Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15244 15245 15246 ... 22712 22713 22714
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 08:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
At least you don't have to do tax projections for 53 people for the 3rd quarter using preliminary August amounts and will have to change everything when the actual amounts come in, which means after the work is done for the preliminary amounts, they all change for the final amounts.....

...takes just as damn long to change the numbers as it does getting the calculation in the first damn place....
At least you don't have to devise a two hour lesson plan on top of a regular one teaching little shits how to read and write when they'd rather just make fun of me or sleep or threaten each other while the superintendent decides to take a peek in all the classrooms.

Today's gonna be fuuuuuuuuuun...

What are lesson plans even useful for these days?

Seems like the curriculum is entirely based almost entirely upon getting the little wretches ready for completely worthless standardized testing anyhow.

It's a very odd duality of feelings I have on this topic. On one hand, I'm extraordinarily happy I chose to not continue with education, as I could never have been allowed to teach in the fashion of those who inspired me to want to teach.

At the same time, I'm really not contributing anything to make the situation better as it is, so...

Meh. Great. Another thing to feel unreasonably guilty about.

Edit: Paged, relevant to this post:

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-08-18 08:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 09:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »

You know, at some point I have to wonder how healthy it is, the amount of this stuff you keep around...

Edit: to be fair, that thought is similarly followed up with questioning myself, wondering how healthy it is that I enjoy most of the things you post.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-08-18 09:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

unhealthy levels. carry on.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 09:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

At least you don't have to do tax projections for 53 people for the 3rd quarter using preliminary August amounts and will have to change everything when the actual amounts come in, which means after the work is done for the preliminary amounts, they all change for the final amounts.....

...takes just as damn long to change the numbers as it does getting the calculation in the first damn place....
At least you don't have to devise a two hour lesson plan on top of a regular one teaching little shits how to read and write when they'd rather just make fun of me or sleep or threaten each other while the superintendent decides to take a peek in all the classrooms.

We both have shitty weeks this week.

/highfives

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 09:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
We both have shitty weeks this week.

/highfives
*Highfives you both* we'll have to do something on Sunday to celebrate it ending.

I'll do the same thing I do every Friday after work to celebrate having endured another week.

Chicken wings and whiskey.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 09:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

*** Sunday, Friday night party~

Time to get drunk and do tax returns!

edit: 2 seconds late -.-
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 09:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Sunday is my first day off in these 2 weeks or else I'd be, "woo Friday"-ing too ftw

Dominos wings Ramy?

Sweet zombie Jesus, no.

I don't do pizza chain wings. They're almost always baked or otherwise soggy and shitty.

Buffalo Wild Wings and Quaker Steak & Lube are the only chains I really care for when it comes to wings. But we have none of those where I live now (there was a BW3 close enough to dine in/take out, but they moved to the other side of town and it's inconvenient as hell to go there).

I do local places. If you're somehow familiar with Latrobe/Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, I generally get them from Dino's, Sharky's, Gino's, or Red's. Or I make them myself.

I've actually grown quite fond of making them myself. I used to avoid it because I don't like dealing with all the oil and residual mess, but I found a method of baking wings that gives you an end result superior to what I'd say is 90% of the takeout wings you'll find, baked, fried or otherwise.

That said, it's still Friday and I often don't feel like cooking at all, so I still do takeout most of the time.
By volkom 2014-08-18 09:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

pluckers for wings here in atx~

this work week gonna suck. gotta drive to houston tomorrow for an install at a client site :/

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 09:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

this work week gonna suck. gotta drive to houston tomorrow for an install at a client site :/
I generally do Wing Stop.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2014-08-18 09:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

my friends usually prefer twin peaks~ mainly for the eye candy but the wings there look decent.

what flavor/seasoning do you like?

Not a fan of the bayou city?
houston is gross. mainly since hurricane katrina but still~ hot and humid. hate the tropical feeling w/o being in the tropics
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 09:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wing Stop still exists? Awesome.

The one semi-near me went out of business, I figured the chain went out because they were always busy whenever I went there, couldn't figure they closed that one location due to lack of business, but who knows.

Yeah, they're good too and I'd definitely consider them an option if they're around.

