Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15232 15233 15234 ... 22713 22714 22715
By Artemicion 2014-08-15 04:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

How annoying, FFXI gamepad config doesn't recognize my 360 controller's trigger buttons at all. Yet they work just fine in the actual Xbox 360 version of the game. What gives?
By gdiShun 2014-08-15 05:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DX8 game. Uses DirectInput, not XInput.
By Artemicion 2014-08-15 05:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »
DX8 game. Uses DirectInput, not XInput.

So I'm SOL because it's an old DirectX game?
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2014-08-15 05:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc it has to do with it recognizing the triggers as axis rather than buttons, something to do with the vectoring they have. Been awhile since I looked into that though. I just changed the button mapping to use the shoulder buttons instead and moved auto walk to the back button.
By gdiShun 2014-08-15 05:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There's probably a wrapper that exists that will convert the XInput into DirectInput. Hopefully someone could point you in that direction.
By Artemicion 2014-08-15 05:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Allyha Kiade said: »
iirc it has to do with it recognizing the triggers as axis rather than buttons, something to do with the vectoring they have. Been awhile since I looked into that though. I just changed the button mapping to use the shoulder buttons instead and moved auto walk to the back button.

Luckily FFXI Switchmon is a godsend. I'm able to jump between characters on the fly without having to use Send commands within my own macros to avoid difficulty while using my gamepad.

But if anyone knows of a solution to getting those trigger buttons recognized, I'm all ears.
By Artemicion 2014-08-15 05:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleh, now Switchmon doesn't even recognize my running instances of FFXI. Wat do -.-
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-08-15 05:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I really enjoyed fishing in XI since you had to actually fight the fish. Cast and catch in XIV bores me :|
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-08-15 06:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-08-15 06:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I like.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2014-08-15 07:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bandwidth reset on photobucket; I'm free!

[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-08-15 07:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »

MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-08-15 09:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Leon Kasai said: »

W-what?
 Asura.Yomisha
Server: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2014-08-15 09:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There was some... thing jumping around on my towel. It hopped off, but not having my glasses on made me panic more. Hoping the blur of my vision made it look more terrifying than it was. This is not a fun way to start my day, but at least it woke me up. -_-
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-15 09:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yomisha said: »
There was some... thing jumping around on my towel. It hopped off, but not having my glasses on made me panic more. Hoping the blur of my vision made it look more terrifying than it was. This is not a fun way to start my day, but at least it woke me up. -_-

What's really fun is getting out of the shower with your glasses off (keep in mind I'm pretty sure I'm stat blind without my glasses), and just seeing a faint rippling...THING...on your wall.

Centipedes are actually good to have in your house. They suppress the population of other nasty crawlies in your house and are quite benign.

But when you see one on your wall, without your glasses on, all you're certain of is that an agent of Satan has come to call.

By volkom 2014-08-15 09:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Yomisha said: »

What's really fun is getting out of the shower with your glasses off (keep in mind I'm pretty sure I'm stat blind without my glasses), and just seeing a faint rippling...THING...on your wall.

Centipedes are actually good to have in your house. They suppress the population of other nasty crawlies in your house and are quite benign.

But when you see one on your wall, without your glasses on, all you're certain of is that an agent of Satan has come to call.

[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-15 09:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There's just something about being largely blind, naked, and dripping wet whilst being suddenly confronted with what was surely dreamt up in the mind of a entomologist with an LSD habit.

It's terrifying no matter how otherwise masculine and full of manly resolve you are.
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-15 09:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

man up and squish it.

Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-15 10:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
man up and squish it.

Image isn't loading, work firewall doesn't like a lot of imaging sites and meme-type bases.

That said, I don't actually like killing centipedes (or spiders), as they do -- as I previously stated -- keep down the population of bugs that actually bother me.

I just wish they'd stay out of sight, and I especially wish their high-contrast selves on my white walls (which is another reason I don't want to squish them. Cleaning textured drywall: no fun).
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-08-15 10:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
man up and squish it.

Image isn't loading, work firewall doesn't like a lot of imaging sites and meme-type bases.

That said, I don't actually like killing centipedes (or spiders), as they do -- as I previously stated -- keep down the population of bugs that actually bother me.

I just wish they'd stay out of sight, and I especially wish their high-contrast selves on my white walls (which is another reason I don't want to squish them. Cleaning textured drywall: no fun).

I occasionally see them in the office at work. I usually take them outside and release them if I can, because if I don't, another employee will just kill them because they're "icky".
By volkom 2014-08-15 10:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

if it has 0 legs or more than 4 and/or flies, its dead in my house.
I wage complete annihilation of bugs. pest control guy comes every quarter :3 and I keep a can of raid in stock for wasps and other crap that comes around the house
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-15 10:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Back into the swing of things in FFXI again. Just got my Steelflash Earring, now for the other one.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-15 10:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

if it has 0 legs or more than 4 and/or flies, its dead in my house.
I wage complete annihilation of bugs. pest control guy comes every quarter :3 and I keep a can of raid in stock for wasps and other crap that comes around the house

I give things a a fighting chance.

I have a "Horrible Rape Radius" (a term I picked up from WoW, I think).

Basically, if it's a spider or centipede and it ventures within my armspan -- or it doesn't move by the time I get to it -- it's probably going to die. Otherwise, it's live and let live.

If it's a flying bug, however, I still give it a fighting chance because I don't use Raid or flypaper or anything. If I can't kill it with my hand, a flyswatter, or other improvised implement, it lives to fight a bit longer.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-08-15 11:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

3D printed Stargate

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-15 11:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it work?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-08-15 11:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if it did you couldn't send anything bigger than a hamster through it, or maybe a small RC car with a camera stuck to it. A hamster with a camera stuck to it perhaps
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-15 11:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if it did you couldn't send anything bigger than a hamster through it, or maybe a small RC car with a camera stuck to it. A hamster with a camera stuck to it perhaps

Terroristic nanobots to make alien races bown before my power!

I call the my Mobile Fleet of Micro Malevolence!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2014-08-15 11:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

3D printed Stargate

But does it spin?
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-15 11:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You could put your *** in it. Interdimensional glory hole.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-15 11:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You could put your *** in it. Interdimensional glory hole.

I'm really not interested in being the litmus test for an intergalactic knobgobbling.

The thing on the other side could have all kinds of pointy teeth in an acid-dripping maw.
First Page 2 3 ... 15232 15233 15234 ... 22713 22714 22715