In Game Pet Peeves.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » In game pet peeves.
In game pet peeves.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Melisenna
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Melisenna 2011-01-23 21:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

SMNs at 90 wearing INT and MND gear. I can understand pre-50 when you really dont have many options and don't want to be naked. There really is no excuse after 50. I mean ***, I saw one with an ohat on the other day, and no there were not meleeing or skilling up staff/club/anything.
[+]
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-01-23 21:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

pld's
[+]
 Leviathan.Melisenna
By Leviathan.Melisenna 2011-01-23 21:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
pld's
^ PLD's who think they're still relevant/needed/an asset, and continue to act like princesses.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-23 21:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, PLDs look cool ok
[+]
 Leviathan.Melisenna
By Leviathan.Melisenna 2011-01-23 21:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

True... unless they're galka.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-01-23 21:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Melisenna said:
Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
pld's
^ PLD's who think they're still relevant/needed/an asset, and continue to act like princesses.

^ PLD's who say they won't die to some mob. Of course you won't you won't even have hate
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-01-23 22:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

People who come /nin for an abyssea AF3 seal NM, but none of the Ni elemental wheel spells to stagger yellow. (not the tools, the spells)
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-24 00:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:
People who come /nin for an abyssea AF3 seal NM, but none of the Ni elemental wheel spells to stagger yellow. (not the tools, the spells)

Yes.

Also bards that don't have all 8 elemental threnody songs, or don't know which one corresponds to each elemental day of the week.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-01-24 00:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Old peeve ala 2007: Bards with a God complex.

Timeless peeve: People who beg for help but never show up to return the favor or to events.

Personal peeve: Dual claimers & Campaign Soloers that drag a mob to BFE.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-24 00:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

People who /tell you for atma/title/etc. when you're tanking and not even pt lead. Seriously, /tell one of the other ppl in the pt.
[+]
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2011-01-24 00:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Meh, i guess people asking if anyone is going doesnt really bother me. Not like most people bring 18 people with them to do these things and if im doing it for something and we have the space, ill usually bring them along since they arent hurting me at all by being there.

But, I also get the feeling a lot of people wont do anything for anyone else they get something in return.
too many times I've had ***that i worked for jacked by people that show up at the last minute "just needing the kill" when the leader doesn't notice they jacked the ***
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-24 00:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
People who /tell you for atma/title/etc. when you're tanking and not even pt lead. Seriously, /tell one of the other ppl in the pt.
GARY MOTHERFUCKING OAK.

WE MEET AGAIN.

Also, I agree with this. Though I struggle to find who the leader is half the time.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-24 00:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple enough to do a /sea and look for the yellow names.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-24 00:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Simple enough to do a /sea and look for the yellow names.
Ah, I didn't know this. Thanks.

Not that I've ever sent /tells to a tank asking for those things.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-24 00:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, yea was just tanking Rani and for some reason out of the entire ally there (ls event, not private run for me), all the red/blue !! ppl just standing after their job was done doing nothing, everybody who wanted in was sending me /tells. must have had 6 or 7 ppl trying to get in through me alone during that fight
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-24 00:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good pet peeve then.

Pet peeve: Getting annoying tells from dozens of people when you're clearly busy keeping yourself alive. :|
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2011-01-24 00:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in the day, running to catch the air ship and the air ship sees you and is like "no, *** you" and takes off right before you touch it.

Why you gotta be such a ***, Air ship? Huh?
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-24 01:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Back in the day, running to catch the air ship and the air ship sees you and is like "no, *** you" and takes off right before you touch it.

Why you gotta be such a ***, Air ship? Huh?
Every time I see that the airship is already there, I'm like "Fuuuuuuck I better hurry."

Never know how long it's been there. :S
[+]
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-01-24 01:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

#6 Racists.

#7 People who say "X" job is dead or "X" job is worthless. Its pointless and causes a bias when it comes time for invites.

I used to have to wait days to do things on bst because of this kind of nonsense.

Even tho when i finally did get to do something i always did great and parsed high and usually did something extra that "saved the day"

it didnt matter i still would have a hard time finding activities to do because at the time it was "common knowledge" that Bst was worthless.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-01-24 01:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

PPL who haven't updated their FFXIAH profiles since a server merge or jump (so they still only have lvl 75 jobs)... You guys are so cool.....
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-24 01:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
PPL who haven't updated their FFXIAH profiles since a server merge or jump (so they still only have lvl 75 jobs)... You guys are so cool.....

Me personally, I just like to keep all my posts on one character.
[+]
 Cerberus.Stefanos
Server: Cerberus
user: Stefanos
By Cerberus.Stefanos 2011-01-24 01:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

But I still keep mine updated, somewhat.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Noutoko 2011-01-24 01:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to WoE with my brother and friends, random people showing up in the battle area and standing in the cornor doing nothing but lotting coins and winning them.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-24 01:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah i just relized one for me at least...

I've been in abyssea since it came out 95% of the time, So now when i'm not in abyssea i fear of getting Ruby lights and or always wonder where my temps are....

le sigh

Edit: oh and after every kill, wait to see "The monster was concealing a treasure Chest"
-.-
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-01-24 02:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:

#6 Racists.

#7 People who say "X" job is dead or "X" job is worthless. Its pointless and causes a bias when it comes time for invites.

I used to have to wait days to do things on bst because of this kind of nonsense.

Even tho when i finally did get to do something i always did great and parsed high and usually did something extra that "saved the day"

it didnt matter i still would have a hard time finding activities to do because at the time it was "common knowledge" that Bst was worthless.

I face #6 far more when I'm cuddle, like ppl refusing to raise, help & so on because "eww I'm not gonna help that fatass galka!" So you don't like a fictional race, well guess what? others do and you need to learn to get over it. I do get racism as Tohi but more so when I'm duoing with my bf cause "eww he's a fatass galka! Y U NO LIKE ELVAAN?!?!?! Q_Q"
[+]
 Shiva.Briseia
Server: Shiva
user: Briseia
By Shiva.Briseia 2011-01-24 02:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

My pet peeve- people who are too lazy to look up stuff on wiki for themselves ("What npc do I talk to for XYZ mission?"). Especially when I point out wiki to them and it just gets ignored. And then they get upset when I ignore them. Seriously, I should not have to pull up wiki for you. We need a let me google that for you site for wiki. -.-

/endrant

Also I concur with others who were saying people who ask the same question that was just answered in pt chat ("what conflux?" "Three other people just asked that........................")
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2011-01-24 02:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet another pet peeve of mine is people who are racist, nationalist, or jobist.

A, race has very little impact on the overall usefulness of a character. Because of how various stats influence each job differently, race is more of an aid to play a job one way over another, rather than dictating how useful he is at that job. I've had the same ratio of great people to not-so-great people on all 5 races of each gender.

B, people who take patriotism to a really dumb level just get under my skin. The best example of this I could think of was in a CoP static. The 5 of them were San d'Orian and I was the only person from Bastok. I actually underwent relentless, annoying torment for like 3 hours before the event was over and I quit the static. Jokingly saying "Lastok" or "Suck d'Orally" is fine once in a while, but there's no reason to initiate Vana'diel World War I over it.

C, people who take the whole "lolJOB" thing too far. It's true that some jobs aren't the most useful in the game right now, but each update those jobs change, and by the time we've settled in at Lv.99 I think we're going to see a really good balance of usefulness between each job. Until then, though, seeing people openly mocked for playing jobs that they probably worked really hard on is just ridiculous.

Just remember guys, it's a game. Have fun, but don't be a smeg-head about it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 19 20 21