Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17320 17321 17322 ... 22710 22711 22712

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-11 18:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Terraka said: »
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Writing poetry as a teemager eeeep, that must have been.... Affirming lol
I write poetry still, some of it is actually pretty good, most of it not so much... it helped me explore my own ideas and mind and express them I appreciate it very much for that aspect. I had one guy in my HS come up to me because I published them in the school newspaper and told me he'd cut out several and put them on his wall and thought they were amazing. He ended up getting valedictorian 2 years behind me in class, and his wasn't the only compliment I got so yah in that aspect maybe it was affirming :) I haven't wrote or read as fervently as I did back then for many years unfortunately which is why I am attempting to get back into it. Something tells me writing forum posts doesn't really count.

I don't mind but I want to read some of yours too.

Here is probably my most popular one I wrote in High School:

I'd like to read some of your poetry if you don't mind. :D

I don't write poetry too much, though I have written some; I enjoy writing stories, though like you, I've grown away from writing, life just gets in the way.

Work, school, children time just gets away from you and by the end of the day, I don't know about you, but I just want to fall right into bed and pass out. lol

I don't mind but I want to read some of yours too.

Here is one that I wrote in High School I think many liked the most of mine:

Here is one I wrote 5 years ago that I got some kind words for:

I haven't really written much more recently I wish to share. Hope you enjoy it.

Very nice. :) I did enjoy them, but I doubt you'll enjoy what I do, it's mostly romance short stories and I know not many men are into that type of genre, but I'll give it a shot.

This is part of a romance short story of mine, I call it the prologue, so if you don't read it, that's understandable lol.

I don't have many poems, but this one I wrote back in high school for some class project, I can't remember details lol.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-11 18:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So many things make more sense now.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-11 18:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like if someone believes things or not doesn't really matter to me
While I don't care(beyond pshilosophical dissertion)what others believe in; the way they conjure and apply said beliefs matter to me. Cause I can't deal with someone who isn't capable of making connections by himself and just swallows whatever he's been told. Could be a good guy and all, but if he is so limited that doesn't have his own ideas I just can't respect them.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2015-05-11 19:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

*rolls around on the floor*

too much chinese food

must roll away the stuffedness
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-05-11 19:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiah Monstruo said: »
Yeah exclusively spiritual music only and E rated games until I was 18, even though they were very poor and I bought everything I had myself /shrug. A lot of spyro the dragoon and gran turismo lol

I dare not ever share literature from my youth though, I was a very angry little dumb delinquent shitbird and it's not quality lol
No Mario?
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-11 19:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Josiahfk said: »
In high school I was tired of the shallow pointless behaviour of the young and intransigence regarding the youth from the non young staff so I just looked up all the hardest classes that would get me set up for all serious paths in life and skipped everything else, opting to run a short order kitchen since I looked 19+ and loved cooking and then manager of a walmart shoes department lol

So grade twelve for example was working full time and pre-calculus and calculus plus English literature and English composition and physics biology and chemistry, skipping everything else Elective wise.

I knew if I graduated *** laude with those classes I'd have no trouble doing anything later in life etc. non-social get in get out mindset. Sure it's tiring but it was "a good intro to seriously tiring real life **** when I become an adult." Etc

And I got to play with my band in L.A once (far less cool than it sounds) so I was fine with settling down and going into the mindset of a 30 year old as I turned 20 lol. "I lived enough craziness"

My major classes I took in high school were AP English Lit. and that was such a huge waste of time, the teacher didn't teach us anything; basically told everyone everyday "pretend you're doing something, just don't sleep."

Though, we did read some of the great books in that class, or we were supposed to at least. The Great Gatsby, Frankenstein, The Allegory of the Cave, The Scarlet Letter and those are the only ones I can remember right now.

I took many creative writing and parenting classes and even a Sci-Fi class where we read things like I, Robot, The Invisible Man, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and The Island of Dr. Moreau.

Math and I do not get along so I took the easiest math classes I could take just to get my credits to graduate lol.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-11 19:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

With $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like love.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-11 19:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it's not just actions. Like I said even if you were a good guy doing no harm to the world, if you just can't think for yourself I don't wanna deal with you. That is what I meant. I'm not gonna pretend I don't care 100% about these things cause I do to an extent.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-11 19:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

To summarize P and R:

I don't have time to read it.
Just give me the gist of it, Son.
By fonewear 2015-05-11 19:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless I misunderstand even the way he talks to the head of the household (what was it his uncle or step dad? I never watched much) is disrespectful as he puts himself on even footing, he's also allowed to do what he wants etc. Anyway, even if you convince us that it's not that way, pop culture things are frequently forbidden by strict parents. The list of stuff I couldn't see:
1) Simpsons
2) Beavis and Butthead
3) Most Sitcoms
4) Any horror whatsoever
5) I couldn't watch MTV until I was over 13 years old

Most music was also not allowed, my clothes choices were limited, and I had to do chores after school for half an hour after school every day.

In case you didn't know I"m the official/unofficial Simpsons guy.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-11 19:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You were wrong, I did enjoy them :) Thank you for sharing~ You're very descriptive with your prose, it was actually quite well written.

Why thank you for your kind words and thank you for sharing yours as well. :)

I try to be descriptive without going too overboard. I have other ones, that I wrote when I was much younger so they're most likely not as well written, but what I shared seems to be my best, from what I'm told.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-11 19:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I was allowed to do pretty much anything I wanted growing up. Even then I was never a fan of pop culture. But Fresh Prince and Family Matters were awesome.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-11 19:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going through Bart Gets and Elephant script. Some of the best one liners ever like this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-11 19:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
VIP
By Terraka 2015-05-11 19:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I always loved both English and Math, I wanted to Art but I wasn't good at it. I got ok at it through pure determination though. In College almost all my electives were English based, World Lit I and II were awesome.

I loved English, Science and History. I took classes like Environmental Science and Forensic Science, my school didn't have many extra "fun" history classes, but I still enjoyed it.

I find it weird though because Science and Math usually go hand in hand, right? So one would think that if you're good in one, you'd be good in the other, wrong lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-11 19:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I'm going throught Bart Gets and Elephant script. Some of the best one liners ever like this:

Another great line from that episode:

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2015-05-11 19:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well hot dog we have a "wiener" !