Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » ENM Brothers
ENM Brothers
 Unicorn.Divinian
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-01-27 22:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just figured I would ask the community before I waste my time...

Is brothers ENM still soloable by RDM or BLM? Trying to get some of the expensive EVA gear farmed for my thf. If people are still doing it, are there any updated strats or vids that you can tell me/point me in the direction of? Mainly I am looking for newer things since it sounds like the ENM may have been changed by SE at some point. Anyway, thanks in advance for any input you all can give.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-27 22:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

When did they add the Draw-In?
[+]
 Cerberus.Stalkster
Server: Cerberus
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2011-01-27 22:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
From Wiki:
# The Eldertaur is capable of using an attack called Apocalyptic Ray. Seems to still afflict the target with Doom, even if they are turned around. Facing away from the Eldertaur when it's readying the attack to try and avoid is still advised. Unknown thus far if there are any prerequisites for the Eldertaur in using Apocalyptic Ray.
# Eldertaur will use draw-in.

Never seen this when i used to solo/duo it, in talk section there's more.

I've had it use Draw In before the Dec 12th path. I just think it does it rarely. --Roskink 04:52, 15 December 2008 (UTC)

Has used it before the December update. They just use it very, very rarely. I have done this ENM twice after the update and we have not noticed a difference. Haven't seen it posted anywhere else, but they do share hate too (this has always been the case). -- Orubicon 21:49, 20 December 2008 (UTC)

Hmmm.
 Unicorn.Divinian
Server: Unicorn
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-01-28 07:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stalkster said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
From Wiki:
# The Eldertaur is capable of using an attack called Apocalyptic Ray. Seems to still afflict the target with Doom, even if they are turned around. Facing away from the Eldertaur when it's readying the attack to try and avoid is still advised. Unknown thus far if there are any prerequisites for the Eldertaur in using Apocalyptic Ray.
# Eldertaur will use draw-in.

Never seen this when i used to solo/duo it, in talk section there's more.

I've had it use Draw In before the Dec 12th path. I just think it does it rarely. --Roskink 04:52, 15 December 2008 (UTC)

Has used it before the December update. They just use it very, very rarely. I have done this ENM twice after the update and we have not noticed a difference. Haven't seen it posted anywhere else, but they do share hate too (this has always been the case). -- Orubicon 21:49, 20 December 2008 (UTC)

Hmmm.

Hmmm is right. This is exactly why I am asking. A lot of the comments posted about this ENM seem to conflict with one another. Anyway, unless someone posts an experience I guess I will just have to try it and see. Thanks again!
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-28 07:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird, I used to solo this ENM all the time on BLM and never ran into that.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 08:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Weird, I used to solo this ENM all the time on BLM and never ran into that.
Sometimes mobs just don't do stuff. Like the T2 vnm in altep.. I know a guy the first 4 times he fought it it 2hrd for it's first tp move and killed him. The first 30 or so times I did it it never used it once lol
 Bismarck.Nalien
Server: Bismarck
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-01-28 08:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Manafont > Ga3 = lol (at least duo)

otherwise, it is still soloable with relative ease, yes.

I've done it recently and have not witnessed any form of Draw-In.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 08:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

idk I stopped trying to do it after I once waited 2+ hours just for the ice to clear so I could get in... after all the climbing and stuff lol. So yeah haven't done it in ages
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-28 08:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I used to do it all the time for money, TONS of times and it has never done that so idk. Easily solo by BLM, think I have a vid of it on my youtube or maybe that was a duo. Just buff up > ES sleep big one > manafont kill little and then grav/bind/nuke kite the big. Only can be slept with ES.
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-01-28 08:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm can sleep them without much trouble at 351 enfeebling magic ftr
[+]