Forum » FFXI » Servers » Caitsith » looking for help doing rani fight
looking for help doing rani fight
 Caitsith.Brevalaer
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Brevalaer
By Caitsith.Brevalaer 2011-01-21 09:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys just looking for some help doing rani fight as i dont get to play much, and have shouted and asked a couple of shells but they are always full or i get no replys. Im normally on between 7pm-10pm GMT UK time, This is the last cacturae or however its spelt fight i need and help will be much appreciated. Thanks guys feel free to send me PM here or send /tell ingame i have SMN/BLM/NIN/WAR all lvl 90 if that helps win the fight.
Cheers guys
Brevalaer

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Brevalaer
By Caitsith.Brevalaer 2011-01-21 10:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ok im @ work atm just cos my spelling isnt that great, pls dont knock me. I have to post this during my break so dont exactley have time to look up my spelling.
[+]
By Sambb 2011-01-21 10:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

your looking for a pick up win basically for free...

you either

A) need to be lucky.... or

B) offer some one something for doing this for you, no doubt any one who brews this mob for you will want something....

so suggestion is this get the Key Items required for the fight yourself, shout Rani kill can I have it Items to brewer.... and you will get some one say they will do it guranteed...

Your basically saying you want something for nothing here otherwise....
 Caitsith.Brevalaer
By Caitsith.Brevalaer 2011-01-21 11:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ok looks like only the jokers, or ppl who have no intention to help are replyin. This game is not just about getting items, it is also about helping out ppl when you can, which i do a lot. Im only asking for help killing rani. Not for ppl to kill for me, as i am quite competent at the jobs i have i dont want someone to just come brew it for me, and that is not what i am asking, I am asking for help with a fight i cannot do on my own.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-21 11:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Brev without sounding like a troll, you can try camping the pop spot and ask people to invite you for the "win" either when they are fighting or about to fight. Usually people have room and if you tell them you're not interested in drops they will let you join, my friend killed Rani twice by just being in the area and asking a group to invite him (2nd time was trying to get the atma). We also had the same thing happen when our group didnt get claim on Iratham before a small JP group, we asked to form ally so we didn't have to wait for repop told them we wouldn't cast lots they let us form :)
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-21 11:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Brevalaer said:
ok looks like only the jokers, or ppl who have no intention to help are replyin. This game is not just about getting items, it is also about helping out ppl when you can, which i do a lot. Im only asking for help killing rani. Not for ppl to kill for me, as i am quite competent at the jobs i have i dont want someone to just come brew it for me, and that is not what i am asking, I am asking for help with a fight i cannot do on my own.

u have to brew it, his meteor takes off a good chunk off the brewer, and dont forget about how high his -PDT% can reach (90% f u take a while)

we did again this past week for peeps that missed the first time, basically we hit blue and then red and then brew

let are BLU have fun with his new almace and chant this time lol
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-21 11:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say you HAVE to brew it, but I've heard of groups fighting it for 2+ hrs without a brew (that doesn't sound very fun) so brewing sounds much more reasonable.

Also I'm wondering how a big party/alliance of CORs NINs RNGs SAM/RNGs etc would do considering his -PDT is not affected by ranged attack anyone know anyone who has tried this? I guess you would still need someone to hold him, maybe pets? I dunno.. I don't know enough CORs and RNGs I don't think but would be interesting.