Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 1907 1908 1909 ... 22712 22713 22714
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-08-31 22:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Yeah yeah, that's great. So did you get the job?!

Nah :/ I called the last two places I'd applied to. One of them said they weren't actually hiring, they just wanted my application on file for later. >.> And the other one said they'd filled the position already. But I'm not done applying yet! I'll get one somewhere!
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-08-31 22:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »

Nah :/ I called the last two places I'd applied to. One of them said they weren't actually hiring, they just wanted my application on file for later. >.> And the other one said they'd filled the position already. But I'm not done applying yet! I'll get one somewhere!

Aw, poop. Well, you'll get one in due time. They're out there, even when it seems like they're not.
[+]
By volkom 2011-08-31 22:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
volkom said: »
Do you think this is worth its own thread?

This has actually crossed my mind in the past five years. Granted my i-tunes collection is really eclectic I still wonder what has happened to rock in itself.

The last thing I really remember classifying as "rock" was Tool, APC, The White Stripes, and The Strokes. The alternative stations have really done nothing for me in the past five years or so. I usually end up on the classic rock stations.

EDIT: Yeay! Art is here! You can get down on a subject like this!
you don't like 101.5 D: ?

I do, but I've been leaning towards 93.7 lately. I think it's Charlie Hodge that pulls me more to 93.7 now. LOL! (And zombie James Brown.)
heh. I like 101.5 96.7 and 93.7 lol. those are the only stations i listen to. and every time a ad comes on i swap between stations
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-08-31 23:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel bad! Kinda wandered off when I was going to play another round of LoL with AHers! Oops. :<
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-31 23:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said: »

That's disappointing. I was really hoping you found something by now. :(

volkom said: »
heh. I like 101.5 96.7 and 93.7 lol. those are the only stations i listen to. and every time a ad comes on i swap between stations

101.5, I'm sick of hearing this...

93.7, I'm sick of hearing this...

Don't get me wrong, I still love both songs. They're just played too much lately on those stations respectively.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-31 23:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha said: »
I feel bad! Kinda wandered off when I was going to play another round of LoL with AHers! Oops. :<

I can get back on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-08-31 23:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I can get back on.
I doubt I'll be playing atm. :3 I plan on having a Transformers marathon here in a bit. :3
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-31 23:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I can get back on.
I doubt I'll be playing atm. :3 I plan on having a Transformers marathon here in a bit. :3

Yeah...I only have an hour before I need to turn in anyhow.
By Artemicion 2011-08-31 23:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you think this is worth its own thread?

This has actually crossed my mind in the past five years. Granted my i-tunes collection is really eclectic I still wonder what has happened to rock in itself.

The last thing I really remember classifying as "rock" was Tool, APC, The White Stripes, and The Strokes. The alternative stations have really done nothing for me in the past five years or so. I usually end up on the classic rock stations.

EDIT: Yeay! Art is here! You can get down on a subject like this!

I'm more or less stuck in nostalgia mode for rock and modern rock. I have a hard time adapting to the notion of new music without finding it to be a mockery of either the genre they aim for or more or less a cheap rip off of an existing artist.

Luckily some members from existing groups branch off and make good stuff, hence why things like APC, Black Light Burns, Puscifer, and Team Sleep exist.
Though most new music in relative terms of being good tends to be very indie and almost acoustic oriented. Which unfortunately is quite limiting in terms of experimentation or self-identity.

For now I have my itunes set on repeat for artists like:
Tool, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails, The Smashing Pumpkins, Deftones, Muse, Gorillaz, Opeth, Orgy, Rammstein, etc.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-08-31 23:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, the radio subject makes me sad. Last year the station that I always listened to was shut down and replaced with some 90's R&B station. Honestly, how many *** more of those do we need? /disgusted

The year before that I won tickets to a concert from them in SF. It was an amazing experience. Small concert for a big band, I'll never forget it!
[+]
By slipispsycho 2011-08-31 23:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I can get back on.
What spurred that on?
By Artemicion 2011-08-31 23:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing to remember is music comes and goes.
Good music remains timeless, even if only in your mind.
My range of awesomeness can stretch back as far as the late 60s to the late 2000s, and even almost now-ish.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-08-31 23:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

idk i quit listening to the radio bout 3 years ago.. litteraly listend to it for 3 hours and it all sounded like the same cookie cutter emo *** crap band. litteraly sounded like the station played the same song on repeate for 3hours. music has basicly lost its soul <i know bad pun> in this country. all ive listend to since is classic rock like led zepplin, pink floyd, bob segar, rolling stones ect and alot of japanese music. <High and Mighty Color is my fav band ever... sucks they broke up tho :(>

edited cuz friggin web brpwser glitched and posted in middle of quote lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-08-31 23:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Psycho Slip said: »
I can get back on.
What spurred that on?
Definitely needed the trollface for this comment! :P
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-31 23:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
I'm more or less stuck in nostalgia mode for rock and modern rock. I have a hard time adapting to the notion of new music without finding it to be a mockery of either the genre they aim for or more or less a cheap rip off of an existing artist.

Luckily some members from existing groups branch off and make good stuff, hence why things like APC, Black Light Burns, Puscifer, and Team Sleep exist.
Though most new music in relative terms of being good tends to be very indie and almost acoustic oriented. Which unfortunately is quite limiting in terms of experimentation or self-identity.

I'm finding it hard to appreciate newer music too. I do like some of the indie that's come out lately (I'm still in LOVE with Devendra Banhart.), but I still don't think of more acoustical music as traditional "rock".

I'm very disappointed with the direction Incubus went. I'm not sure how old you are, but do you remember when 'Pardon Me' came out? Actually, if you look at 'Science' or 'Fungus Among Us' you can spot the nose dive they took. :/ Shame on you, Incubus!
By slipispsycho 2011-08-31 23:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I can get back on.
What spurred that on?
Definitely needed the trollface for this comment! :P
Better?
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-08-31 23:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm finding it hard to appreciate newer music too. I do like some of the indie that's come out lately (I'm still in LOVE with Devendra Banhart.), but I still don't think of more acoustical music as traditional "rock".

I'm very disappointed with the direction Incubus went. I'm not sure how old you are, but do you remember when 'Pardon Me' came out? Actually, if you look at 'Science' or 'Fungus Among Us' you can spot the nose dive they took. :/ Shame on you, Incubus!

Haha yeah, though I have to give some degree of respect for artists taking an evolutionary turn with their music. As an artist, it's something you have to change with yourself as a person, otherwise you're just committing to the notion of what fans and record labels alike signed up for. Maynard James Keenan made a perfect example monologue of that in his wine documentary.
I'm gonna see if I can find that video real quick...
By slipispsycho 2011-08-31 23:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 92 pages til 2k.. <_<
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-08-31 23:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

+1
By Markas83 2011-08-31 23:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

wondering why the hell i am bored enough to get caught up in the fake death thread...

...and in b4 2k
By Artemicion 2011-08-31 23:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Found it.

[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-08-31 23:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

and the first post on page 2,000 will be
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-31 23:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we going to start placing bets again?
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-08-31 23:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! Hold on there! Yeah, they've changed. Yeah, they're softer. But they still make AMAZING music. Honestly, it took me back a bit when I heard this new album. First one where I went "what the hell is this?" But after listening to it more, I'm satisfied. Every album is different but none of them lack artistic greatness!

To each their own of course! <3 But it saddens me when I read these things. I guess I'm okay with adapting to change when it comes to music.

[+]
By slipispsycho 2011-08-31 23:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not, I failed miserably on the last one.. Someone who hardly ever posts was one of the top 3 IIRC.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-31 23:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[/spoiler]

Was that a full documentary? I kind of want to see it in its entirety now.

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! Hold on there! Yeah, they've changed. Yeah, they're softer. But they still make AMAZING music. Honestly, it took me back a bit when I heard this new album. First one where I went "what the hell is this?" But after listening to it more, I'm satisfied. Every album is different but none of them lack artistic greatness!

To each their own of course! <3 But it saddens me when I read these things. I guess I'm okay with adapting to change when it comes to music.

I should have specified...After 'Science' is where I believe they started going down hill.

My favorite from 'Science'...

By Artemicion 2011-08-31 23:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I felt the same way about Muse's new album.
Took a much more pop-like mainstream turn, especially in their recent partnership with the Twilight Saga (ugh). But regardless of that they retained their musical talents, their songwriting abilities, and molded it into a general crowd pleaser. It may not appeal to me as directly as their older works have in the past, but they're still Muse, they're still awesome and talented, they still make great music, it's just a direction I may not relate to or appreciate as greatly, but it ends up growing on me over time.

But I guess what disturbed me the most is how The Resistance was a conceptual album aimed at resistance (go figure) to the ideal or concept of (the) New World Order, and to have life and people in general be run by a sense of community rather than systematic organization.

Instead that flew over nearly everyone's heads and they took it mindlessly like screaming TRL fans.
Ironic maybe?

I was disappoint, but I appreciate it for reasons much different than your average fan.

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-31 23:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not, I failed miserably on the last one.. Someone who hardly ever posts was one of the top 3 IIRC.

I think we both failed on that one. :(
By Artemicion 2011-08-31 23:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Also that was a small segment on Maynard's approach to his music making and the direction he's taken his life lately.
The majority of that documentary goes into his wine making process.
It's really enlightening and educational as well as entertaining altogether. I strongly recommend it; especially if you can appreciate wine as much as you appreciate his music.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-08-31 23:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

well, i just finished my last night of ffxi till after october =/

i got dnc to 90 and finished seals for lolwhm hands
First Page 2 3 ... 1907 1908 1909 ... 22712 22713 22714