In Game Pet Peeves.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » In game pet peeves.
In game pet peeves.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 20 21
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-23 18:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Octaviane said:
Loved all these posts!

My pet peeves:

The level 90 whatever who brags to anyone who will listen about how they have this, that, and the next thing as far as gear/weapons/etc/ad infinitum/ad nauseum are concerned, but can't make sure, even with a week's notice that they have a Rank Mission unlocked and key item obtained if needed. Have no maps, no way out if they get in trouble, blah, blah, blah, then complain because they get one-shotted by a level 71 BLM NM in Davoi. (oh! but I am the greatest, why did I die?) OMFG! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Players who have gone from regular AF to AF3. No Dynamis, Limbus, Sky or Nyzul gear. Aren't there still some good pieces worth having?

Players who complain that they have no gil to buy even the basic things everyone should carry. Alchemy and Cooking are easy to level to the point where you can make money. You can do this while waiting in Jeuno for an Abyssea shout.........................LOL

Very few pieces of relic,sky,limbus, nyzul gear is useful right now and most are hardly needed.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-23 18:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Really, is a soloing dnc really that big of a deal? Why not just offer to help for a faster kill, they're most likely soloing because no will help them anyway.

Don't work like that on Sylph. Get a shitload of "oh i just wanted to see if I could solo this NM"
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-23 18:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Octaviane said:
Players who have gone from regular AF to AF3. No Dynamis, Limbus, Sky or Nyzul gear. Aren't there still some good pieces worth having?

Not that many groups do these things anymore. Sure there's still some gear worth having, but most of it isn't *that* important, and if it is, there's still the problem of finding a group to help.

Lots of people have been leveling new jobs since it's easier, some people have started new characters etc... it just isn't that practical to get old gear anymore. You can lowman everything nowadays, but that requires having (enough?) friends, etc, and/or having the jobs to Solo Limbus/Sky.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-23 18:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, once a dnc was solo'ing Ovni during blunt and I'm like man, look. I'm on mnk. I'll proc blue !! for you and you can have all drops, I just want to kill this faster so it will repop in blunt time, so I can proc !! when I get the mob.

Guy still wouldn't let me hel phim kill it faster.
[+]
 Sylph.Bowserx
user: Garasu
By Sylph.Bowserx 2011-01-23 18:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

BLMs who wear full teal all the time lol
[+]
 Asura.Rekin
Server: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2011-01-23 18:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Nyota said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
People full timing twilight helm and mail. Yes its good WS gear. dont TP in it.
If I had twilight mail I'd be tping in it. Blows away many previous pieces for both tp and ws.

You are right about the helm though

Im not sure what job you have, but all the jobs that can use twilight can use a haste body too

Edit: wait does sam?

I cap haste on WAR with just W.turb, Timarli Dastamas, Blitz,Goading, +2legs, +1 Feet. Leaving my body free to use w/e i like.

Its Twilight Mail right now, Cause theres nothing better for me right now. (Except +2 body and/or Askar for the Store TP if you're not getting 6/5-hit another way)

But not the helm >.O! So at least one of the jobs can cap haste without Body D:.

Also, My Pet peeve?

*** Dancer's Soloing mobs. I know, "QQ more", this is a QQ Thread, I hate nothing more than watching a DNC take 30 minutes to solo some mob with people standing around them (All of them are praying the DNC dies btw) while it widdles its HP from 100% to 0% without procing a single weakness, essentially wasting the mob just for the sake of "yay, i can solo it! look at me!"

BIG *** DEAL, So can half the other game! get some *** friends and at least try to proc yellow if You're after Seals! Red if you're after the KI! and Blue if you're after the drop!

/nerdrage.

its a QQ Thread! blow me ;; i can rage if i want.

Really, is a soloing dnc really that big of a deal? Why not just offer to help for a faster kill, they're most likely soloing because no will help them anyway. Has nothing to do with arrogance, it's getting ***done yourself instead of sitting around waiting/shouting for help.

Also, pet peeve of mine, groups that sit around waiting for me to die while I'm soloing NMs.
I would and have offered but get rejected because X person thinks we'll steal mob or w/e reason.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-01-23 18:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing perle,aurore,teal...dunno why but that makes my blood boil, army of SMNs with garuda out
[+]
 Cerberus.Nutt
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-23 18:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero said:
When people bazaar crap for 99,999,999 gil. I've been casually looking for a Genbu pop set as of late, and you'd be surprised how often I see this. Obviously no one is buying truelove chocolate or rocksalt for 100 mil. I don't get it...
I had Utsusemi Ichi in my Bazaar for 1,000,000 gil. I only put things there for that much, because I don't want to drop it by accident, nor do I want people to buy it. Some people put signed items there as a 'dedication' for friends who have left the game or significant others. Finally, some people do it because they don't want to see the "linkshell dot" above their name.
I remember once I put one byne bills in my bazaar for 600k each and someone bought 13 of them :D

NICE!! I need to setup my bazaar again!!!
[+]
 Valefor.Nyota
Server: Valefor
user: Nyota21
By Valefor.Nyota 2011-01-23 18:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm definitly playing on the wrong servers, I wish some random group would offer procs for me. I'd even stick around and help them for an hour or so.
[+]
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2011-01-23 19:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

People who think they know more about the game just because they have played longer, you don't know nuthin!
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2011-01-23 19:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

People who refer to their character as a 'toon'

>.<
[+]
 Sylph.Deathknight
By Sylph.Deathknight 2011-01-23 19:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Those who still confuse (Buy?) with (Sell?) and vice versa.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-23 19:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What drives me nuts....

1. How about all the damn people who stand around afk at the Abyssea npcs and lag everyone out.

YES. I completely understand that you need to stand there ALL day so the moment you get online, you can pick up your last stone because you still don't know how to manage time in Abyssea.

2. People non stop shouting what they are 'interested in' or shouts for boss/cac wins.

/shout WHM head paper can I have it? please invite me

/shout Glavoid win Can I have it? Sippoy / Rani / Raja win can I have it?

No pop set? Nothing to contribute? I guess I should still go out of my way and make a slot for them in my party to make their dreams come true. Lazy *** Asurans.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-23 19:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said:
All the people afk right at the MH entrance in Port Jeuno. -.-

God help me if I don't move straight away when I exit my MH, or if I don't run straight into MH when I've gone up the stairs.

After reading that I'm off to afk @ port jeuno just a little beyond the entrance to block you. That wall there is....ridiculous. I usually go from LJ and zone down because it is faster.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-01-23 19:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My pet peeve (even though I don't play anymore)

Wanna really know?

People who think their king of the world, or otherwise think their too good to help out.

People who *** about stupid insignificant things ... for no reason (not aiming that at anyone, just a generalized /rage, seen it alot in the game)

Idiots... and I know there are a TON of them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-23 19:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Hell, once a dnc was solo'ing Ovni during blunt and I'm like man, look. I'm on mnk. I'll proc blue !! for you and you can have all drops, I just want to kill this faster so it will repop in blunt time, so I can proc !! when I get the mob.

Guy still wouldn't let me hel phim kill it faster.

Not really hard to blame him. These days people are so *** cutthroat can you really expect a complete stranger to not ninja loot your ***and leave?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-23 19:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Echandra said:

What drives me nuts....

1. How about all the damn people who stand around afk at the Abyssea npcs and lag everyone out.

YES. I completely understand that you need to stand there ALL day so the moment you get online, you can pick up your last stone because you still don't know how to manage time in Abyssea.

2. People non stop shouting what they are 'interested in' or shouts for boss/cac wins.

/shout WHM head paper can I have it? please invite me

/shout Glavoid win Can I have it? Sippoy / Rani / Raja win can I have it?