On the note of Quaker Steak, they're a Pennsylvania-based chain (I mean, obviously?), but looking at their website they have branched WAY the *** out. They're all over the country now, though obviously spreading from their central area, so they're likely not going to be a regular on the west coast any time soon.

Locations

If you're ever near one I strongly suggest checking them out. I've never had anything bad there.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 09:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

my friends usually prefer twin peaks~ mainly for the eye candy but the wings there look decent.

houston is gross. mainly since hurricane katrina but still~ hot and humid. hate the tropical feeling w/o being in the tropics

There's only one piece of eye candy in Twin Peaks I care about:

By volkom 2014-08-18 09:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I went there friday night~ friends were drinking dos equis when I arrived. Sat at the table and the waitress asks me what I wanted to drink.
said rum and coke and all my friends flipped their *** (i normally would've ordered shiner or a dr.pepper)
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 09:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I went there friday night~ friends were drinking dos equis when I arrived. Sat at the table and the waitress asks me what I wanted to drink.
said rum and coke and all my friends flipped their *** (i normally would've ordered shiner or a dr.pepper)

Well then tell them to man up and switch to liquor.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 09:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally go with the basic Buffalo sauce.

I don't eat wings too often as they do loops in my stomach.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 09:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Wing Stop still exists? Awesome.

The one semi-near me went out of business, I figured the chain went out because they were always busy whenever I went there, couldn't figure they closed that one location due to lack of business, but who knows.

Yeah, they're good too and I'd definitely consider them an option if they're around.

On the note of Quaker Steak, they're a Pennsylvania-based chain (I mean, obviously?), but looking at their website they have branched WAY the *** out. They're all over the country now, though obviously spreading from their central area, so they're likely not going to be a regular on the west coast any time soon.

Locations

If you're ever near one I strongly suggest checking them out. I've never had anything bad there.
The only chain that I really want to see in San Antonio is Waffle House...
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-18 09:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

could be lactose intolerance, they put a lot of butter in that sauce.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 09:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

Cheese is ok with me, and I can eat butter just fine (just don't often).

I really don't know what is with chicken wings that does it, that's one of the types of foods that churns in my stomach. Taco Bell is another one, but I only eat there if I want a cleaning.

Better than prunes anyday.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 10:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I see.

There's only one piece of eye candy in Twin Peaks I care about:

Lmao. Did you ever play deadly premonition? It's a hilarious twin peaks ripoff

I did not. I did, however, see the Psych homage/spoof to Twin Peaks ("Dual Spires") and it's an absolute masterpiece. It actually has many of the actors from Twin Peaks in it, it including Sherilyn Fenn.

And she's definitely still got it, in my book.

Of course, I could be bias considering I'm a huge fan of Psych*, Twin Peaks, and Sherilyn Fenn.

*though I've yet to watch further than the end of season 5 because I have this horrible, horrible fear of it going downhill post-Shawn/Juliette coupling.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 10:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't know what is with chicken wings that does it, that's one of the types of foods that churns in my stomach. Taco Bell is another one, but I only eat there if I want a cleaning.

Wings that are fried, but not done in oil that's hot enough tend to be on the greasy side, even if "crisp", and that much grease can definitely screw with your stomach, severity of course varying person to person. That, combined with the often-acidic nature of the sauces (most hot/buffalo sauces have a pepper/vinegar base, added with the lactose elements of the butter) is actually a recipe for some intestinal discomfort in many people.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-18 10:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wings that are fried, but not done in oil that's hot enough tend to be on the greasy side, even if "crisp", and that much grease can definitely screw with your stomach, severity of course varying person to person. That, combined with the often-acidic nature of the sauces (most hot/buffalo sauces have a pepper/vinegar base, added with the lactose elements of the butter) is actually a recipe for some intestinal discomfort in many people.
That's probably it.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-18 10:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it's a triple whammy... butter for the lactose intolerant, grease for the people with gall bladder problems and hot pepper for the people with ulcers...

PARKER Edit:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-18 10:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

One of these days I'm going to figure out what the hell this "Parker" thing is all about.
By volkom 2014-08-18 10:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

that feel when you think you're going to die because something happened unexpected and it took you by surprise....
didn't notice a fan was spinning when I gripped the side of a pc to pull a cable out.
First Page 2 3 ... 15244 15245 15246 ... 22712 22713 22714