Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 19518 19519 19520 ... 22711 22712 22713
VIP
By Kalila 2016-06-17 14:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Kalila said: »
By "a thing" I mean, are companies going to have to start implementing hertz limitations for people who have a low tolerance.

They don't have to because this has already been possible since forever. Lowering the framelimit or even going in to your control panel and limiting the display's refresh rate to 60Hz can be done for people who are for one reason or another sensitive to higher framerates (I don't know the scientific reason that would be behind this) while still producing high refresh rate capable hardware.
Oh yea, windows has settings for that. duh. I always forget I just put it at max at day 1 and forget about it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-17 14:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if the owner of said display's can't see the difference, the number is higher and they're tricking themselves into believing that they can.

Like audiophiles who act like they can hear differences in things that scientifically cannot be heard. -.-;

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sometimes rl lags for me.

Yeah. I know that feeling.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-17 14:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

think of it as a curve. the higher you go over 80fps, the less your brain will be able to process as "faster". basically, your brain has diminishing returns.

here have this diagram that was drawn by a very fancy extremely well respected and super important harvard professor and definitely not me while i was having a stroke with a mouse in my hand and MSPaint happened to be open

[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-17 14:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

think of it as a curve. the higher you go over 80fps, the less your brain will be able to process as "faster". basically, your brain has diminishing returns.

here have this diagram that was drawn by a very fancy extremely well respected and super important harvard professor and definitely not me while i was having a stroke with a mouse in my hand and MSPaint happened to be open

That graph looks like it was rendered using a Wii U !
By Ramyrez 2016-06-17 14:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
You can hear a difference though Ramy between quality noise cancelling headphones and bargain ones.

Yeah. You can.

Not what I'm talking about.

I'm a fan of quality sound products.

But like wine tasters, at some point audiophiles are just full of ***.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-06-17 14:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I can taste 30 different layers of ketchup the average person can only taste 2 !
By Ramyrez 2016-06-17 14:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
You can hear a difference though Ramy between quality noise cancelling headphones and bargain ones.

Yeah. You can.

Not walk I'm talking about.

I'm a fan of quality sound products.

But like wine tasters, at some point audiophiles are just full of ***.
I'm confused why this bothers you. You see it in every field.

"Foodies appreciate a meal more due to have far more sophisticated palettes"
"Cigar experts appreciate real cigars much more since they can distinguish all the countless flavours much better"

Wine drinkers, the list goes on.

...it bothers me in every field.

Pretentiousness is extremely unbecoming.

See my constant defense of Taco Bell any time someone says "it's not real Mexican/TexMex."

This particular subject just irks me a little more as someone who can tell the difference between different EQ'ing and the like, and who has preferences for types of recordings.

There are things that matter and things that scientifically speaking...do not.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-17 14:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I can taste 30 different layers of ketchup the average person can only taste 2 !

I can tell you when I'm eating Heinz and when I'm not.

But I can't tell you the difference between Hunt's and Sam's Choice White-Label Ketchup.
By fonewear 2016-06-17 14:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be snobby about beer but why ? It's supposed to be enjoyed not analyzed !

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-06-17 15:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically everything about yelp I dislike. If you want to enjoy a meal or a beer just enjoy it. It doesn't matter what some "expert" on Yelp that writes 10,000 reviews thinks !
By Ramyrez 2016-06-17 15:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This particular subject just irks me a little more as someone who can tell the difference between different EQ'ing and the like, and who has preferences for types of recordings.

A good example of this were the mixes of the Metallica album "Death Magnetic."

It was released for Guitar Hero III shortly before it released on shelves, and the versions of the songs for the game were EQ'ed much differently in that, well, they were EQ'ed at all. The final mix had the "loud, noisy, flat" EQ'ing that is so common in digital music. It's what sounds best on shitty stock headphones than come with iPhones, really.

Fans noticed, and were kinda pissed that the album version was so "blah" compared to the Guitar Hero versions of the songs.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-17 15:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be snobby about beer but why ? It's supposed to be enjoyed not analyzed ! It all just tastes like bubbly piss !

same tbh
By Ramyrez 2016-06-17 15:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically everything about yelp I dislike. If you want to enjoy a meal or a beer just enjoy it. It doesn't matter what some "expert" on Yelp that writes 10,000 reviews thinks !

Yelp pisses me off more for all the "waaaaa they wouldn't make me a Vegan/organic/non-GMO/gluten-free burrito at Mike's Raw Meat And Beer Shack! Rate down! 0/10 will not do again!"

I could be snobby about beer but why ? It's supposed to be enjoyed not analyzed !

I mean, I won't pay hard-earned money for bottom-barrel beer anymore, but that's just as much the luxury of being in a good place in life as anything, I guess. Yuengling and Labatt Blue Light are about the lowest I'll go.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-17 15:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's the thing. Beer. Music. Whatever.

There's always a difference between low, moderate, and high qualities.

But once you hit a certain point, as Proth said...diminishing returns.

Is there a huge difference between Vladimir, Stoli, and Grey Goose, respectively?

Yes.

Is there a difference between a $35 Grey Goose and a $200 premium small batch vodka?

Maybe. But the taste difference between $12 and $35 was far, far, far greater than the miniscule difference between $35 and $200.

When it comes to some things, though (specifically, the audiophiles)...your body cannot physically discern the difference. Physics says no.

Your narcissism may say yes, but sooner or later you have to admit the only thing helping you feel good is your own delusions.
By Jetackuu 2016-06-17 15:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Like audiophiles who act like they can hear differences in things that scientifically cannot be heard. -.-;
Elaborate, as I've yet to hear an argument of this nature.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-17 15:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Stripe is horrible.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-06-17 15:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This professor should get an award.
[+]
 Asura.Ezekial
Server: Asura
user: Ezekial
By Asura.Ezekial 2016-06-17 16:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking about playing FFXI again. I have next to no free time, and I remember this game almost destroying my life in the past. I quit before latest expansion, and I remember the reason I quit playing the game was over umbra marrow.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-17 16:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

WHO HOW WHAT WHY IS THERE A HITLER PIKACHUUU
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-17 16:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

/salutes
By Ramyrez 2016-06-17 16:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Red Stripe is horrible.

Also, brewed in Pennsylvania.

Not Jamaica.

As I learned one day sitting on my back porch on the Fourth of July drinking a delicious Jamaican beer...

...brewed minutes from where I was sitting.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-17 16:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Elaborate, as I've yet to hear an argument of this nature.

It's pretty common knowledge among anyone who has done any research that while durability may improve, buying expensive HDMI cables or performing elaborate cable-stringing techniques is not going to improve your listening/viewing experience.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-17 16:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Dammit. It doesn't want to use the video. Go here.

Are expensive HDMI cables worth buying.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-17 16:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Heil pika.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19518 19519 19520 ... 22711 22712 22713