In Game Pet Peeves.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » In game pet peeves.
In game pet peeves.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-25 06:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Cerberus.Liandaru said:
People who do shouts for a run for damn difficult quest or missing (think Ark Angels/Divine Might) and when members of the alliance ask repeatedly if there's anything they should know about this beforehand, they don't tell alliance members to check a certain spot for a certain cutscene so half the alliance doesn't get their earring and stands around for 15 minutes after the fight is over wondering why their item didn't drop, then all of a sudden, the alliance leader says "It tells you on Wiki what you had to do". Well maybe that certain player wasn't on a pc, maybe his wife was on the pc and didn't think to look up Divine Might for him and tell him what to do because she thought someone competent was leading the alliance and would give everyone the knowledge they needed. ***.

ahem...sorry, needed to get that off my chest. happened to someone I know.../rageoff.

Then someone you know happens to be lazy and stupid.

It is very rare for someone to not be able to actually look up what they are going to be doing. Most of the time it is that old "my computer doesn't work anymore" (because they are *** technologicaly challenged). People who expect to have their hand held are just annoying and useless spot fillers that might be able to do the task at hand.

I have put together DM runs and those people are annoying. "Hurr, what do I have to do since I am so challenged and or illiterate I can not get a *** clue".

If they did could not figure out to get a single CS, the only footwork of this quest outside of having the BCNM item most people do not even get, then I am glad they did not get the earring when they did it.

Anyway, NN

Ok, I'll bite. I'll probably regret it, but oh well.

Yes, I'm lazy and stupid. I'm lazy and stupid because I joined a shout group of players who have done this fight before and claimed to know what they were doing. I'm lazy and stupid for asking what needed to be done prior to the fight. I'm lazy and stupid for asking this at least twice. I'm lazy and stupid for playing on a console and not having access to wiki at the time, and for assuming since the leader of the run had wiki open the whole time, he'd speak up if there was an additional CS or whatnot.

tl; dr
I'm lazy and stupid.
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-25 06:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Liandaru said:
You sir are illiterate if you couldn't read through the lines. I was on the computer at the time my husband was doing DM trying to rid this POS of some gd std it got from whoring around with other computers. These "annoying people" you talk about may not always have access to a pc. If someone is putting together a run like this, it is a leader's responsibility to ensure that all alliance members know what is going on. When the first question was asked, he should have either told the alliance members what to do or referred them to Wiki. I have no problem with people telling higher level players to go to Wiki seeing as they should be intimately familiar with it, it's just the general attitude of everyone for themselves and no one really wants to help anyone else anymore.

I don't blame the leader, really. The majority of players had done it before, so they probably just assumed everyone else did to, or at least were in that mindset. The run was really rushed with people needing to log, so it probably just slipped.

If anything, I'm more disappointed in the shitty in-game mechanic that gives me the win, but doesn't give the key item. Nothing else in the game works that way; if I go to Nyzule Isle, I can fight on higher floors with others all day and get drops, but no win.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-25 06:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a PC that can use the internet. Problem solved.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-25 06:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Get a PC that can use the internet. Problem solved.

You buyin'?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-25 06:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, idiot. If you can't afford something that's capable of running the internet, you probably shouldn't be on this game in the first place should you?
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-25 06:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
lol, idiot. If you can't afford something that's capable of running the internet, you probably shouldn't be on this game in the first place should you?

Affording it's not the issue(thanks for calling me an idiot, that was a little uncalled for, ***). We have a PC that runs just fine. Liandaru plays FF on it. I'm not buying a second PC just to play a 9 year old MMO that works fine for my console. ***.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-01-25 06:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaguarx said:
People who quit the game and then jump on various forums and try to act all anarchist, calling everyone out.
Example: "Dis gaMe suX ya'll should quit and get a REaL LifE!!!!"

My reply:
"Isn't this the same game you were addicted to yourself for the past MILLION days of playtime? You quit that's nice, now GTFO and let those of us who still enjoy the game play in peace."

Yes! Yes!! YES!!! 1000x this!!!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-25 06:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Affording it's not the issue(thanks for calling me an idiot, that was a little uncalled for, ***). We have a PC that runs just fine. Liandaru plays FF on it. I'm not buying a second PC just to play a 9 year old MMO that works fine for my console. ***.

Then you obviously had access to wiki, nobody's fault but yours. Why should other people feed you information you can get yourself?
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-25 06:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Then you obviously had access to wiki, nobody's fault but yours. Why should other people feed you information you can get yourself?

Honestly? Because I didn't think I had to. I never have before. I went on a run with a lot of people who had done it before who I assumed knew what they were doing. I asked around, they said I didn't need to do anything, so I thought we were good. If the leader had said something like "yeah, there's a CS somewhere else, wiki it" then I would have. The PC was in use seeing as how Liandaru was in an exp party on it, so my first thought wasn't "Hey! GTFO and let me look up something even though the leader said there's nothing to look up!"

And I wasn't expecting him to "feed me info", since I had directly asked a couple of times. I didn't just join the party and stand there. I asked. They said nadda.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-01-25 10:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ahlyana said:
people can't spell some of the most common terms and words within the world of FFXI. lol

Complete after me : Newton ....
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-01-25 11:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

3. people that cry about people full-timeing gear when you can just go load up on atma in abby
4. the no-life loser that cry's about the .3 difference the gear-swap macro would make after all the atma

Anyone who thinks like this. If you were playing any other game online and you were doing a shitty job, people would boot you in a heartbeat.

