Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 11157 11158 11159 ... 22713 22714 22715
 Bismarck.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Leonkasai
By Bismarck.Leonkasai 2013-04-10 06:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning, RT~
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2013-04-10 06:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Leviathan.Catnipthief said: »
Yeah i'll take 3 titans :p no wait ... 4!

Can only run 3!

Also I just noticed the stock power consumption for a titan is 600W,thought it was higher. But no 690 for you!

Asura.Abysswalker said: »
Now to play the waiting game.. I got my eye on you, drive way.

Am waiting for the postman to gtfu with my ebay stuff,waiting on my last package D:

so if I were to upgrade my GPU higher, i'd need a higher PSU? bah... seems I always have bad luck with those lol.
By Quiznor 2013-04-10 06:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
I wonder when Maxwell GPUs will come out.
Hopefully soon so Kepler prices drop.

Its in around this time of year when the new series comes out. The GTX titan was a bit of a waste to even be created tbh. Shoulda waited and keep everything going for the new series.

It'll kill me when I see the official spec of the 790's,but yet at the same time I know my cards will max games for a good while to come anyways

Aye, but I must admit that Kepler is quite a step up from Fermi from what I've been able to tell. So it deserves to have a longer run, considering it was introduced in the 680 series.

Secondly, I need help finding a laptop that will be able to play FFXIV. Laptops are not my forte.

Budget? Preferences in screen size? Other preferences?
By Quiznor 2013-04-10 06:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leonkasai said: »
Good morning, RT~

Leon is riding the *** o_O
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-04-10 06:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remembered while in the shower, Abyss if you stick with the 650ti Boost i don't think 2 would be possible simply because the chipset.
Most amd chipsets wont allow for SLI only crossfire. I'm too lazy to look up specifics seeing as I don't think your mobo even has 2x pci 16 so it'd be a waste.

Also CNT you'd be better off just buying a 660ti 3gb than fighting to find a second 560 t because 560's weren't too great in SLI. Hell the jump from 560 to 660ti was a major one with all that being said. the X60 went from being a midrange to a low tier high end GPU this gen. The 650 has taken its place as mid range as can be seen by the new 650ti boost.
By Artemicion 2013-04-10 06:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder when Maxwell GPUs will come out.
Hopefully soon so Kepler prices drop.

Its in around this time of year when the new series comes out. The GTX titan was a bit of a waste to even be created tbh. Shoulda waited and keep everything going for the new series.

It'll kill me when I see the official spec of the 790's,but yet at the same time I know my cards will max games for a good while to come anyways

Aye, but I must admit that Kepler is quite a step up from Fermi from what I've been able to tell. So it deserves to have a longer run, considering it was introduced in the 680 series.

Secondly, I need help finding a laptop that will be able to play FFXIV. Laptops are not my forte.

Budget? Preferences in screen size? Other preferences?

Screen size not really a factor. Would prefer at least an i5, but more importantly, the graphical capacity will be the primary thing to look after considering it needs to operate ARR whenever that gets released. Price range $800-1k
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2013-04-10 06:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said: »
Also CNT you'd be better off just buying a 660ti 3gb than fighting to find a second 560 t because 560's weren't too great in SLI. Hell the jump from 560 to 660ti was a major one with all that being said. the X60 went from being a midrange to a low tier high end GPU this gen. The 650 has taken its place as mid range as can be seen by the new 650ti boost.

Hmmm, i'll look into that, thanks!
 Asura.Abysswalker
Server: Asura
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-04-10 06:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remembered while in the shower, Abyss if you stick with the 650ti Boost i don't think 2 would be possible simply because the chipset.
Most amd chipsets wont allow for SLI only crossfire. I'm too lazy to look up specifics seeing as I don't think your mobo even has 2x pci 16 so it'd be a waste.

You thought of me in the shower? >.>;
One card will work fine though, right? Dun make me paranoid, bro!
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-04-10 06:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i'll take 3 titans :p no wait ... 4!

Can only run 3!

Also I just noticed the stock power consumption for a titan is 600W,thought it was higher. But no 690 for you!

Now to play the waiting game.. I got my eye on you, drive way.

Am waiting for the postman to gtfu with my ebay stuff,waiting on my last package D:

so if I were to upgrade my GPU higher, i'd need a higher PSU? bah... seems I always have bad luck with those lol.

For the most part yeah. They love their "minimum power rating" ***to be ambiguous. For example the Titan is rated at 600W,but in the fine print it says its also based on a (I know,power efficient as ***) 3.2ghz i7,but still a pretty *** powerful cpu. So realistically most people could use a titan successfully with a 600W PSU. Although like whoever (loki maybe?) said on the previous page,if you stick a titan in a pc with a meh cpu and whatnot,it defeats the purpose and the tcechnicality kicks in
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-04-10 06:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No I though about computer hardware in the shower.

