Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 1931 1932 1933 ... 22713 22714 22715
By slipispsycho 2011-09-02 05:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
Insanity.
What is insanity? I find the behaviors deemed by society to be sane, actually insane. We don't act like 'ourselves' we act like the ghost of a human being that society finds acceptable, that is insane.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-02 05:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Personality traits =/= Symptoms >:
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-09-02 05:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Psycho Slip said: »
<_< This is why I watch movies/documentaries.. Not always, but there's sometimes these little bits of perspective I never realized, but always knew.. "Meditation is concentrating the front of the mind on a mundane task so the rest of the mind can find peace" I've always loved to just tinker and mess with things, but I never really knew why.. Even after I've done something 100x, I'll still do it over, and over.. I often think of my mind as a surging violent sea.. It never stops, even when I try to sleep it's just running a million miles an hour thinking.. But I find solace in tinkering.. That line goes far further to make sense than any explanation I've ever heard or try to formulate myself.
In that analogy, my mind is like a sailing ship. I like to ride the waves of people's minds.
By slipispsycho 2011-09-02 05:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Personality traits =/= Symptoms >:
Then we've gone down two different paths.. <.< I'm not speaking of clinical insanity.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-02 05:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Different paths, same destination.
By slipispsycho 2011-09-02 05:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
<_< This is why I watch movies/documentaries.. Not always, but there's sometimes these little bits of perspective I never realized, but always knew.. "Meditation is concentrating the front of the mind on a mundane task so the rest of the mind can find peace" I've always loved to just tinker and mess with things, but I never really knew why.. Even after I've done something 100x, I'll still do it over, and over.. I often think of my mind as a surging violent sea.. It never stops, even when I try to sleep it's just running a million miles an hour thinking.. But I find solace in tinkering.. That line goes far further to make sense than any explanation I've ever heard or try to formulate myself.
In that analogy, my mind is like a sailing ship. I like to ride the waves of people's minds.
I wish I could ride the waves of even mine.. I get thrown about and jarred and shaken.. I can't sleep unless I have something to focus on.. for the last couple of years Star Trek: Voyager has been my real sleeping aid... I can take enough tranquilizers or anti-histamines to knock out a horse, but without something to focus my mind on, I won't sleep. I'll just be left in a drug induced stupor. I know that show so well that I don't even need to see it to know what's going on, which is why I use it.. I can just listen to what's being said, and see it in my mind. Without something to focus on, I can't sleep. If I'm left with only my mind, I can't sleep.. But I'm also nosy and one of those 'have to see what's going on' types, so it has to be something I know intimately, or I'll just keep looking up to see what's going on.
By slipispsycho 2011-09-02 05:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Different paths, same destination.
Not really, there's a difference, you can be insane by society norms, or you can be insane clinically, they're not always the same.. Granted being clinically insane usually means you are also societally (is that a word?) insane, but the reverse is not true. Being societally insane doesn't mean you are usually clinically insane, as mental illness takes greater precedence then just being socially awkward, if that makes sense.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2011-09-02 05:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could ride the waves of even mine.. I get thrown about and jarred and shaken.. I can't sleep unless I have something to focus on.. for the last couple of years Star Trek: Voyager has been my real sleeping aid... I can take enough tranquilizers or anti-histamines to knock out a horse, but without something to focus my mind on, I won't sleep. I'll just be left in a drug induced stupor. I know that show so well that I don't even need to see it to know what's going on, which is why I use it.. I can just listen to what's being said, and see it in my mind. Without something to focus on, I can't sleep. If I'm left with only my mind, I can't sleep.. But I'm also nosy and one of those 'have to see what's going on' types, so it has to be something I know intimately, or I'll just keep looking up to see what's going on.
Rides aren't always pleasant, but they're almost always fun. I like to analyze and think about people that I know. I guess it's because other than when I talk to other people, I don't like to focus on myself. When I do, I have trouble sleeping.
By slipispsycho 2011-09-02 05:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well move here, you can analyze me all you want, but be warned, you're going to need something more than a pleasure yacht :p
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2011-09-02 05:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well move here, you can analyze me all you want, but be warned, you're going to need something more than a pleasure yacht :p
Let me just experience the fleet in real life, then I'll hit you up in one of these!

