Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 10050 10051 10052 ... 22712 22713 22714
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-02-06 11:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I finally got an avatar i'll stick with for a while!

Edit: Sorry I paged you kali :<

Siren.Kalilla said: »
So, I went to sleep angry a bit thinking maybe I'll feel better about dead space 3 if I got some sleep, maybe my opinion will change for it, maybe...

I'm still mad ~.~
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 11:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I went to sleep angry a bit thinking maybe I'll feel better about dead space 3 if I got some sleep, maybe my opinion will change for it, maybe...

I'm still mad ~.~

I tried to warn you :x

Got a letter from my ISP today,went over my 500gb bandwidth allowance for january......I used 844gb lol

First time you get off with a warning,2nd time they double the price of your plan to account for the extra bandwidth allowance >_<
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 11:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't understand why companies do this. They can't possibly be that stupid, they have to be doing it on purpose right?

I don't understand why you'd pump millions of dollars into something that won't sell well at all >< There has to be a reason behind it :\
By volkom 2013-02-06 11:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't understand why companies do this. They can't possibly be that stupid, they have to be doing it on purpose right?

I don't understand why you'd pump millions of dollars into something that won't sell well at all >< There has to be a reason behind it :\

They start off with an original idea. They make the game. Do everything right and sell it. IT becomes a huge success.
Then they are like "hey~ this past game sold really well and it had great reviews. lets do it again but make it better" So companies do it~ make the game, gets decent reviews and still sells.

Then its like "hey this franchise is doing well~ lets make an additional game" They don't put in the time and effort and add that magic originality to it from what made the first game great.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 11:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the thing is,it did sell well enough because alot of the DS1/2 fans (yourself included) thought "omg another dead space game yay!" and bought it.Regardless of if you hate it or not,you've already given them your money and the damage is done.So they got the "easy market" and opened it up to being more accessible to other non-DS fans (CoD,battlefield,neo-resident evil,maybe halo fans) or the like by subtracting what made it Dead Space,and including what makes it "fun for the masses"

They did it with mass effect and dragon age and dead space 2 and its just gonna get worse as the series goes on,as well as in all their other EA games.

Ever since Mass Effect 3 I havent bought another EA game and I never will.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-02-06 11:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Volk, do you have a macro that switches your avatars every minute? o.O
By volkom 2013-02-06 11:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Volk, do you have a macro that switches your avatars every minute? o.O

>_>
 Bismarck.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
user: Leonkasai
By Bismarck.Leonkasai 2013-02-06 11:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Appealing to the ever-elusive "broader audience" at the cost of the original fans. :/

We can only hope DmC's massive failure will make companies think twice about doing things like this from now on. :x
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 11:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
They did it with mass effect and dragon age and dead space 2 and its just gonna get worse as the series goes on,as well as in all their other EA games
Dead Space 2 was scary as hell though ~.~
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 11:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leonkasai said: »

Appealing to the ever-elusive "broader audience" at the cost of the original fans. :/

We can only hope DmC's massive failure will make companies think twice about doing things like this from now on. :x

While I hated the look and idea of the new DMC and have never played it and never will,I hear it did pretty damn well all across the world?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 11:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leonkasai said: »
.=. I liked DMC

oh wait... <.< I'm the audience they were aiming for I guess.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-02-06 11:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still mad ~.~

The sign of a true gamer O:
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-02-06 11:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It does sell well though. To the Call of Duty fans. Who, quite frankly, outnumbered all of the fans who enjoyed how the game used to be. And then there are the die hard fans who'll buy anything with a <insert company/franchise here> logo stamped on a product.

Who cares that you're pissing off the people who made your franchise popular if you're making more money, right?
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-02-06 11:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Misa said "dongle" on the other thread to Scragg. HEHEHEHE.
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 11:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They did it with mass effect and dragon age and dead space 2 and its just gonna get worse as the series goes on,as well as in all their other EA games

I didnt think so myself.I found DS2 to be too much "RAWR LOOK HOW SCARY I CAN BE RAWR!" the entire time.Hell look at the very opening scene and it all just goes on from there if you ask me.

I remember when DS1 came out,I had no interest in it.I was talking to my best friend on the xbox while he was playing it and he was jumping and having heart attacks over the mic and I made fun of him.6 month later the demo came out and I finally played it and thought "holy ***this is *** cool" so I borrowed it from him,1000G'd it over the weekend and handed him back the game,apologizing for making fun of him,because the game gave me heart attacks and made me jump all over the place.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-02-06 11:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The way you're feeling about Dead Space 3 is the way we're feeling about DmC Kali
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 12:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a lot of people are just butthurt over his look. Capcom planned it out so you would have to buy the old dante look through DLC. It's Capcom come on~ you wouldn't expect any less from them.

