Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17386 17387 17388 ... 22713 22714 22715
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-20 13:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
How is Britain "Technically" not Europe?
Meh, I guess that's a matter of opinion more than a technical thing. I never consider them as European. And now there's talk of a Brexit or w/e it's called and they always have special treatment and exceptions when it comes to EU policies, plus different currency.

Plus they're not connected to the land mass.

So that's how I based my opinion on that matter, and I know many others have a similar view. I just consider them as their own culture whether it's UK, GB, or ENG depending on the context. That's not to say they have no significance on and in Europe, but yeah as I said before.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-05-20 13:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We didn't want the Euro because we knew it was going to be ***, and so it has proven. Personally I`d be happy if the other European countries saw it the way you do, maybe then they'd stop trying to tell us what we can and can't do in our own country.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-20 13:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We didn't want the Euro because we knew it was going to be ***, and so it has proven.
I wouldn't want to share currency with countries like France, Spain, or Greece either. At least your guys are smart enough to do that.

Germany is just being nice and knowing that if they weren't part of the Euro, the whole system would have collapsed at inception.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-20 14:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Biggest problem of Euro is not actually Italy, France or Spain, we were all fine(to a degree). Germany is the issue. Empress Merkel decides everything, we've been all for some reason level synced to their economy and this *** all of our countries. Meanwhile she laughs evilly from the throne of her newly made fourth Reich

"Yes Greece, plead more...soon you'll be assimilated!"
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-05-20 14:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

started using my juicer and I have a ton of vegetable fiber left over...
can anyone help me find a use for this stuff?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-20 14:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Even Serbians aren't very fond of the Euro here. Before the Euro their international currency was the Deutsche Mark and they still treat Deutsche Marks as legitimate currency privately and publicly they still use them to a certain degree.

Same with Bosnia and Montenegro too from what I hear. I'm going to Montenegro in June so if I remember I'll inquire.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-20 14:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

We didn't want the Euro because we knew it was going to be ***, and so it has proven. Personally I`d be happy if the other European countries saw it the way you do, maybe then they'd stop trying to tell us what we can and can't do in our own country.

Since we have a Brit here, what do you think of the Tories trying to pull away from the European Court of Human Rights? Do you think that will be a pragmatic step for Britain overall?
 leo
By leo 2015-05-20 14:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man I learned something new today. Seha has just shown me that a lot of European Union countries are somehow pissed with Germany.

It's the same feeling South and Central America countries have towards United States of America.

It's just that on Venezuela it came to ridiculous levels. XD
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-20 14:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Biggest problem of Euro is not actually Italy, France or Spain, we were all fine(to a degree). Germany is the issue. Empress Merkel decides everything, we've been all for some reason level synced to their economy and this *** all of our countries. Meanwhile she laughs evilly from the throne of her newly made fourth Reich

Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-20 14:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Sweden is known for being confused with Switzerland
It seems Denmark is often confused with the Netherlands or Germany.

Although it was somewhat amusing when I was in the US, and someone was talking about how they had been to Copenhagen, and that the mountains there were beautiful.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-20 14:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
a lot of European Union countries are somehow pissed with Germany.
Yeah, it's been brewing for awhile now too. Even Germans themselves have been protesting the ECB lately.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-20 14:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehh... France isn't one of the problem countries. But generally speaking, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and Spain are considered problematic with regards to economy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-20 14:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe then they'd stop trying to tell us what we can and can't do in our own country.
It's more along the lines of:
If you want the common benefits of being part of the EU (e.g. no trade/transportation barriers, etc.), then you have to accept the common restrictions which that entails.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-20 14:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

She bears a striking resemblance to Emperor Palpatine.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-20 14:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Ehh... France isn't one of the problem countries. But generally speaking, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and Spain are considered problematic with regards to economy.
You are right, for some reason, the French wealthy are sticking around being taxed at rates upwards and exceeding 100% of their income. I'm not sure if they are being generous or idiotic, but either way, it's not a long-term solution. They are already starting to feel the effects of lesser investments....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-20 14:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

..you know, we are talking about politics and economy in RT, not Random P&R where it should belong....
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-05-20 14:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Since we have a Brit here, what do you think of the Tory's trying to pull away from the European Court of Human Rights? Do you think that will be a pragmatic step for Britain overall?
The European Courts are infested with 90 year olds living in the 1500s. They overturn rulings that are designed to protect children because it breaches the Human rights of a pedophile.

We should never have joined the EU in the first place. There was a majority vote against it but Labour went ahead anyway, thinking that because we didn't change currency to the Euro everyone would be fine with it.

Edit: King is right though, we should move this to P&R really.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-20 14:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
a lot of European Union countries are somehow pissed with Germany.
Yeah, it's been brewing for awhile now too. Even Germans themselves have been protesting the ECB lately.

Everyone needs a scapegoat, right? May as well drown the person who pulled you out of the water and into the lifeboat?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-20 14:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mediterranean countries had a later industrial development due to heavily relying on agriculture. The server merge into Germanic European Union hit us the hardest.

Frau Merkel is constantly threatening us to work harder!

edit: even between northern and southern Italy there's a huge disconnect
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-20 14:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

But generally speaking, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and Spain are considered problematic with regards to economy.
Order of soon to fail (or failing):

Greece, Portugal, Italy, Spain. Belgium and France are approaching 100% debt to GDP ratios as well. Belgium is safer atm, but France, /sigh, those French... lol

Even though Italy is higher than Portugal in numbers, Portugal has more factors that place them higher up on the list. Spain while in the 80% range, has massive unemployment problems.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-20 14:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaiserin Merkel?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-20 14:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

To P&R!
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-05-20 14:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
..you know, we are talking about politics and economy in RT, not Random P&R where it should belong....

It came about as a Random Thought so "shut yet trap". <3
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-20 14:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Since we have a Brit here, what do you think of the Tory's trying to pull away from the European Court of Human Rights? Do you think that will be a pragmatic step for Britain overall?
The European Courts are infested with 90 year olds living in the 1500s. They overturn rulings that are designed to protect children because it breaches the Human rights of a pedophile.

We should never have joined the EU in the first place. There was a majority vote against it but Labour went ahead anyway, thinking that because we didn't change currency to the Euro everyone would be fine with it.

Edit: King is right though, we should move this to P&R really.

Yeah, you're right, but it gets very American-centric sometimes.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-20 14:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

It came about as a Random Thought so "shut yet trap". <3
/tactical nukes Brazil.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-20 14:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry Brazil will self-destruct in 3..2..
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-20 14:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Self-destruct with love!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker