Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17341 17342 17343 ... 22711 22712 22713

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-13 20:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

fractalvoid said: »
halp me pick what I should watch. just took a final and am drained so don't wanna play a video game. have a ***ton of anime i just transferred onto my laptop, was thinking:

- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Ghost in the Shell
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- Akira
or
- Howl's Moving Castle

I've seen a few episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho but that was years ago. Barely remember much. Same with Akira. I remember watching it on VHS but I was really really young and likely not paying attention or something.

Other than that, I've seen none of those... I have tons of other movies I've never seen I can watch too.. I just need to pick one lol and I'm indecisive.
Ghost in the Shell.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-05-13 20:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
I'm excited but also terrified for Stephen's new gig in September. Honestly, I felt like he was in his wheelhouse on the Colbert Report and he did take the world by storm. It almost feels like a step down turning his madcap zaniness into a typical late night talk show. I just hope it doesn't force him to clip his balls off like NBC tried to do with Conan.
I thought the same. Jon Stewart is leaving too. Feels like CC is losing their meal tickets. I don't have much interest in their stuff and the occasional Futurama, Drunk History, or stand-up is all I watch on there anymore.
Right?! I used to have my station glued to Comedy Central. This was back in the day though, when they were airing episodes of the golden years of SNL (for me, that's the 90's through the mid 2000's), Kids in the Hall, Strangers with Candy and of course The Daily Show.

I've got hopes for Stewart's replacement, but we need to give him an honest chance. Like Stewart said, Noah was just like him when he was starting out: young, practically inexperienced with hosting shows, but honestly funny and his ear to the rails. Of course, I'd rather that they gave the role to Williams, but it is what it is.

And now it's looking like Samantha Bee has a new talk show on TBS. Let's see how it goes.
[+]
By fractalvoid 2015-05-13 20:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have most of the like sub-movies/series of Ghost in the Shell and Neon Genesis Evangelion so idk where I'd even start with those. lol
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2015-05-13 21:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

halp me pick what I should watch. just took a final and am drained so don't wanna play a video game. have a ***ton of anime i just transferred onto my laptop, was thinking:

- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Ghost in the Shell
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- Akira
or
- Howl's Moving Castle

I've seen a few episodes of Yu Yu Hakusho but that was years ago. Barely remember much. Same with Akira. I remember watching it on VHS but I was really really young and likely not paying attention or something.

Other than that, I've seen none of those... I have tons of other movies I've never seen I can watch too.. I just need to pick one lol and I'm indecisive.

YuYu Hakusho. My #1 favorite anime. It's pure awesome in a box of awesome.
[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-13 21:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow Soraka is super different now.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-05-13 21:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Jon Stewart wasn't the first host of TDS. So it's had a change before but Jon was host for so long. The first guy was host for like 2-3 years.
[+]
By fractalvoid 2015-05-13 21:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I am unbiased towards all those choices, definitely don't have a favourite.

what do you recommend good sir
By fractalvoid 2015-05-13 21:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dreadnot said: »
YuYu Hakusho. My #1 favorite anime. It's pure awesome in a box of awesome.

I used to REALLY love it. I barely remember much. I think I was watching up until the Dark Tournament... or had at least caught some of that. Either way I just know the characters pretty much and have completely forgotten the plot at this point lol
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-05-13 21:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an anime test tomorrow...

It sounds awesome until you have to actually take one.

Well there's live-action stuff too on the test, but it's kinda fun saying "I have an anime test," get some shocked looks.
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2015-05-13 21:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched it on toonami up until the middle of the Dark Tournament when they stopped airing it. a few years later I learned how to torrent and downloaded the series.

Holy ***does it get good. The second half of the dark tournament is amazeballs and it just gets better after that. There is no useless filler like Naruto or Bleach. Just action, plot (real plot, not fanservice plot) and character development.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fractalvoid 2015-05-13 21:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said: »

Well there's live-action stuff too on the test, but it's kinda fun saying "I have an anime test," get some shocked looks.

I had a history test today, and it seems to me that no matter which way I twist it, history sounds worse than an anime test :P goodluck
By fractalvoid 2015-05-13 21:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Josiahkf said: »
I am unbiased towards all those choices, definitely don't have a favourite.

what do you recommend good sir
It was howl's moving castle avatars for both posts Hehhee.

But in all seriousness you should watch this, hilarious new Kickstarter game

YouTube Video Placeholder

Dude I tried to fund Polyball on kickstart and no go. I was so bummed. Hope I don't have to buy it on steam cos it looks really awesome. I'll check out that video in a sec tho. I'm kinda relaxing tonight cos have nothing to do tomorrow for first time in forever it seems like. Getting that exam out of the way was awesome. Sure I did well considering the reactions of some of my classmates lol
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-05-13 21:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Naruto was ____.
a) Too long.
b) An abomination.
c) Bleach.
d) Sorry I have no idea because I have taste and never watched it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-05-13 21:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a history test today, and it seems to me that no matter which way I twist it, history sounds worse than an anime test :P goodluck
Yea but my test is basically half Japanese history too... Like describing Grave of the Fireflies in historical context of the end of the war. And Gundam... Akira... weeeee.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-05-13 21:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

if you've never seen psycho pass, i recommend it.
[+]
By fractalvoid 2015-05-13 21:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but my test is basically half Japanese history too... Like describing Grave of the Fireflies in historical context of the end of the war. And Gundam... Akira... weeeee.

Sounds interesting. What class is that for?

I just had dumb US Society&Law from 1620-1780s or some *** lol. Fulfilled 2 requirements tho so I dealt with it...
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-05-13 21:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The anime aspect of the classes consisted of:

Space Battleship Yamato
Mobile Suit Gundam
Grave of the Fireflies
Akira
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
and The Wind Rises

SO. At least no worries of derp taste... though Yamato was so corny I was laughing half of the time. Maybe I've just been spoiled by the times >_>;
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-05-13 21:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had dumb US Society&Law from 1620-1780s or some *** lol. Fulfilled 2 requirements tho so I dealt with it...
Full title is JPNS 371 Japanese Film and Anime. It focuses on post war film from 1948 to 2013 (Drunken Angel to The Wind Rises) and their reflections on post war Japan. Great class. 10 people dropped when they didn't see Naruto on the syllabus day one.

Not kidding.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2015-05-13 21:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

1. Naruto was ____.
a) Too long.
b) An abomination.
c) Bleach.
d) Sorry I have no idea because I have taste and never watched it.

Naruto is really good when you know what filler episodes to skip. It's not something I would wait weekly to watch an episode, but downloading them in bulk is great.
By fractalvoid 2015-05-13 21:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
if you've never seen psycho pass, i recommend it.

nice I'll check that out.

has anyone seen/read Angel Sanctuary?

I believe I have a few of the mangas somewhere (or maybe not anymore idk. they mite be buried at my moms) and I remember watching an episode of it or something with a friend? Tho I may be getting mixed up.

just wondering thoughts cos it may be good if it just randomly popped in my head lol
By fractalvoid 2015-05-13 21:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Full title is JPNS 371 Japanese Film and Anime. It focuses on post war film from 1948 to 2013 (Drunken Angel to The Wind Rises) and their reflections on post war Japan. Great class. 10 people dropped when they didn't see Naruto on the syllabus day one.

Not kidding.

That class sounds really cool, definitely something I'd take. *** those kids tho lol...

ironically, my class was HIS371 lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-05-13 21:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick: how many guys in your class have ponytails?
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-05-13 21:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Quick: how many guys in your class have ponytails?
I think...

Like...

Three or so, now that you mention it >_>
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-05-13 21:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is that?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]