No pop set? Nothing to contribute? I guess I should still go out of my way and make a slot for them in my party to make their dreams come true. Lazy *** Asurans.
They're on sylph too
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-23 19:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, i guess people asking if anyone is going doesnt really bother me. Not like most people bring 18 people with them to do these things and if im doing it for something and we have the space, ill usually bring them along since they arent hurting me at all by being there.

But, I also get the feeling a lot of people wont do anything for anyone else they get something in return.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-01-23 19:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

<call#> macros (Unless its pulling ones with <call 14> or any of the not so loud ones)

/emote & job emote macros...Yes the blm wings are cool but really please stop using them for EVERY SINGLE SPELL

[+]
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-01-23 19:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
<call#> macros (Unless its pulling ones with <call 14> or any of the not so loud ones)

/emote & job emote macros...Yes the blm wings are cool but really please stop using them for EVERY SINGLE SPELL

Call macros irritate me too. And /p macros for normal stuff like curing, calling an avatar, raising someone, etc. I used to have a call in my pull macro, just because I would pull and run back to camp and the tank would be afk and it would annoy me. But having a call in it was annoying too, so I took it out. There's only one call macro I have now, and it is the absolute most annoying, loud, obnoxious, evil call ever. It's for my shadowbind macro on rng. I didn't used to have a call in it at all, but in my old sky ls I was rng every time to bind Sieryu and Suzaku for their 2hours. And every time, no joke, someone would break the bind. So I added a horrifying, ear-bleeding, rage-inducing call and started spamming the macro until the melees got off the mobs before I would bind. It was amazing and wonderful how fast people started getting off them for me after that. >.> But I don't really use that macro anymore, since I no longer do sky. Calls are evil.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-23 19:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerb also.

I can relate to a lot of these pet peeves, but these two are the worst for me:

Especially the second one. It's so annoying when I say 'Ok gather at Abyssea-Vunkerl for feet seal farming,' then someone 1 minute later says 'Which area are we going to?'. It's also annoying when people don't read the LS message when it states what event is going on that day, and they'll ask 'Anything going on tonight?'. Ugh.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nutt
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-23 19:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
<call#> macros (Unless its pulling ones with <call 14> or any of the not so loud ones) /emote & job emote macros...Yes the blm wings are cool but really please stop using them for EVERY SINGLE SPELL

OMG when I was level 64ish, in a Xarcabard (S) tiger manaburn party, our puller had the Pull macro set to the horn! That was SOOO annoying.

Most of the job emotes annoy me. I suppose they would be cooler if you could change the words to them.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-01-23 19:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol yeah ;;. I hate my own shadowbind macro. But gosh dang, I almost rage-strangled the melees in that ls, and then of course I would get scolded if the bind didn't stick. /grumble
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-23 19:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember i pt'd w/ a nin that had

/em sexy jutsu

every time she did utsusemi
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-23 19:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Lol yeah ;;. I hate my own shadowbind macro. But gosh dang, I almost rage-strangled the melees in that ls, and then of course I would get scolded if the bind didn't stick. /grumble
I love my shadowbind macro. I'd use it for other ppl to shadowbind cause i don't have rng lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2011-01-23 19:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

People who complain about ppl asking to leech in Abyssea and fail to realize that it is now virtually impossible to level any job 30-75 without leeching in Abyssea, by simple merit that there are no longer any parties in those levels.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Melisenna
By Leviathan.Melisenna 2011-01-23 20:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dijana said:
1. People shouting or putting in the seacom to be keyperson in abyssea...I dunno, but I've never seen that spot go to random pickup person. Always reserved for leader/friend of leader
I disagree with that. I tend to make alot of Abyssea exp runs, and I don't want to waste my cruor on keys. I prefer to keep it for brews. Same goes for my friends.
I usually leech then find another random person to key. Or I exp properly and let a friend leech, while a random person keys.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-23 20:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
1) Full Aurore.

2) Beggers.

3) Confluxes.

No one cares what you think.
[+]