Forum » FFXI » General » Trade macro 101: JPs fear me brah, Mario Party EDI
Trade macro 101: JPs fear me brah, Mario Party EDI
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-21 19:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This post is more for people who play w/ controllers than anything else.

As someone who has used controller for the past 5 years, my trade macro has always been

L2 > X > L2 > X > L2 > X in rapid succession.

Hold L2 > X = trigger once > 3 sec pause, menu comes back up if you were still holding L2.

So when I've tried w/ my keyboard, I've always figured it'd just follow the same pattern, but as I'm sure as many of the keyboard mains already know, when you hold CTRL, the menu stays up and never disappears, so you can just hold CTRL and spam like it's a Mario Party minigame.

Been doing this a while now, just never thought to post about it. Prolly olde, etc, but maybe someone will be able to use it.

Trades galore, etc.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-21 19:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Wut.

Trading what?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-21 19:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hes talking about trading pop items in abyssea.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 20:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

True but doesn't work as well for ??? that aren't there at the time and you are trying to beat people. Especially if they like to bring pesky pets around there.

In which case I like to just use <stnpc> making sure there is at least in one in view to target then change my view so only that one and whatever I want to trade with would be in view... or just whatever I want to trade with and spam tab till the ??? pops and the target changes and hit enter.

But yeah the spam way worked wonders for that sausage quest especially since the menu goes down in the middle of chat so hitting enter still advanced the chat then when done it comes back up and trade again
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ringmastersword 2011-01-21 20:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure its common knowledge for most by now but in case people are new or never in a competitive trade situation its nice to share, thanks. I know I cant do without a good trade macro for *** who cant be polite enough to work ***out in abyssea with other groups so you have to trade spam the ???
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-21 20:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
You can do the exact same thing by holding down whatever the button on your controller is to bring up macros.
W/ my controller, the macro menu disappears after hitting a macro the first time(w/ the confirm button). Then repops shortly after, shortly like 1-2 secs.

If you hold the button then press the corresponding macro number (0-9), it just brings up text as if you're typing.

Certainly doesn't work the same way when I try it w/ controller.

Odin.Blazza said:
Wut.

Trading what?
pop items for NMs
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-21 20:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
True but doesn't work as well for ??? that aren't there at the time and you are trying to beat people. Especially if they like to bring pesky pets around there.

In which case I like to just use <stnpc> making sure there is at least in one in view to target then change my view so only that one and whatever I want to trade with would be in view... or just whatever I want to trade with and spam tab till the ??? pops and the target changes and hit enter.

But yeah the spam way worked wonders for that sausage quest especially since the menu goes down in the middle of chat so hitting enter still advanced the chat then when done it comes back up and trade again
/ignorepet and just popped 6/8 of the last minax bugards w/ 4 groups here trying to pop it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 20:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm didn't know about ignorepet.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-21 20:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, misread your post dasva.

/targetnpc
/item "[insert item here]" <t>

This is what you spam. As soon as it pops, it will target the ??? and trade. Don't need to wait for it to pop can spam while you're waiting.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 20:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah just didn't know you could ignore pet... and you know how people like to bring there pets around npcs you trade and talk to just to be *** even if it isn't something competetive
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-21 20:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Groups didnt want to take turns?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-21 20:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Groups didnt want to take turns?
Negative. Not uncommon w/ the JPs. One group was willing, but if all groups aren't willing, then there's no point cause that one group will just slip in. Though 2/4 were unwilling, so even more pointless.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-21 20:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah see that alot. You take turns with someone or wait for them to finish there last and then some *** just runs up out of nowhere and pops. It's even funnier when they ask you to help them procs because they didn't bring anyone that could raiden thrust
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-01-21 20:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I mostly enjoy the parties that pop the same mob 10+ times and ignore your /tell or /say to pop it once... leaving you no choice but to macro just like above and beat them 99% of the time lol.

Just because your there 1-2 hours doesn't mean you own the damn spot -_-;

But yeah

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Oh, misread your post dasva.

/targetnpc
/item "[insert item here]" <t>

This is what you spam. As soon as it pops, it will target the ??? and trade. Don't need to wait for it to pop can spam while you're waiting.

This 1000x times
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-21 20:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, I was thinking the same as Das, about the ??? not being up yet, so you have to target it before you can hit the trade macro anyway. Now I get what you're saying though, that should work well, I've always just typed out /item "item name" <stnpc> and tried to tab between just the ??? and a pet or one mob as Dasva said, so as soon as I saw the ??? pop up in my target box I could hit enter, usually works, but your way will be faster still. Thanks.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-21 20:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks it doesnt work on KI pop mobs though :/
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-01-21 20:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Sucks it doesnt work on KI pop mobs though :/
People don't usually have an endless supply of KI pops though, so it's not such an issue. Having said that, I could never be *** competing for an NM when there's more than 1 other group already there, it's never been needed. I haven't really worked on any empy weapons yet either though...
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-01-21 21:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I joined a shout group for Berstuka and after a few pops a random group showed up and started fighting us for the ???. So we decided to team up and alliance. We ended up taking turns. Their group popped one, we all killed it, proc'd, etc. and they kept their drops. Our group then went next and so on. It was a YPYD type of deal. It worked out really well since we were able to share the seals that nobody wanted and/or begand to go 8/8. Unfortunately, not very many people play nice this way.

I hate it when people get all huffy and start saying in /say "Oh you got owned i popped it before you" etc. Just unncessary drama, lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-01-21 21:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Mm, this oughta come in handy. Had quite a few incidents recently with JPs and popping NMs with what seems like as a split second before the ??? pops and just spamming it and being *** about taking turns, etc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-21 22:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
/item "name" <stnpc> is the fastest way to pop with an item.

I'd so win you in a draw tiger lol.
I don't see how it's faster. You have to click the confirm button twice. Once to activate the macro and the other to confirm NPC target.

W/ mine, I got 11 trade attempts in 1 second.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-21 22:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

I'd have to agree here.
Of course, you'd want to be careful, Tiger might chase you down on his bicycle, "brah".

What a dork.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-21 22:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course you agree. It's because you're a moron. Especially agreeing after I just broke it down for Marbrook.

Gj there, Elana. Also, funny to see you still can't get off my nuts. Failed attempt at RL insult, go?

It's well established I ride a bicycle, so what?
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-21 23:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

trolls trolling trolls!
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-21 23:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
trolls trolling trolls!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-01-21 23:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That guy has a huge nose
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-21 23:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Air is free
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-21 23:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats wrong with big noses?
 Odin.Sinharvest
By Odin.Sinharvest 2011-01-21 23:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

I'd have to agree here.
Of course, you'd want to be careful, Tiger might chase you down on his bicycle, "brah".

What a dork.

Although you're very annoying, I did not think you would ever use the real life card on a forum, interesting.
[+]