Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16766 16767 16768 ... 22708 22709 22710
By Fyyvoaa 2015-03-17 17:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So um ... unless i'm looking over something.

I can play the xv demo with jp voiceovers... but ... no subs?

Well allrighty then :(
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-17 17:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angelsfate said: »
Sounds kinky!
By Bloodrose 2015-03-17 17:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> FU I wish I could even get one job offer.

People would rather deal with a tax accountant than a cripple!

No matter how much I know, what I can apply, how hard or smart I can work, not one business will touch someone with a back injury unless they are already in a wheelchair due to legal liability and work place laws, and because someone with a back injury can not be expected to work at full strength.

Yet I have had to do that no less than 6 months after the injury happened. 10 years ago.

Buggers.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-17 17:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said: »

My brother is playing the XV demo right now in English, with English dubs.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-17 17:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
>.> FU I wish I could even get one job offer.

People would rather deal with a tax accountant than a cripple!

No matter how much I know, what I can apply, how hard or smart I can work, not one business will touch someone with a back injury unless they are already in a wheelchair due to legal liability and work place laws, and because someone with a back injury can not be expected to work at full strength.

Yet I have had to do that no less than 6 months after the injury happened. 10 years ago.

Buggers.
In my defense, I have worked with the owners for years before "The Decision" was made, and I have had a great relationship with them all. That is what it takes really.

Building/maintaining strong relationships with people tends to open doors for better opportunities in the future.

I think the partners are glad I'm not switching firms though lol...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-03-17 17:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize the importance of having a great workplace and client rapport, I really do.

It was one of the reasons I was hired so quickly at the airport from working at another location.

Didn't help that when I was hired at the time, I had to have all these qualifications (3 years culinary education, top percentile graduate from my class, several years experience etc.) only to train some twatwaffle kid how to not shove a knife in his eye on his first day, as he was getting paid more than I was.

Also, the new KM at the time was a real ***. Re-inflamed my back injury 6 months into working there, and he fired me for having to take a recuperative day off, despite more than 12 hours notice.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-17 17:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oooo, I just realized, I can take vacations in the Spring now!

Next year, I'm hitting Japan for cherry blossom viewing!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-17 18:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
I realize the importance of having a great workplace and client rapport, I really do.

It was one of the reasons I was hired so quickly at the airport from working at another location.

Didn't help that when I was hired at the time, I had to have all these qualifications (3 years culinary education, top percentile graduate from my class, several years experience etc.) only to train some twatwaffle kid how to not shove a knife in his eye on his first day, as he was getting paid more than I was.

Also, the new KM at the time was a real ***. Re-inflamed my back injury 6 months into working there, and he fired me for having to take a recuperative day off, despite more than 12 hours notice.
In that case, you should have taught the retard how to shove the knife in the kitchen manager's eye right before you left.

"Now Billy, make sure you aim for the eye, imagine the pupils as a bulls-eye."
By Bloodrose 2015-03-17 18:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the people I trained, well actually all of them, were cool people and did what I asked, when I asked it. Didn't have to tell them to go do something.

"Can you get this for me?" "Sure boss"

The kids who were trained by someone else - out smoking a cig every 10 minutes for 5 minutes.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2015-03-17 18:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Me and the GF have decided in a few years to visit Italy, depending on money obviously :/ I'm hoping that the budget ***for our county gets under control so we can get raises this year...
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2015-03-17 18:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Made this my character avatar.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-17 18:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If I travel to France, I shall go under the Pseudonym... Monsieur Croissant.
By Fyyvoaa 2015-03-17 18:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Me and the GF have decided in a few years to visit Italy, depending on money obviously :/ I'm hoping that the budget ***for our county gets under control so we can get raises this year...
Sweet. I want to visit Venice then Vienna one day since I have friends in both. Have you ever been across the Atlantic Monsieur?

Nope, I've really only been up and down the east coast a few times, mostly just up to NY then back (we did stop in D.C. once)

Actually that D.C. thing brings up a neat memory lol.. we decided to do a tour of the white house... and as you know i'm wheelchair bound... so we get in ... and of course we are met with stairs.

Were standing there kinda trying to figure out what to do when a guard comes up and greets us, he brings us over to this wall...

Long story short ... I rode in the POTUS personal elevator.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-03-17 18:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

saw someone with Fenrir today. howwwwwww Balmung hasn't had a Jumbo Cac winner yet

Post deleted by User.
By Fyyvoaa 2015-03-17 18:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I live in Florida, so it's not like it was a long trip lol.

I would love to go to Cali eventually too, my GF want's to go to disneyland lol.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-17 18:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering how easy it is to get MGP, I'm not surprised. There are already a few people on Goblin with the Fenrir mount.

I'm obviously not one of them, because I can't waste my FFXIV days in a giant golden cactus built by a man so rich he can run around nearly naked brandishing a hammer and Suplexing his son.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-03-17 18:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

box dimensions are 7-5/8” x 7-1/8” x 10-5/8” for comparison

book is 40 pages.

.-.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-03-17 19:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

box dimensions are 7-5/8” x 7-1/8” x 10-5/8” for comparison

book is 40 pages.

.-.

Physical collector's edition was already taken down from the EU store yesterday.
Not that I was gonna pay £130 for it anyway, but still.
By Fyyvoaa 2015-03-17 19:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Roguethief said: »
Well I live in Florida, so it's not like it was a long trip lol.

I would love to go to Cali eventually too, my GF want's to go to disneyland lol.
Disneyworld is near identical, you're fine lol

There are some differences, but not much...

I really could care less, but she has an obsession with disney anything lol.

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-17 19:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SE took quite a bit of shortcuts for this demo.

You won't be able to enable subs until after the intro, if you picked JP voices. I would recommend listening in english first, then exiting the game then switching to japanese, then rewatching the CS, and once you can run you will be able to enable subs.

There are also moments that aren't subbed at all, so you won't have any idea what they are saying sometimes. At least one cutscene was completely unsubbed.

Character movement is very stiff as well, I found. It's one of those games where if you try spinning the analog stick, instead of the character following you, it runs off in random directions and stops, because it's unable to turn that sharply.

I think they kept character movement so stiff because they wanted the character to flow a certain way. However, I found movement, turning, and overall mechanics very floaty, like the controls aren't done or something like that.

Also quite a few glitches. I noticed a few times when the camera moved through rocks and objects when the game took control of my camera.

I also found that my team members would stand in front of me blocking my path. It's one of those games where you don't walk through the NPC.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-17 19:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kali, are you and Dameion getting physical CE for Heavensward? I'll give you $50 and buy you some lobster for your artbook. >.>
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-17 19:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

idk
First Page 2 3 ... 16766 16767 16768 ... 22708 22709 22710