In Game Pet Peeves.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » In game pet peeves.
In game pet peeves.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 19 20 21
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-01-24 12:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

4. I hate jobists..okay I know some jobs are better than others at specific things but the loljob thing really gets to me...mostly because of this reason-

Back in the day when I was lvling my dnc, had to listen to people complain, including my own BF saying things like 'I wish you could just hurry and finish your dnc so you can start on something USEFUL and I dont have to deal with it anymore'...well nowadays my dnc sees the most action, in abyssea I tend to outdo the healers, tanks, pullers etc, often at the same time, and I cant even rub it in his face that my DNC is now more desired by people than his PLD ):

Lol
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-24 12:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If a dnc is outhealing a whm in abyssea, the person in your party is most likely a down's syndrome patient. Unless by healer, you mean smn/whm or something.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-24 12:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

my last thing is when running an LS event people/friends will get mad at me if I don't respond to them within 2 minutes they will ask questions like {Where?} is the event because they are arriving late (even though you could easily find out what zone we are in), or they're asking what job to come. I'm the only WHM usually busy keeping our tank alive depending on the mob spamming cures and -na's full time everyone knows that I'm our only WHM and that I get 900+ tells each event on top of having to tell everyone where to go, what to do, what we need to proc etc for each fight. These people rage @ me and then say something like FINE THEN NEVERMIND I'LL GO EXP YOU DON'T WANT ME!!!1! then I have to send /t's saying I'm sorry I'm not trying to ignore I'm just busy atm

inb4youcanlowmaneverythinginabyssea

we like helping as many people get atmas/wins as possible regardless if a MNK (NIN THF etc) and I can low man it :)

Quetzalcoatl.Dijana said:
well nowadays my dnc sees the most action, in abyssea I tend to outdo the healers

wat?
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-01-24 12:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Odin.Skeero said:
zoom zoom....chocobo jig

That's it! Is it you? <.< .... >.> .... /trip!

Not me, but i also would like to trip him/her down the stairs.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-24 12:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Andevom said:
People who don't pass or cast lots on things in the treasure pool when people are waiting. You see the stuff drop, do something. This is especially annoying in WoE, where coins in the treasure pool affect how much treasure you get in the coffer, and people just let them sit there.

lol this especially when everyone knows we've been farming a pop item.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-01-24 12:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Asura.Andevom said:
People who don't pass or cast lots on things in the treasure pool when people are waiting. You see the stuff drop, do something. This is especially annoying in WoE, where coins in the treasure pool affect how much treasure you get in the coffer, and people just let them sit there.

STFU TWEEEK!! NO ONE CARES WHAT YOUR PEEVES ARE SO JUST EFF OFF!! YOU GO EFF URSELF SIR!! EFF YOU IN THE EFFIN PLACE WHERE PEOPLE GET EFF'D YOU ***!!!

and haaii ^^!!
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-24 12:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu said:
People who manage to play the game without ever looking at their chatlog. Having to repeatedly tell your mages to cure you or paralyna you. Explaining to everyone how a certain nm works and when not to melee, and finding out when you pop that not a single person listened. Basically my pet peeve is partying with people who i am surprised they figured out how to turn on their pc, let alone install the game load it up and accept a pt invite.

lol this used to piss me off, I think I've done enough runs with most people I play with now that everyone "gets it" but before it did not matter how much you told people something :)
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-24 12:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Hanbok said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Asura.Andevom said:

STFU TWEEEK!! NO ONE CARES WHAT YOUR PEEVES ARE SO JUST EFF OFF!! YOU GO EFF URSELF SIR!! EFF YOU IN THE EFFIN PLACE WHERE PEOPLE GET EFF'D YOU ***!!!

and haaii ^^!!

lmao @ least when I ignore this guy he will just wait it out and not get mad @ me :)

CAPS LOCK another one :) unless it's Derfthegalka
By endlessrapture 2011-01-24 12:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the time when people do this it is for 1 of 2 reasons, to either show off what they have so people wont buy it or because it was a gift by an in game friend.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-24 12:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

endlessrapture said:
Most of the time when people do this it is for 1 of 2 reasons, to either show off what they have so people wont buy it or because it was a gift by an in game friend.

yea but in both cases most people dgaf
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-24 13:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Gilgamesh.Hanbok said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Asura.Andevom said:

and haaii ^^!!

lmao @ least when I ignore this guy he will just wait it out and not get mad @ me :)

yeah, Derf is the only one who can get away with typing in all caps.

lovey-dovery emotes.
 Gilgamesh.Hanbok
user: hanbok
By Gilgamesh.Hanbok 2011-01-24 13:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Gilgamesh.Hanbok said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Asura.Andevom said:

and haaii ^^!!

yeah, Derf is the only one who can get away with typing in all caps.

lovey-dovery emotes.

Derfy definitely gets a free pass lol
By endlessrapture 2011-01-24 13:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Back in the day, running to catch the air ship and the air ship sees you and is like "no, *** you" and takes off right before you touch it.

Why you gotta be such a ***, Air ship? Huh?

LMAO *** yeah!! I am on board with that ***. Has happened to many times!!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-24 13:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

endlessrapture said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
Back in the day, running to catch the air ship and the air ship sees you and is like "no, *** you" and takes off right before you touch it.

ppl in my LS would know if I missed the airship when out of nowhere I go "holyfuckinggoddamnshitcuntfucker!"
By endlessrapture 2011-01-24 13:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My biggest pet peeve is people that constantly *** about other Characters!! Who gives a *** if they want to play that way then let them. Like it is going to ruin your RL if you don't *** to as many ppl as you can about someone's character. Get a RL
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2011-01-24 13:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
endlessrapture said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:

ppl in my LS would know if I missed the airship when out of nowhere I go "holyfuckinggoddamnshitcuntfucker!"

