Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » we'll miss you, Steak
we'll miss you, Steak
By sweetkitty76 2011-02-09 11:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i still cant believe u are gone phillip, god how i miss u, i miss ur laugh, ur smile, ur voice, all of it. u gave me so much strength and i love u for that, for who u helped me be. every day is hard but i promise i will enjoy every day i am given, every moment i share, every second of my life because that was how u lived and while it kills me i know u would not want me or any of us sad. i know now that when we were together friday morning u knew u wouldnt be back, that u knew something was wrong and i am so thankful that u chose those hours to be with me. i will never forget u or stop loving u. ty for all u brought to my life u made me the luckiest person in the world because i had ur love. i miss u with every beat of my heart, i love u with every thing that i am. ty so much baby for making me feel like i was so special and loving me. i will see u again one day and i will try to enjoy each day i have until that moment i am back with u again.
[+]
By Ryokomalfoy 2011-02-10 00:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

this got me thinking about Steak and I think he would all want us to remember the happy times we had with him.
[+]
By sweetkitty76 2011-02-10 01:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryokomalfoy said:

this got me thinking about Steak and I think he would all want us to remember the happy times we had with him.

yeah he would :) god i am so thankful i have beautiful memories with him. every day i see his smiling face in my memories, i hear that wonderful laugh, i feel his arms so protective. this song is exactly what he would want. i miss u so much phillip but i know one day we will all be together again. ty for all the wonderful memories, i will never forget u.
and even though i have all these memories and find peace that he is no longer in pain and with God the song below fits how i feel about our time together. it was good and bad, it was too short but the memories will last forever.

[+]
 Odin.Lefein
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Lefein 2011-02-10 02:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

rest in eternal peace.
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-10 04:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not one to believe he just passed away, dead for no reason, what was his cause of death?
[+]
By sweetkitty76 2011-02-10 14:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:
I'm not one to believe he just passed away, dead for no reason, what was his cause of death?

he had sickle cell anemia and went into crisis on friday, he could barely breathe. he suffered many complications from sickle cell often so it wasnt unusual. he passed away sunday morning early in his sleep he stopped breathing, he was not hooked up to a ventilator since he had been alert and breathing on his own. no one knew or expected things would turn so bad so fast. hopefully that clears it up for you, if not i suggest either going to the library or checking online and reading about all the complications from sickle cell anemia

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Chianna
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Chianna
By Gilgamesh.Chianna 2011-02-10 15:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm so sorry to hear this, my deepest condolences goes out to his family and friends. Rest in peace
 Shiva.Nindo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nindo 2011-02-10 15:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My condolences to his friends an family. While I didn't know him I can tell he was very well loved an respected by many. I recently lost a good friend of mine as well, an I know how much it hurts to know everyday you wake up wishing they were still here. But know hes in company of angels, an hes watching over all his loved ones. *hugs*
[+]
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-10 15:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

sweetkitty76 said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

he had sickle cell anemia and went into crisis on friday, he could barely breathe. he suffered many complications from sickle cell often so it wasnt unusual. he passed away sunday morning early in his sleep he stopped breathing, he was not hooked up to a ventilator since he had been alert and breathing on his own. no one knew or expected things would turn so bad so fast. hopefully that clears it up for you, if not i suggest either going to the library or checking online and reading about all the complications from sickle cell anemia
Damn, I know someone with this, she's kinda hot too but it's doubtful she will live past 30....
 Shiva.Nindo
By Shiva.Nindo 2011-02-10 15:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I also wanted to share this song. It helped me alot.
[+]
By Bluespyder 2011-02-10 16:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Steak you will be missed little bro. I offer my condolences to his family and friends. If you never had the pleasure to meet our friend Steak it is a shame :3

[+]
 Ramuh.Wolfjorg
Server: Ramuh
user: wolfjorgg
By Ramuh.Wolfjorg 2011-02-10 16:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for your loss. just from reading all the post, he was liked by many and will always be in your heart.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sweetkitty
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sweetkitty 2011-02-13 05:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

it might seem funny to some ppl here but we held a remembrance ceremony for Steak last night. it was very touching and so nice to hear everyone's memories and thoughts of him. almost our whole ls came. steak we miss u but u are not forgotten. attaching a screenshot of it. we held it in hall of the gods which to me was fitting, seeing one angel in chains reminded me of steaks pain from his illness and the other one helped me see he is no longer hurting and is happy. thank u to everyone in ancient dawn, especially rahls and zath for making this event possible.

[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-02-13 05:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I had no idea it was an in-game service, I would have attended. :(
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-02-13 05:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this is the most awkwardly sincere and heartfelt thing I've seen in the FFXI community in a LONG time.

A guy i barely knew in high school just passed away and everyone on facebook was talking about him in a similar manner such as this.

Really makes you stop and think what you leave behind when you're gone. Steak looks like he kept a good group of friends and sifting through these 3 pages i can easily say I'm sorry for the loss of anyone who knew him.

It's always the good ones that seem to go first :\

Condolences.
[+]
 Bahamut.Purrfectly
By Bahamut.Purrfectly 2011-02-13 11:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The remembrance ceremony shows how many friends he truely had. It was a very good touch, so everyone can get together and show their support for one another and for their time of lose of a LS mate and a friend. You are all great friends, to do so much for the remembrance of Steak.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sweetkitty
By Bahamut.Sweetkitty 2011-02-22 13:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i am sorry for posting this so late but wanted his friends to see a layout of what was given at his funeral, its in pdf format but it mentions his love of games and drawing especially final fantasy :) we miss u and love u phillip "steak" always

http://www.honoryou.com/programs/PDF/110215pr.pdf

this is the one from the funeral home website
http://www.cottonfuneralservice.com/pg003.php?shw=1&obt=1294
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [83 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Mightymidget
user: matiche
By Bahamut.Mightymidget 2011-05-16 05:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

my quesiton is how the hell would who ever made this thread found out who died and when it's not like you can have them call you before they decided to as if you could really decide that well besides that yea steak was a good players only talking to him on rare ocasions threw out the years and never came off any thing but a person you wouldnt mind being around all the time
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2011-05-16 05:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy run on sentence?!?! ^^^
Punctuation (Can I have it?)
[+]
 Shiva.Aaralyn
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-16 05:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They... knew each other in real life, mayhaps?
[+]
By richwood 2011-05-16 12:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Although I was not a personal friend of Steaks, we will keep your family in our wishes Steak. I am so sorry for everyone's loss, and the loss of a person who seems to be so highly admired by his friends.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-05-16 12:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

:( Steak, sounds like a good guy.... browsed tru the tread, and seemed he was loved amoung family and friends. my condolences
[+]