Terrible players should only play with other terrible players if they don't want to be judged. Hell, make a ls of all the "it's my 12.95" players you can find, and do your thing.

If you want to run with people who care about being good at the game, expect to be called out for being bad at it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rienea
Server: Bahamut
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Rienea 2011-01-25 12:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said:
1. no level requirement in abby
2. asshats that say lol<job>
3. people that cry about people full-timeing gear when you can just go load up on atma in abby
4. the no-life loser that cry's about the .3 difference the gear-swap macro would make after all the atma
5. someone actully bitching about ppl playing drunk or stoned....cmon man >.> ,sounds like you need to hit this blunt then play this ***.
6. the lack of good consule rpg's in the last 7-8 years making me play ff11 all the time.

People like this.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-25 12:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Ahlyana said:
people can't spell some of the most common terms and words within the world of FFXI. lol

Movalopamalous!!!!!
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-25 12:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Ahlyana said:

Movalopamalous!!!!!

Movapottamus?
By richwood 2011-01-25 12:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet peeves: Mrrr...Clueless People! Ways to get a clue-BG/Wiki/FFXI-forums of any sort/Old school Somepage.com & allakhazam.com.

And secondly: The opposing side of this FFXI-NERD-RAGE(</sigh>, Its a game!)
By sefalon 2011-01-25 14:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not a fan of the bazaar 99999999999999 either and the weak *** excuses people use to justify doing it. If u don't want to drop it put it on your mog house. Nobody cares that joeblow got you love chocolate this is not high school musical. If u need someone to know you care about them tell them. I wouldn't care if it was people in a party but the ones I am talking about are in upper jueno.

And I am sick of all the ls and party chat about all you kids bragging about smoking pot. Like we think you are cool because you talk about being high all day. Even if I smoked now I sure as hell wouldn't go around brodcasting it. This guy in my ls is like im so wasted im just going to tweakout and smoke all day. Someone says get a job...and he goes on to say how he is like a biochemist and makes tons of gil...and that was not a typo he said gil.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-25 14:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

People who talk ***and act afk when you confront them.
By KappoXIV 2011-01-25 14:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Carbuncle.Ahlyana said:

Newton... tab key.

I was a career RDM in FFXI, and it took me forever to get the spelling of "Chapeau" stuck in my head. Errant Houppelande was another favorite of mine.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Darknesss
Server: Lakshmi
user: darknesss
By Lakshmi.Darknesss 2011-01-25 15:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, i got this the other day and kinda pisses me off...

Ok.. i was shouting for an item for 1m then i get random shouts like. (are you that poor you can only offer 1m?) (brew it nub and save money) my thoughts are to either agree to sell said item or stfu...
Or are ppl so bored they have to turn into trolls?
[+]
By richwood 2011-01-25 15:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My shout have been disabled since the release of 2nd abyssea expansion...Try it, it is great.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-01-25 16:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

5. someone actully bitching about ppl playing drunk or stoned....cmon man >.> ,sounds like you need to hit this blunt then play this ***.

seriously
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-25 16:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese said:

seriously

[+]
By Rustytiger 2011-01-25 16:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

1: people taking thier issues and/or frustrations out on other people.

2: when people do not respond to questions being asked by others in a party, alliance, and ls. I don't care if its a yes or no answer, just say something! Piss poor communication doesn't help anybody at all.

3: people critisizing others of thier gear selections, even IF it is a worthy substitute and if they are skilled at their jobs.

4: talking "net speak", "Leet speak" whatever the hell you want to call it. It doens't bother me too much now since I've had people help me translate it but if I hear you using it in your latest HS or College book report (essay, thesis, etc) which I DID hear and is true a few times in events, something is really wrong with you >.>

5: Drama Llamas.

6: Playing the favortisim game during events.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Rustytiger 2011-01-25 17:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rustytiger said:
4: talking "net speak", "Leet speak" whatever the hell you want to call it. It doens't bother me too much now since I've had people help me translate it
Fail.

Hey whatever man. Doesn't bother me a bit, fail or otherwise. I was making a joke out of it anyway. Sue me for having a sense of humor lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-25 17:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Rustytiger said:
Rustytiger said:
4: talking "net speak", "Leet speak" whatever the hell you want to call it. It doens't bother me too much now since I've had people help me translate it
Fail.

Hey whatever man. Doesn't bother me a bit, fail or otherwise. I was making a joke out of it anyway. Sue me for having a sense of humor lol

Sense of humor? What is that? I know not of this sense of humor you speak of.
you are too metal to have one.

but hmmm.
my in game pet peeve would probably beeeee my console freezing up when i zone.
 Sylph.Hyphy
Server: Sylph
user: Hyphy
By Sylph.Hyphy 2011-01-25 17:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

People that play bard and have macros for every song they sing. that in party chat*
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-25 17:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ohgod. i forgot my other pet peeve.
people that don't use macros or gearswap and won't do it even if you set it all up for them.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21