by 20 when you won't be active the full duration. I always go for AoE or buffed over time extended on trash pulls because unless dps is really slow a lot of it is wasted. If you bank too much on 1 person they'd probably end up tp/mp dry before stuff dies as well.

You also wouldn't want a heal focus but rather just have one who keeps regen up then rotate essential dignities so only ever dropping clerics a couple seconds at a time. The one exception I can think of is the first pull in wall where you have the archer pot shotting people, other than that 3 dignities to play with should cover if the tank mitigates well enough.

This assumes of course the asts are dpsing and not doing the tab out between regens thing.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-16 08:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

On the cleric stance talk
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-03-16 08:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Still on the feel train from yesterday
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-16 08:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm always a proponent of player optimization and DPSing as a healer is one of those aspects. However I won't also begrudge someone for not DPSing on a healer. In my mind, the minimal goal post a healer has to reach is ensuring party health. I can also appreciate that this is a fairly small metric to make once ilvl hits a certain point due to the finite nature of HPS requirements versus the infinite nature of DPS.

With that being said, a healer who's well geared but only heals and is partnered with a tank that is equally as well geared most certainly won't get my commend either, heh.

Asura.Ina said: »
the entire conjurers quest line revolved around how it's important doing more than just heal[/u] is just an elaborate way of saying "I'm lazy"

I will admit, I always found this particular argument of the pro-DPS side fairly weak because she was encouraged to use more than just her healing spells so she wouldn't die. A player who plays healer who doesn't use their DPS abilities wouldn't die unless we're talking about hard enrages - but if your group is dying to hard enrages in savage raiding and the group has appropriate ilvl, well, there are other issues to talk to as well and not only healer DPS.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-16 08:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking about the player participation the questline no to the npc, if people are talking about the npcs case I certainly agree it's a weak argument. I think the first time you actually do any healing in it is the lv15 quest, for the most part it's about you mastering the elements in conjunction with healing rather than healing. The lv15 and 25 quests had npcs to heal on the stuff you fought but even then they did so little damage that it took forever for the npcs to kill them without you dpsing as well.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-16 08:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was talking about the player participation the questline no to the npc, if people are talking about the npcs case I certainly agree it's a weak argument. I think the first time you actually do any healing in it is the lv15 quest, for the most part it's about you mastering the elements in conjunction with healing rather than healing. The lv15 and 25 quests had npcs to heal on the stuff you fought but even then they did so little damage that it took forever for the npcs to kill them without you dpsing as well.

Yeah, I can agree with that. Most of the time when people the CNJ quest line they quote this:

And then state "How to be a bad healer" without realizing the context of why it's bad for Sylphie to be "only healing" - it's going to kill her if she keeps doing what she's doing.
 Asura.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Asura.Valmur 2017-03-16 09:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I like stoning/aero/holying on whm, if 3 regens/bene/tetra isn't enough then tough.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-16 09:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say I'd kick someone over it unless there were other factors, it just irks me when people aren't pressing buttons. Which isn't limited to healers, half the time when you see someone doing really low dps it's because they're just auto attacking a few times between WS for some reason and not pressing their buttons.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-16 09:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Relevant.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-16 10:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say I'd kick someone over it unless there were other factors, it just irks me when people aren't pressing buttons. Which isn't limited to healers, half the time when you see someone doing really low dps it's because they're just auto attacking a few times between WS for some reason and not pressing their buttons.

This actually reminds me of a time where I pulled hate on the first boss in Gubal HM as MCH. WAR tank ran in with Deliverance and I guess he's so used to Terrible DPS that he wasn't expecting a savage-tier MCH to rip hit off them as soon as Wildfire went off >>; We both silently adjusted our rotations though (he started in Defiance for initial hate and I put my Quelling a bit later in my rotation so its up during Wildfire) and we had no enmity issues in the following two bosses.

It actually amazes me how poorly the vast majority of the player base plays >>; It's not uncommon for me on MCH to be doing 45-55% DPS contribution on the entire dungeon during the 3.4 arc.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-03-16 10:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This actually reminds me of a time where I pulled hate on the first boss in Gubal HM as MCH. WAR tank ran in with Deliverance and I guess he's so used to Terrible DPS that he wasn't expecting a savage-tier MCH to rip hit off them as soon as Wildfire went off >>; We both silently adjusted our rotations though (he started in Defiance for initial hate and I put my Quelling a bit later in my rotation so its up during Wildfire) and we had no enmity issues in the following two bosses.

It actually amazes me how poorly the vast majority of the player base plays >>; It's not uncommon for me on MCH to be doing 45-55% DPS contribution on the entire dungeon during the 3.4 arc.
Tanks/DPS who silently adjust their openers after stuff like that are my heroes. <3

Then I come in on NIN and decide to say screw it to Shadewalker and proceed to rip hate off the tank because I'm a nice person.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-03-16 10:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quelling is love and life... The reason is that there is nothing in the game but savage that really requires people do much damage, even the extreme primals are really light on dps checks. On top of that since there is nothing in game to tell you how much damage you are doing people just don't know their damage is low and often assume things live forever "because df people suck". There is also the odd time where things are slow and people comment on how fast it's going and I'm all /awkwardpenguin

I guess you can technically use stone sky sea to check your dps in game since someone figured out the exact hp amounts for the A8S one but still.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20754 20755 20756 ... 22713 22714 22715