More than fine.
In all honesty by having midrange cards considering SLI or Crossfire is just dumb. You'd get a better performance boost just spending more on 1 card and then you don't have to get a bigger PSU.
By Quiznor 2013-04-10 06:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1 will have no problems. 2 is a different thing because it has to support it on the board itself AND has to have 2 physical PCI-E x16 slots (your pc only has 1)
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-04-10 06:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just kidding about 2 D: I didn't even know if it was possible!
 Bismarck.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Leonkasai 2013-04-10 06:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leonkasai said: »

Leon is riding the *** o_O
It's not me; it's /m/-tan. >:O

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-04-10 06:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just kidding about 2 D: I didn't even know if it was possible!

Can have up to 3 (or 4 depending how you look at it)
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-04-10 06:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

1 will have no problems. 2 is a different thing because it has to support it on the board itself AND has to have 2 physical PCI-E x16 slots (your pc only has 1)

Yeah Quiz have you seen the new 650ti boost that just came out in like the last week or 2?
Came across is the other day and was blown away by it's bench numbers for the price.
It's putting out almost the same numbers as an old 480 for $170-180.
That's just insane IMO.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2013-04-10 06:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

*pokes
By Artemicion 2013-04-10 06:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed it is generally better to have a master card of higher quality than to purchase two similar cards together in SLI. Especially if you play older games that don't get along with such features or do video recording sessions.
Still need to test if a dedicated physics card changes any of the above.
By Quiznor 2013-04-10 06:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said: »
Although like whoever (loki maybe?) said on the previous page,if you stick a titan in a pc with a meh cpu and whatnot,it defeats the purpose and the tcechnicality kicks in
You're definitely going to choke yourself off if you upgrade your gpu above your CPU in too-greater increments. I'm using a lackluster quadcore and a pretty decent 660 which I got a groovy deal on, and the cpu really bottlenecks everything. It's future proofing only in that I build a better system and use parts FROM this after it. [not many]

I'm not ENTIRELY against it because it leaves room for future improvement,and takes factors in like prices,etc but as long as the person is aware of what they're doing (eg sticking a titan into a core 2 duo computer expecting the world)
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-04-10 06:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I've noticed it is generally better to have a master card of higher quality than to purchase two similar cards together in SLI. Especially if you play older games that don't get along with such features or do video recording sessions.
Still need to test if a dedicated physics card changes any of the above.
Yes.
With the new bottom cards of the top tier now being the 660ti and the 7950.
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-04-10 06:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

My cat walks in my room, jumps in the bed with me to cuddle, puts his butt in my face and runs out the door.

Get a cat they said.. it would be fun they said..
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-04-10 06:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Quiz have you seen the new 650ti boost that just came out in like the last week or 2?
Came across is the other day and was blown away by it's bench numbers for the price.
That's just insane IMO.

I have actually just googled it in another tab right now,when you mentioned it to abyss I didnt recognize it so went looking. Its pretty impressive for an entry level card. Its just a shame the 750 will likely outclass it for the same money sometime very soon. If they had released it within 3 months of 600 series release,I'd have been considerably more impressed and would have changed my opinion on "entry level" cards
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-04-10 06:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

PC's depress me lol always updating and making everything else crap. I guess its good that I only want to play WoW atm.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-04-10 06:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's just insane IMO.

I have actually just googled it in another tab right now,when you mentioned it to abyss I didnt recognize it so went looking. Its pretty impressive for an entry level card. Its just a shame the 750 will likely outclass it for the same money sometime very soon. If they had released it within 3 months of 600 series release,I'd have been considerably more impressed and would have changed my opinion on "entry level" cards

I think it had to be done because they took the 660ti and made it from that entry level card to some steroid using freak.
Hell even the plain 660 is really strong now, it certainly fills a gap that's needed filled.
Oh AMD apparently dropped the ball. They're not making an X850 next gen and are instead only doing x770 and x790. apparently the 7790 that just launched is utter ***compared to the boost.
AMD...Y U DO STUPID.
By Artemicion 2013-04-10 06:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon my ignorance, especially considering I don't care for laptops or keep up on their evolving form factor or hardware capacities; but what the *** is an ultrabook?
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-04-10 06:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

PC's depress me lol always updating and making everything else crap. I guess its good that I only want to play WoW atm.
Only if you talk to PC enthusiast who drool over hardware...
To the average person they can go 3-4 years without thinking of updating hardware....or they spent a TON of money 3 years ago and are set now.
By Quiznor 2013-04-10 06:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon my ignorance, especially considering I don't care for laptops or keep up on their evolving form factor or hardware capacities; but what the *** is an ultrabook?

It is likely a certain company's "brand" of certain form factor laptop
 Bismarck.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Leonkasai 2013-04-10 06:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Better than a superbook, but not as good as a megabook? D:
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2013-04-10 06:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Out to run errands.
Mornings suck.
First Page 2 3 ... 11157 11158 11159 ... 22713 22714 22715