Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17070 17071 17072 ... 22714 22715 22716
By Bloodrose 2015-04-15 17:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

THE FLYING BLACK CHOCOBO SHALL CARRY THE BELIEVERS OF EORZEA TO HIGHER ALTITUDES OF GREATNESS WITH THE NEW CALAMITY!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-04-15 17:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Good drops today.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-15 17:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Good news today.

On Saturday I posted something about 60 bucks being taken out of my account from a series of flash chip transactions - my bank decided to reverse the charges, and reimbursed me today.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-15 17:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-15 17:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, won 3,600 MGP.

Scratch card was weird. Had a 2, 1, and 5 down the middle, 3 in the bottom right corner. So I went with a full unscratched line, and got the highest prize available to me.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-04-15 17:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Also, won 3,600 MGP.

Scratch card was weird. Had a 2, 1, and 5 down the middle, 3 in the bottom right corner. So I went with a full unscratched line, and got the highest prize available to me.
I scratched a 3 in one corner and 1 in the other with my last two scratches, so went for that row.
*** 9 in the middle. >:I
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-15 17:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Good news today.

On Saturday I posted something about 60 bucks being taken out of my account from a series of flash chip transactions - my bank decided to reverse the charges, and reimbursed me today.

Do banks not do this often in Canada/the US? Over here they call you immediately if there's suspicious activity (like trying to buy something to test if the card is working, they tried to buy something for 0 with mine or something lol) :0 If anything is taken they just reimburse it right away

Guessing banks are a bit more annoying to deal with over there?
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-04-15 17:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Also, won 3,600 MGP.

I scratched a 3 in one corner and 1 in the other with my last two scratches, so went for that row.
I just always aim for the 123 if it's a possibility, even if I don't have any scratched in the row if I don't have a 1 2 or 3 unscratched yet.
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-15 17:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Also, won 3,600 MGP.

I just always aim for the 123 if it's a possibility, even if I don't have any scratched in the row if I don't have a 1 2 or 3 unscratched yet.
Same.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-04-15 17:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminded me to do my mini. 10,000! :D
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-15 17:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Good news today.

Do banks not do this often in Canada/the US? Over here they call you immediately if there's suspicious activity (like trying to buy something to test if the card is working, they tried to buy something for 0 with mine or something lol) :0 If anything is taken they just reimburse it right away

Guessing banks are a bit more annoying to deal with over there?

Really depends on the bank. Most are willing to do it, but they have to go through their Fraud Prevention system before anything gets reimbursed. However, my card was lost/taken less than an hour after using the ATM (which does require a pin number entry), so it wasn't taken from that, and the problem was that the money was taken before daily banking business hours, so they couldn't call me for suspicious activity.

There's supposedly a lot more red tape with international banks (TD Canada/Ameritrade is Canada/US based), than localized banking institutions. And nothing could really be done until last Monday, so it's not like it wasn't dealt with in a reasonable time frame.

It's just a bit of good news to have the money back, when there wasn't much hope of it coming through.
By Bloodrose 2015-04-15 17:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Also, won 3,600 MGP.

So much this: But that wasn't a possibility today, so I went with the next best thing based on the numbers I had.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-15 17:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I see

When they tried to use my card it was in the afternoon so the bank noticed it and called me to ask if I was trying to purchase something and since I wasn't they asked if I wanted to cancel my card (obviously) and then reversed the charges since my last use and sent me a new one (which took about a week) :0 I like my bank lol
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-04-15 17:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Roommate texted me.

Trying to figure out wtf this means.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-15 17:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Roommate texted me.

You didn't flush, that's his way of telling you.
By Bloodrose 2015-04-15 17:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I see

When they tried to use my card it was in the afternoon so the bank noticed it and called me to ask if I was trying to purchase something and since I wasn't they asked if I wanted to cancel my card (obviously) and then reversed the charges since my last use and sent me a new one (which took about a week) :0 I like my bank lol
I got a new card immediately since I went directly to the bank as soon as it opened, hoping someone had turned it in. No one had, I checked my account activity, and had a new card in less than 5 minutes.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-15 17:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather have them send me the card so I don't have to wait in line and fill crap out lol >.>
By Bloodrose 2015-04-15 17:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't fill ***out. I just walked in, presented my ID, said I needed a new card, and boom. All I had to do was activate it.
By Jetackuu 2015-04-15 17:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
DarkxSeha courtesy of Leon!

Seha's reaction:
/clap

Darki
/shudder
By Jetackuu 2015-04-15 17:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
Ok, this is just *** now.
I am available to work all day, everyday, any shift, for any duration. I have emphasized this to my supervisors on many, many occasions. Yet I still get shafted each week. I only want a MINIMUM of 20 hours a week. It's not that hard. AND THEY KEEP HIRING NEW PEOPLE EVERY WEEK. WHAT THE F***ing F***.

Time to find a new job...

Hope they at least pay well for that.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-04-15 17:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Roommate texted me.
Apparently I'm supposed to have understood that it meant I was to go into his bathroom and find his cologne, which I didn't even knew he owned, and be ready to drop it down to him from our 2nd story apartment... because it's so hard to walk for an extra 20 seconds from the parking lot and up the stairs to reapply his "sexy smell" that apparently wore off...

*slams head on desk*
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-04-15 17:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Roommate texted me.

Lucas would be his friend not spath, so if anything his friend didn't flush or is about to smother him with his arm pits/crotch/something

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-15 18:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Roommate texted me.
Apparently I'm supposed to have understood that it meant I was to go into his bathroom and find his cologne, which I didn't even knew he owned, and be ready to drop it down to him from our 2nd story apartment... because it's so hard to walk for an extra 20 seconds from the parking lot and up the stairs to reapply his "sexy smell" that apparently wore off...

*slams head on desk*
Please tell me it wasn't Axe.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-04-15 18:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fall asleep so much in my chair. *yawn*
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-15 18:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Fall asleep so much in my chair. *yawn*
I saw this temper pedic officr chair at Staples.. Sat in it.. {angels singing} So good.
By Bloodrose 2015-04-15 18:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. People who think that because you can cook at home for 1 person, that it's just as easy to cook in a commercial/restaurant setting - which is much more demanding physically, particularly for those with previous and existing injuries.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-04-15 18:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Roommate texted me.

*slams head on desk*
Please tell me it wasn't Axe.
No, it was one of those fancy glass bottle dealies. No idea what it actually was. I'll admit I kinda hoped it would shatter on the pavement when I dropped it. :x
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-04-15 18:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a lot of things people don't know about working in a commercial/restaurant kitchen setting.

It can get hot, very hot, especially in the dish pit, and on the grill/broiler.

The dish pit is the easiest place in the kitchen to work, but very labor intensive. I've seen people quit after a few days because it was too hard for them, that it was beneath them, etc. - Here's the deal - The reason most people are sent to the dish pit in a kitchen to start their training at a restaurant, is to see if they can handle the physical demands of the setting they are in. Lifting heavy pots and pans, dishes, glassware, etc. as well as twisting and turning in a hot, humid section of the building for hours a day. Not a lot of skill involved, but as I said, physically demanding. Also a good workout for the lazy.

The other positions are flexible - meaning that they have to know much more, and be far more aware because of sharp object such as knives, sanitation, cross contamination, proper cooking times and methods, heavy lifting, organization, speed, and accuracy. So it takes a reasonable amount of skill to do it rather well. So once you've proven you can handle the physical demands by being the dish ***, then you can move up to the better stuff.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17070 17071 17072 ... 22714 22715 22716