Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20330 20331 20332 ... 22592 22593 22594
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-07 10:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
*Stares at Taskbar*
Origin opened, Steam opened, UPlay opened, not even noon yet... This is going to be an interesting day indeed.

Sounds like me in between feedings on the weekend.
Mostly I'm playing TF|2 and BF1 occasionally I hop over to Steam/Uplay for a bit of Assassin's Creed, Skyrim and Talos.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-07 10:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Phft, get on my level, ***.

DUUUUUDE I had this.

I remember when the goop that came with it dried out, I just switched to using the ooze from my Ninja Turtles!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-07 11:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't have the Ghostbusters Fire House.

But I did have!

Also:

[+]
 Asura.Vienner
Server: Asura
By Asura.Vienner 2016-12-07 11:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My parents gave me this a foldable Barbie house. I rarely played with it, I used my barbies for experimenting mainly lol.
Mom prolly still has it somewhere on the attic waiting for my daughter.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-07 11:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
I used my barbies for experimenting
Science?... or....?
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-12-07 11:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

female anatomy....so....science yes!
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-07 11:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I totally look at all the stuff I look at all day for science too... totally... yes... science...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-07 11:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Yeah I totally look at all the stuff I look at all day for science too... totally... yes... science...
Just because it's "research" doesn't mean it's automatically science!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-07 12:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

*iceskates through the thread*
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2016-12-07 12:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

*falls*
edit:

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-07 13:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay Nikki Benz did an FF15 thing guys.

It is not great.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-07 13:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So PewDiePie will be deleting his channel "soon", and there's actually a legitimate reason for it. He currently is sitting at 49,822,834 subscribers, and will be deleting his channel once he crosses the 50,000,000 subscriber mark.

For a short example, two videos both have 2 million views, the first has 200,000 subs, and the other, PewDiePie's, has 50 million. Both make the same amount of revenue per view, but only the first will be displayed on the front page of trending videos.

The reason is Google's current algorithm for displaying videos on the front page. YouTube is promoting channels based on percentage of "audience engagement" (subs to comments & likes ratio), which means his videos are getting turned down by the algorithm and not showing up on user's feeds.

So, by having 50 million subscribers, and the fact that only 4% of his subscribers watch his videos now, it is actually killing his channel slowly. As time goes on, the analytics show that he is getting less revenue the more he works and puts out videos, and because he almost has a zero percent chance of being shown on the front page anymore, he has far less of a chance of bringing in new, active subscribers. So in the end, he'll make less money by having 50 million subscribers.

I think it's a brave move, regardless what you think about him. I know almost no one here likes his channel, but still, deleting 6 years of your life's work in hopes to starting something new, and hopefully better for you in the end, is a bold and risky move.

He's a smart guy, and taking a risk, but it's probably not a risk at all. He'll have a brand new channel, with a huge spike in subscribers following his movement, which will land his videos on the front page. That will attract everyone who is "where did his channel go?" and resubscribe, while also bringing in new people who aren't subscribed or some how don't know who he is, who were just browsing the front page.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-07 13:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully the new subs he gets will be more active for him.

I made like 2 really shitty youtube gaming videos, and instantly realized it is way more work than I thought it was.

It's not easy to see but I am sure he busts his *** to keep his content pumping out, so yeah big ups and best of luck to him.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-07 13:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Is he changing his stupid name?

I've never even watched one of his videos because I refuse to watch anything labeled "By PewDiePie."
By Ramyrez 2016-12-07 13:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Followed by

Nikki Benz

Mmmhmm...
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-07 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

it would be smart of him to do, having both would bring in more money, but I think he kinda wants to make a statement. He might be financially secure at this point to be okay with making that choice, as he donates a few hundred thousand a year to charity.

Ramyrez said: »

I've never even watched one of his videos because I refuse to watch anything labeled "By PewDiePie."
He hasn't said anything about a new name yet. I doubt it as that is his brand name, and makes him money even outside of videos.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-07 14:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
What he should really do is just make a new channel and exclusively upload on it. That way his old channel will keep making him revenue as well.

He would be drawn and quartered.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-07 14:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
it would be smart of him to do, having both would bring in more money, but I think he kinda wants to make a statement. He might be financially secure at this point to be okay with making that choice, as he donates a few hundred thousand a year to charity.

He hasn't said anything about a new name yet. I doubt it as that is his brand name, and makes him money even outside of videos.

I'm sure he won't miss my views then.

I also so very rarely watch anything just because it's on the front page, either, unless it's replaying something I've listened to.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-07 14:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, there are users who know how to actually browse the internet, who subscribe to people they enjoy watching and know how to click the "subscription" link on the left side of the page.

Then there are probably the rest of the userbase, probably 50%-75%, who don't, and aren't even logged in, and just use the front page and click the sidebar.
By Ramyrez 2016-12-07 14:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't hold myself up as some sort of paragon of YouTube knowledge or acumen, honestly. Just more fairly stringently against taking what's force fed to me.

My YouTube use has gone up drastically since they released the YouTube music app. Being able to listen to stuff on my phone has been really nice for stuff that isn't on Spotify.

I don't have the patience to sit and watch a video of >2 minutes most of the time.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-12-07 14:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just more fairly stringently against taking what's force fed to me.
I'm the same :) I hate the front page myself, I don't like a system recommending stuff to me, I like to discover it for myself.

I don't have the patience to sit and watch a video of >2 minutes most of the time.
I'm the opposite on that, I love watching a certain Twitch streamer by the name of LobosJr, and could watch hours and hours, and hours of his videos.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-12-07 14:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm the same :) I hate the front page myself, I don't like a system recommending stuff to me, I like to discover it for myself.
Good King Moogle Kali has decreed!
Find things yourself!
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-07 14:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have small heart attacks when youtube loads without my login.

Like WHERE IS EVERYTHING, WHERE IS EVERYONE. WHY THE *** WOULD I WANT TO LISTEN TO RIHANNA YOUTUBE WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?!?!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-12-07 14:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
What he should really do is just make a new channel and exclusively upload on it. That way his old channel will keep making him revenue as well.

He would be drawn and quartered.

Now that I'd watch!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-07 14:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I like recommendations near the video I'm watching. It can lead me to find songs I never knew existed of the same genre I'm listening to.

Or interesting conspiracy videos documentaries about the same subject I'm watching.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-12-07 14:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Good King Moogle Kali has decreed!
Find things yourself!
I would never have stumbled on "When a Dark Souls virgin plays Bloodborn" without the recommendations though... and that brought me hours of lulz.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2016-12-07 14:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

He's not going to delete his channel. If anything, he is going to delete the fake channel he made, Jack septiceye2.
By Grumpy Cat 2016-12-07 14:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 20330 20331 20332 ... 22592 22593 22594