Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Using Qirmiz Tathlum
Using Qirmiz Tathlum
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-14 10:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just about to make a thread asking which is better actually, now that we know Raider's is 3% DW and Qirmiz is 5% crit+ and using RR/GH/DD in Abyssea would Raider's really be better damage wise?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-14 10:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend of mine argues that acid bolts is better overall for DOT.
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-14 10:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends, I mean more exping than single NM fighting, in old zones and 95% crit rate pDIF should be capped mostly too
 Asura.Ollorin
Server: Asura
user: Ollorin
By Asura.Ollorin 2011-02-24 16:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Acid would be better, if it always proc'd. I've proc'd on a lot of mobs in abyssea, can't say I see the same damage returns off of it that I see outside Abyssea though. Maybe the higher defense of the mobs makes it not as noticeable of an effect.

As to the OP, I'd bet inside Abyssea, it's a better item to use than the DW boomerang, but it seems silly to switch it out. I'd bet to get the tp back that you lose from the switch, you'd waste the extra attack rounds you gain with the dual wield in place, therefore making it pointless.
By Ooolala 2011-02-24 16:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems no one is mentioning DMG from 3% faster melee. I have both items and have parsed them on a variety of mobs inside and out and boomerang always parsed higher damage per second. People love to see big WS dmg, but in the end its the overall DMG that really matters.
 Asura.Ollorin
Server: Asura
user: Ollorin
By Asura.Ollorin 2011-02-24 17:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I presumed the damage comparable myself, with the tathlum winning in abyssea and boomerang winning in normal areas. Would love to see the parsed data.