Comboing is pretty damn easy though, so they made it so noobie players like myself feel good I guess. There are harder difficulties though for players who want more of a challenge, but I think you have to play through the game a few times before you can get to Hell and Hell where you die in 1 hit and enemies have normal HP.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 12:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
The way you're feeling about Dead Space 3 is the way we're feeling about DmC Kali
I guess that's true~

and I'll probably feel the same way when they mess up dark souls 2 ~.~
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-02-06 12:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Same way I feel about all Silent Hill games after SH4. ;-;
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-02-06 12:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I still suck at style points, get to S rank and then a random guy just whacks me from behind :(

Vergil's downfall trailer though.... Omg :Q...........
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 12:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt think so myself.I found DS2 to be too much "RAWR LOOK HOW SCARY I CAN BE RAWR!" the entire time.Hell look at the very opening scene and it all just goes on from there if you ask me.

I remember when DS1 came out,I had no interest in it.I was talking to my best friend on the xbox while he was playing it and he was jumping and having heart attacks over the mic and I made fun of him.6 month later the demo came out and I finally played it and thought "holy ***this is *** cool" so I borrowed it from him,1000G'd it over the weekend and handed him back the game,apologizing for making fun of him,because the game gave me heart attacks and made me jump all over the place.
Maybe you were slightly immune to it after playing 1, because I felt the same way with 2.
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 12:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Same way I feel about all Silent Hill games after SH4. ;-;

QFT

I'm a die hard silent hill fan.But after homecoming and downpour coupled with the state of the will never be fixed (I have the xbox version) HD collection AND what they're doing to the series with trash vita games (ala resident evil operation raccoon city),the series is officially dead to me and I wont be buying any more silent hill games
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-06 12:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Just thinking about Dark Souls 2 now makes me mad ~.~
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 12:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you were slightly immune to it after playing 1, because I felt the same way with 2.

Possibly,but I dont think that was it,because it was a totally different kind of "scary".It didnt even strike me as a psychological scary (just me personally) like you said you felt about it.The problem with these companies is they think bigger and more hollywood is better
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-02-06 12:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of feel this way about Lightning's return (FFXIII), especially her outfit :<
I mean my faith was restored with FFXIII-2 but this one coming just looks like they want to add closure to the games storyline.
By Quiznor 2013-02-06 12:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

I kind of feel this way about Lightning's return (FFXIII), especially her outfit :<
I mean my faith was restored with FFXIII-2 but this one coming just looks like they want to add closure to the games storyline.

For me XIII-2 did more damage than good.I didnt want a continuation.The story wasnt there to continue in the first place,and the way they did continue it,was just absolutely stupid.I did like the last few seconds of the ending though.XIII-3 continues that by going on from a pointlessly random continuation point to something that it could almost be a brand new FF game if they wanted it to be.I dont know how everyone likes lightning so much tbh,she wrecks my head as a character
[+]
 Bismarck.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Bismarck.Leonkasai 2013-02-06 12:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

While I hated the look and idea of the new DMC and have never played it and never will,I hear it did pretty damn well all across the world?
Last I heard it had sold 660k or so copies within a certain period when their estimates were 2 million (originally 5mil) . Could be wrong, though.

I think a lot of people are just butthurt over his look. Capcom planned it out so you would have to buy the old dante look through DLC. It's Capcom come on~ you wouldn't expect any less from them.

Comboing is pretty damn easy though, so they made it so noobie players like myself feel good I guess. There are harder difficulties though for players who want more of a challenge, but I think you have to play through the game a few times before you can get to Hell and Hell where you die in 1 hit and enemies have normal HP.
It's nothing to do with the look (that complaint is from way before we'd even seen any gameplay, let alone had a chance to try the game) and people need to stop using that as a scapegoat. The gameplay is way easier than the previous entries, even on higher difficulties, and a couple of boss fights have some pretty obvious glitches.
And you can't blame it all on Capcom when even the Capcom guys working on it were complaining about some of the ***they were doing.
 Asura.Yomisha
Server: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-02-06 12:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

lol It's just like movies. Sometimes you just can't keep the chain going and make everyone happy with it.

Also, comparing games to previous games becomes silly to a point. "I don't like it because it's not like the previous game." So play the previous game and don't bother progressing. If that's too much, don't BUY games before you try them. Do gamefly or some other ***. Being disappointed is bound to happen. Especially now, all these companies going in a new direction. Making games easier or adding more fluff for a new audience. It should be expected.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-02-06 12:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, Origins, Homecoming, Shattered Memories and Downpour aren't terrible games.

They're just absolutely terrible at being anything related to Silent Hill they nearly make me physically ill (exaggerating a bit...) looking at them.

The series officially died the moment Konami disbanded KCET/Team Silent and outsourced to western developers. Losing Hiroyuki Ōwaku (primary writer for Silent Hill 2/3/4) and Masahiro Itō (Art director/monster concepts for SH 1/2/3) were crippling blows to what made the franchise great and terrifying.
First Page 2 3 ... 10050 10051 10052 ... 22712 22713 22714