By slipispsycho 2011-09-02 05:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I pity you :D You're going to end up getting to carry grease.. If you have no idea what I mean, look it up.. Carriers use literally tons of it, and it all has to be carried in barrels up the stairs.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-09-02 05:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me just experience the fleet in real life, then I'll hit you up in one of these!

omg maybe gary busey and tommy lee jones will take over the ship and stephan segal will have to come rescure you!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-09-02 05:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

*noms jack in the box*
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-02 05:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

In the navy...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-02 05:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

All the talks about normality and such are good and I used to do them too. But sometimes being different doesn't make you feel special at all, but just left out.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2011-09-02 05:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I pity you :D You're going to end up getting to carry grease.. If you have no idea what I mean, look it up.. Carriers use literally tons of it, and it all has to be carried in barrels up the stairs.
I'm sure I'll have to do a lot of shitty jobs during my tenure, but hey, whatever it takes to have a good ship! Plus once I get through nuke school...

Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-09-02 05:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
*noms jack in the box*
ugh this sounds so good right now. evil temptations. D:
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2011-09-02 05:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha said: »
*noms jack in the box*
ugh this sounds so good right now. evil temptations. D:
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-09-02 05:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Try wearing yourself out Slip. Trust me it works, I've been through patches where I had the same problem, too much on my mind and not being able to turn off. However, if you wear yourself out enough you will sleep, active mind or not. Nothing can stop human biology.
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-09-02 05:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
*yawn* too early
-Yawn.- Too late. =/
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-09-02 06:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

lies! it's not too late for at least another 2 hours.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-09-02 06:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
All the talks about normality and such are good and I used to do them too. But sometimes being different doesn't make you feel special at all, but just left out.

most everyone here loves you. get over the left out feeling and appreciate the people who care about you.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-02 06:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I won't go into details and pull out my rl drama-cards, but anyway

Quote:
most everyone here loves you
I'm pretty doubtful about that xD

I wasn't talking about the site anyway, just in general.
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-09-02 06:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The stalkers care. =( (jking...)

/hugs Seha
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-09-02 06:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Well I won't go into details and pull out my rl drama-cards, but anyway

Quote:
most everyone here loves you
I'm pretty doubtful about that xD

I wasn't talking about the site anyway, just in general.

first off, *** everyone who doesn't like you. what's the point of being concerned with those people?

i know you weren't talking about the site. that's why i said appreciate the love you DO get. you gonna sit in the desert and not drink water cause ice sounds better? i know fun here doesn't fill the need that real life does, but you shouldn't feel like an outcast. there is more of us than there are of people who dislike you irl. so they are the outcast for messing with our buddy.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-02 06:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

you gonna sit in the desert and not drink water cause ice sounds better?
ice sucks
By slipispsycho 2011-09-02 06:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
Try wearing yourself out Slip. Trust me it works, I've been through patches where I had the same problem, too much on my mind and not being able to turn off. However, if you wear yourself out enough you will sleep, active mind or not. Nothing can stop human biology.
Done that plenty of times.. I have severe insomnia. Not to discredit what you say like it won't work in most cases, but I've had severe insomnia since before I went through puberty, I've spent years upon years figuring out what works for me.. I'm one of those randoms that throw a wrench in the works so to speak.. The only thing that makes me sleep is a combination of drug/alcohol (including sleeping pills but not limited to) induced sleeps and giving my mind something else to focus on.. If my mind runs free, then I stay awake, but if it focuses on something I know well (it used to be music, but I can't use that one anymore) then I'm able to sleep.

Human biology wouldn't make it cyclical event where I stay up 36-48 hours at a time, and only end up sleeping 3-4 hours in between.. My sleeping patterns, un-aided, don't fall within the norm. It's not a sometime thing, or an average thing for me, it's an every single day thing for me.
First Page 2 3 ... 1931 1932 1933 ... 22713 22714 22715