Most annoying is when you and a friend are going some place and you both are taking the ship, but your friend is running a bit behind you so they ask to check when the boat is leaving. You check and the boat takes off right as you get to it. Had you not checked for your friend, you would have made it.

Yeah, you'd still have to wait for your friend to catch the next even if you had made it... but fml that's so lame.
By Leonlionheart 2011-01-24 13:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet peeve:
#1: Players that ignore me.
#2: Players that refuse to take turns spawning NMs. Big NMs I can understand because of time restrictions on events and such, but seal NMs? COME ON. Then they macro it, then I macro it, then they turn out to be JP players and posses JP buttons.
#3: Server delay between Japanese players in japan, and ME. Camping time spawn NMs against JP players is next to impossible if they are competent players. Refer to number 2 for ??? spawns. Refer to number 1 whenever you try to even talk to them.
#4: Dhalmel jokes. Pandemonium never had them. Asura has them daily.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-24 14:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dhalmel + Hume = Elvaan

I'd say my biggest pet peeve is the overall elitism that's been structurally integrated into FF's culture. Number crunching is fine and all, and being efficient is great, but chill the *** out people. It's not healthy to be that smug and angry.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tomtomz
Server: Ragnarok
user: tomtomz
By Ragnarok.Tomtomz 2011-01-24 14:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

People That Capitalize Every Word In A Sentence.
- LoL
- l0l
- etc..

People that think it's impossible for you to know that one thing is better than another just because you don't have it. Masamune will do more damage than Amano(For now?), deal with it.

Getting only 1 helm from Briareus :(
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
Server: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2011-01-24 14:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunder IV*

Sons, I am disappoint.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-24 14:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Dhalmel + Hume = Elvaan

I'd say my biggest pet peeve is the overall elitism that's been structurally integrated into FF's culture. Number crunching is fine and all, and being efficient is great, but chill the *** out people. It's not healthy to be that smug and angry.

agreed
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-24 14:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Leif said:
Share some more Flion!

"Creature of fire, vent your ire"

I had others too, but I really forget them
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-01-24 14:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Son of stone, Crush and break bone!

Father of fire, lift your flames higher.

Sister of wind, Howl and rend.

Daughter of water, drown these fodder.

Mother of cold, bite and take hold.

Weird crazy uncle of the void, do not rest til all is destroyed.

Cousin of light, reveal your might.

Family dog, howl all night long.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-24 14:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

See it's fun!

My pulling macro was:

Fishing@<t>.com
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-01-24 15:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I only had a few personal macros and i usually end up annoying myself first so i take em off but

i had a shoop da woop macro on key blast

Ima firin mah lazors (then shoop da woop face with alt codes)

and i had onamonapatea on my blm spells

thunder spells
BZZZT!!

wind spells
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!

ice spells
Brrrrrrrrr!

fire spells
CRACKLE!

earth spells
CRUNCH

drain spells
SLUUURPP!
 Sylph.Gredival
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-01-24 16:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:

PUPs are badass. I play with someone who's PUP does crazy ***. I think the issue is that they do a bunch of different stuff, and nobody can really slap a single role tag(Tank, DD, Healer, etc) on them, so they get scared and just mock it. I've been in parties where the PUP main healed, switched up to Nuke once we got a healer, and even tanked when necessary. Maybe they don't like being emasculated by a guy with a jester's cap and toy.

The problem is that in this game there are too many jobs, and the fact that we can switch jobs means that hybrids are pointless unless you are trying to push the limits and lowman something. Optimum efficiency/speed is usually best served by having a pure DD, pure nuker, and a pure healer rather than three hybrids. Therefore in ideal circumstances it's never really the case that PUP is optimal.

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
people say lolPUP until we outparse them and make them feel bad.

They're bad.

Unsurprising given the majority of people who play this game are bad. Last pick up EXP group I joined as a level 75 I still led the parse, even with all the 80s+ having crutch Perle gear to give them the haste they never had before.

You aren't beating a full DD at the top of his game though. No way, no how.
[+]
 Asura.Kresaera
Server: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2011-01-24 16:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

endlessrapture said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
Back in the day, running to catch the air ship and the air ship sees you and is like "no, *** you" and takes off right before you touch it. Why you gotta be such a ***, Air ship? Huh?

omg bluespoons, I must say you are hilarious! I can see the airship pulling away like our boat of dreams without us on it. (general us)

One time I had my heart set on going to sandy to get woodworking stuff and I got to the boat guy and he said 'Boat leaves in less than an hour...(1 minute earth time)' So I book it to the boat and I could see the boat but I could not board it. If there was a way for me to kick the boat I would have.

Siren.Demetreos said:
Thunder IV* Sons, I am disappoint.

I'm gonna come to Siren just to get this scroll =(
[+]
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-01-24 17:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said:

Unsurprising given the majority of people who play this game are bad. Last pick up EXP group I joined as a level 75 I still led the parse, even with all the 80s+ having crutch Perle gear to give them the haste they never had before.

You aren't beating a full DD at the top of his game though. No way, no how.

#7 Elitists like this guy ^
[+]
 Sylph.Gredival
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-01-24 17:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
#7 Elitists like this guy ^

#1 scrubs like this pink THF ^
[+]