Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18272 18273 18274 ... 22710 22711 22712
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-06 23:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to alert everyone that I am now 12 whole pages into this 25 page thesis due on Tuesday. I am not sure what the quality is of those few pages I've done since the last post on the subject because the page to alcohol ratio is starting to skew towards alcohol. In other news Root Beer Beer is really good.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-06 23:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fetch quests are very annoying but it also makes sense in a way (for some, like feeding the troops).
By Artemicion 2015-12-06 23:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Also this worries me. Particularly the second tweet.
Put it on multiple blu-ray discs and just release it for digital download on PC and call it a day. Don't give us this episodic *** with multiple releases (read: SKUs).
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-06 23:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

Yeah, I heard that earlier, however I'd rather they give it a good representation than miss half the ***out and make it a complete failure.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-06 23:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

By Draylo 2015-12-06 23:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminds me of .hack and how they split things up. Wonder if it will be similar but there hasn't been anything like this since ps2 days.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Enternius
By Owari Monogatari 2015-12-06 23:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird, I was just talking about how much I wanted to see this game ported to PC.
By Artemicion 2015-12-06 23:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Yeah, I heard that earlier, however I'd rather they give it a good representation than miss half the ***out and make it a complete failure.

I'm hopeful because the primary reasoning behind that is due to how much data the whole thing is gonna take up. Not surprising considering how much underlying content FF7 had within three CDs, putting that into today's standards of graphical and auditory definition would be extraordinarily massive. Not to mention the changes made to combat and cutscenes therein.

However, SE's tendencies don't leave much room for comfort.
By Artemicion 2015-12-06 23:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Owari Monogatari said: »
Weird, I was just talking about how much I wanted to see this game ported to PC.

Yeah, glad to see it make the port list. Now I'm just waiting for more news about the HD remake of FFXII to come into light, and perhaps FFVI's shitty mobile port to make it over as well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-07 00:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
The fact that it was so difficult to try and play keyboard and mouse compared to XI and how I felt I had no choice but to get a controller I refuse to have to use.

This part is just because you didn't set the controls right (for you). Do what Proth said and put on Legacy controls in the config

It changes it a lot
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-12-07 00:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome!
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-12-07 00:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You socialize outside of content or in content that doesn't require 100% of your focus, like dungeons, fates, crafting, questing, etc. It's a lot rarer than in XI, for sure, but it's there. The catch is, is that the party size is restrictive, so you can't do as much with as many people as you could in XI, and that, to me, is XIV's greatest downside.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-07 00:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Vyre sits on everyone
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-07 00:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
The catch is, is that the party size is restrictive, so you can't do as much with as many people as you could in XI, and that, to me, is XIV's greatest downside.

I would like more open world stuff based on Treasure Hunts (similar, not necessarily a map) that requires a lot of people but can be done with less/more

Or based on Hunts (maybe poppable)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-07 00:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
The fact that it was so difficult to try and play keyboard and mouse compared to XI and how I felt I had no choice but to get a controller I refuse to have to use.

This part is just because you didn't set the controls right (for you). Do what Proth said and put on Legacy controls in the config

It changes it a lot

Sure. I will look at it later. I honestly don't like it being harder on myself because I do genuinely try to play. *** the controls though.

Direct talk only works if you don't have to type to move! Great design..

What job do you play? Think I missed that
By Artemicion 2015-12-07 00:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Vyre sits on everyone

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-07 00:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You get an additional combo later but if you want something more active to play then NIN, WAR, DRK, DRG, MNK etc

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-12-07 00:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

TLDR: "I hate XIV cause it is not XI QQ"

:|
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-07 00:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

XIV doesn't really work that way though, you can clear stuff with pretty much any setup as long as it's not savage type content on day one lol

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-12-07 00:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's that jobs aren't severely under or overpowered

Some will be more powerful because they're close range and require more effort but it's not a huuuge gap
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-07 00:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend suprised me with an item I said I wanted so now I glow.

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2015-12-07 01:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say currently( and I say currently because it is apt to change), the most shunned jobs are Astrologian(lower healing output and less versatile healing skills than WHM or SCH) and Machinist(RNG based DPS, high skill low reward). PLD was having some of the same hate since Heavensward, but 1. It had its time in the sun already, and 2. It's seen a resurgence in Thordan Extreme, due to the high amount of physical damage that the boss deals over the course of the fight.

Really though, it's like Drac said, the only time composition(party build i.e. what job you are/bring) will matter is if you get yourself into some sort of hardcore raid group that wants to clear new raid content as soon as it comes out(though even then, it's more about being a solid player/having a solid camaraderie). Also if you play one of the underdogs now, it will inevitably, eventually be buffed. Dragoon's been buffed 3 times since 2.0 hehe.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-12-07 01:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say currently( and I say currently because it is apt to change), the most shunned jobs are Astrologian(lower healing output and less versatile healing skills than WHM or SCH) and Machinist(RNG based DPS, high skill low reward). PLD was having some of the same hate since Heavensward, but 1. It had its time in the sun already, and 2. It's seen a resurgence in Thordan Extreme, due to the high amount of physical damage that the boss deals over the course of the fight.

Really though, it's like Drac said, the only time composition(party build i.e. what job you are/bring) will matter is if you get yourself into some sort of hardcore raid group that wants to clear new raid content as soon as it comes out(though even then, it's more about being a solid player/having a solid camaraderie). Also if you play one of the underdogs now, it will inevitably, eventually be buffed. Dragoon's been buffed 3 times since 2.0 hehe.
That makes me sad, Machinist was the class I was going to try after hitting 60. I doubt I'll raid though so it doesn't really matter how good the class is. One of my friends was telling me that Ninja is pretty bad also. Personally I don't enjoy playing jobs with much of a component based on constantly moving. So like Monk with Flank -> Back over and over is pretty boring to me but I never found a job I liked more so I went with it.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2015-12-07 01:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »

That makes me sad, Machinist was the class I was going to try after hitting 60. I doubt I'll raid though so it doesn't really matter how good the class is. One of my friends was telling me that Ninja is pretty bad also. Personally I don't enjoy playing jobs with much of a component based on constantly moving. So like Monk with Flank -> Back over and over is pretty boring to me but I never found a job I liked more so I went with it.
I wouldn't worry too much. It doesn't really have low DPS, it just takes a higher skill level along with some luck to see high numbers. Plus, the slot for ranged DPS is ever present, since for most big fights people will screw up and the healers will need Manasong(in MCH's case, Bishop Turret!). It also had a buff at some point where they altered some things and made it much better. I haven't really looked at the boards in relation to how it performs now, exactly. I just know that I've seen a few really good ones in Thordan Extreme. I want to try it out myself, but post 50 you get the casting stance(as does bard), and that just makes me shy away. I don't like casting spells very much haha. Though I did dip my toes in SCH/SMN and found them very enjoyable(mainly because a few of the DOTs are instant and your auto attack is hitting the mob with your book).
 Leviathan.Vienne
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vienne 2015-12-07 01:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

2 more days to go...
First Page 2 3 ... 18272 18273 18274 ... 22710 22711 22712