Rift - So, Who Is Going To Get This?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Rift - So, who is going to get this?
Rift - So, who is going to get this?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-18 23:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Endgame Preview

If this is what we can expect, then I have high hopes.

My RIFT Photobucket Album (Password is takeatylenol)

I'll be updating this a lot after release cataloging what I see and find cool. Should be exciting!
 Quetzalcoatl.Aaradia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: izzlet
By Quetzalcoatl.Aaradia 2011-02-19 00:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Mebbe I'll roll with some of you guys after beta, as long as it's on a PvE server anyway. :< Finally gave in and preordered it, having too much fun running around barding it up not to.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-19 00:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, FFXIAH guild! Can name ourselves The Scrajaerators

EDIT: To BT users, from the executive producer himself:

Scott said:
As we’ve mentioned in a couple other threads today, resolving the traffic issues that our BT Internet users were having while playing RIFT was a large, company-wide priority for us.

Trion worked directly today with much of the senior technical personnel at BT to resolve this problem for our mutual customers. BT’s team and senior management were very responsive (helping us out late Friday night their time) and they were equally concerned about their customers’ experience. They eagerly collaborated with Trion’s engineers and Operations team to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

We will continue to pursue similar issues with other Internet Providers worldwide as they appear, to ensure that everyone across the globe has an excellent of an experience playing RIFT as we can possibly provide.

Thank you all for sticking through this with us. We appreciate all of your reports, your testing help, and your patience.

We will continue to keep an eye out over the weekend (and thereafter) to ensure that this issue is put to bed for good. Please do let us know of your experiences.

Thanks,

- Scott
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-19 03:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Endgame Preview

I'll be updating this a lot after release cataloging what I see and find cool. Should be exciting!

/jealous of your awesome graphics settings

im really actually tempted to get this. when i first heard about it i didnt think i'd be interested, but after playing it a while its been really fun
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-19 12:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Endgame Preview

Quote:
What's really interesting about the open world mechanic, however, is that other people can join your raid to help you fight off the baddies. The more people who are helping, the harder the encounter becomes. The way the developers have combated griefing and ninjalooting is that only the people in the group that opened the Rift will receive proper loot, whereas the helpers will just receive some tokens and cash.

Well done.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-19 12:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

indeed, theres a little circular window that appears above quests when doing a rift event, it counts down time to rift collapse and some other things im not sure, and when the event finishes, each individual gets there own personal reward based on performance. its an amazing system
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-19 12:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the endgame comes to fruition. If it's as awesome as it sounds, then all of the people who are complaining around other boards about, "Oooooh the endgame is gonna suck it's gonna be just like WoW except it's gonna suck", better prepare to eat their hats.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-19 14:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I know nothing about WoW endgame. FFXI is actually the only MMO I've participated in endgame (at least prior to abyssea...).
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-19 15:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

you missed some epic invasions prothe, and we won them too, i finally got a sourcestone so i got my pants and also the planar bow.

i am loving my bard/ranger/saboteur to death man, its an amazing role
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-19 15:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah sab is sick, add the support and heals of bard and it's a pretty broken combo. Paragon/riftblade/champion is my favorite by far. Beastmaster's kitty is cool, but I can BULL RUSH WITH THE POWER OF ZUUL now. D: Prolly end up rolling a paladin on release to start with tho and then sub paragon as my second non-PvP role 'cause I like taking the hits for mah team.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-19 15:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

this is my current build so farim thinking of taking some points out of ranger and putting them in sab though

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNcT.Go.Vckzz.G0M

edit: missed a few points
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-19 15:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My builds for 50:

Paladin

Paragon
 Bismarck.Rharmony
Server: Bismarck
user: Rharmon
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2011-02-19 15:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm liking Druid/Shaman/Justicar so far >_>
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-19 17:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on my second role. It's rough since I'm so used to my original role now.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-19 18:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i just remembered i have xmas giftcards =D
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-20 01:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

omg, i did my first realm of the fae today...

this game is *** amazing
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-20 02:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

WHAT?!?!? THEY WOULD DESECRATE MY MEAAAAAAAAD GARDEN?!
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-20 07:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm debating on if I want to continue with what I'm doing (level 18 cleric) or start another char to play with rogue/warrior.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-20 13:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

play with rogue! on gnarlwood!

EDIT
i worked out a build for 50
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MNcT.m.VIdqisskqz.xRMss

and when we got to that part of RoF we were like "o.o"
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-20 15:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I've ever been so amused by an MMO boss ever. Seriously. And yeah Krizz, I guess it depends on how you feel about it but spoiling everything before release is something I've been trying to avoid. I've been making different characters with different soul combos and on each faction to get a feel for everything instead of plowing through the entire game before it's relevant.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-20 18:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I created a Guardian cleric. If I had known the high elves got a wisdom bonus, I would've went with them to begin with. I went with a purely offensive build this time.

It's interesting, but has a serious lack of healing (at this point anyway). I might go back to my Sentinel / Purifier / Warden build at retail. At least for my "rift/raid build". I might use my current one for my solo build. Ugh, so many choices.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rharmony
Server: Bismarck
user: Rharmon
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2011-02-20 19:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a new character~ name is Yukiko. Add me :D
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-20 19:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i have 6 characters so far, Irohuro(G,R), Irodessus(D,M), Irotrinarus(G,W), Irokertus(D,C), and now Irosectus(G,M)

G=guardian
D=defiant
R=rogue
M=mage
W=warrior
C=cleric

so far rogue has been the only one to really interest me, but i've been playing my cleric second most, its justicar/Druid/sentinel, and my second mage is going to be pyro/elem/dom
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-20 22:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I really want to hold off until Thursday to play again but I'm having some serious riftdrawals.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-21 02:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i logged off on the border of droughtlands and freemarch on my guardian XD
i went exploring today since i didnt think i'd be on tomorrow
 Unicorn.Tessy
Server: Unicorn
user: Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-02-21 02:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Unicorn.Tessy said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Cheshire Cat.
O.o never heard of it, but looks coolish :D Well i'm off for a night sleep, take care everyone!
Alice in Wonderland! Nighty night.
It's not just from alice in wonderland, but yea, that's what it's most known for.

O.o it is the black cat wich can pop out of the hat with the green eyes, who also is friends with the hatmager? if so then I know wich it is :P Thanks for the info.
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-02-21 02:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Endgame Preview If this is what we can expect, then I have high hopes. My RIFT Photobucket Album (Password is takeatylenol) I'll be updating this a lot after release cataloging what I see and find cool. Should be exciting!

Very cool Endgame preview, so looking forward to this when the realese come out.
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2011-02-21 02:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone else feel like mages are a bit lack luster? The 1.5 sec GCD really hurts mages.

I also feel like the grind 35+ is really hard to get through. It's a job to get to the next level(reminds of XI a lot though). While I welcome the challenge mostly, it's the fact that even rifts have become redundant.

Rifts don't really change much. I want them to be more epic than that level 10 zone in the level 40 zone.

The mobs are just harder, there's no elements that make them more interesting and makes me want to go rift hunting. Not even the exp rewards are as great as the were when I was in freemarch.

It really sucks that invasion happen so infrequently too the higher you get up.

I only hope that this changes when this goes live when people don't care about losing their character. I want to see the world changing and be invigorating post freemarch and the guardian side starting area. Stonefield was okay... but past that... good luck.

Dungeons are AWESOME though.

Droughtlands right now are like... dead...
 Unicorn.Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-02-21 02:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't say much regarding rift yet because I only played the first Beta and then decided to wait for the real realese to come out. I want to enter a new game and not knowing to much pre-hands :)
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2011-02-21 03:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind running through the same content. In fact, I plan on making a rogue, mage, and possibly a cleric at launch.

I just hate warrior lol.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8