Rift - So, Who Is Going To Get This?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Rift - So, who is going to get this?
Rift - So, who is going to get this?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-01-25 06:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Ya it was in like early august or mid july they announced PC and PS3 release date of FF14 in DEC 2010. Then sept came and released early and they pushed back ps3 to march of this year, which has now been pushed back indefinately.
Oh okay, you said FFXI, not FFXIV, that's why I was like "Wtf how is that even possible?"
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-25 10:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got it patched already ^^
By KappoXIV 2011-01-25 14:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played through a couple of rounds of Rift beta testing so far. It is worth a look for any fantasy mmo lover. From a FF MMO player's perspective, the PVE I've seen in Rift so far is pretty awesome. The class system took what I thought was cool about XIV's system and blew it out of the water. And the storyline I have experienced so far is great. It's not on par with Final Fantasy, but most games aren't.

I'm still holding out hope for XIV, but I honestly don't think it will even be fun to play (for me personally) for at least another six months to a year. Sadly, the current and apparent future focus of XI does not appeal to me at all. Final Fantasy XI gave me six excellent years of gaming and unforgettable friendships, but that game is over for me now. So, I will be playing Rift for the foreseeable future. My heart will always be that of a Tarutaru, however.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-01-25 22:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I really want to get the game now that I've played the beta more.

Yes it's a lot like WoW but I really don't see that as a bad thing.

I'll have to see what the endgame is like before I do get it tho.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-07 17:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well closed beta 6 ended this afternoon, was a blast. For those of you that never got beta invites, there's going to be a 6 day OPEN beta starting from Feb. 14. I assume what you have to do is create a Trion account and download the client come the 14th.

THERE'S PONIES AND EVERYTHING.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-07 22:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite them not hiring me when I applied a few months ago, I'm looking forward to playing. J's had nothing but good things to say about Trion Worlds, and everything I've seen supports it so far.
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-02-07 23:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like a well rounded game. THe only real problem I had with it is how the characters move. Like walking seems a lot less fluid than (I think) it should be.

Riding a mount in that game is a great example, it just felt clunky and awkward.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-11 20:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the situation is as follows.

Feb. 15 - Feb. 21: Beta 7 (Open Beta)
*EVERYONE can get into this. If you're interested in trying the game, you just have to go to the RIFT beta page and click the big purple button that says "REGISTER FOR OPEN BETA". You'll get an email within the next couple of days saying your account is flagged for beta access and you can join in. When you get this email, you'll be able to access the "Download Client" link on your Trion account page and patch the game up to its current build ahead of time.

Feb. 24 - March 1: Head Start Event (Preorders)
*If you've already preordered, you can play in the head start event. Pretty standard for most MMOs coming out these days really, not much to cover.
**If you preordered the collector's edition and are getting a PHYSICAL VERSION of the game (not digital download) then you CAN access your preorder and collector's items in the beta and head start. Simply contact Trion with a picture of your proof of purchase and account name etc. and they can flag you for CE status. Do NOT send your password, that's never required.

March 1st: Launch! (Yay!)

Overall I'm very pleased with what RIFT is shaping up to be. It's great for PvE and excellent for PvP (TRUE world PvP). Overall a VERY polished experience for a game that's in its beta phase. You can see for yourself in the open beta!
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-02-11 21:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

friend made me curious about RIFT.
right now my alternate MMO that replaces FF14 and kinda FF11 is DCU Online

as curious about this game, for Open Btea, i doubt its going to happen, as i see a big problem with the Open Beta date.

Feb-15 = MvC3 releases too.....
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-11 22:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard interesting things about this game, many of which are not that good.

For one, they seem to be trying to trump WoW rather than just compete alongside it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-11 22:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't. People who call it a WoW clone are blithering drones, for the most part. It incorporates elements from many more MMOs than just the one, and it most certainly has never been said to be striving to conquer WoW rather than run with it. The gameplay and the community are spot on in my opinion, and of course a lot of that comes from borrowing ideas from other MMOs. But let's face it, how many ideas did WoW borrow at its conception? Yeah.

Edit: I'd also like to add that Rift DOES add its own unique systems and whatnot. Content that is constantly variable and that, to my knowledge, no other MMO uses. Rift events can spawn anywhere on the map, and they involve public (or private if you prefer to keep your group small) groups set to defeat waves of monsters or complete other objectives to close the rift. There are also zone-wide invasions that involve MULTIPLE rifts and enemy invasion forces that must be repelled with large amounts of people. These events scale based on how many people are in the zone, etc. and happen completely randomly, in random locations. PvP is really interesting too, it's like UO's original PvP in that you can attack and take over towns and quest hubs if you so choose on PvP servers, and the opposing faction really has to work together to take it back.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-11 22:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

!
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2011-02-11 22:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Thread should be titled "So who wants to play another WoW clone?"

Ya no kidding. I've been in a few of the beta events for Rift and it is alot like WoW.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-11 22:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I took one look at the art style and dismissed it. That may seem like a silly reason to dismiss a game, but an MMO is just a little more than a two-week distraction. This is something you intend to spend many, many hours with, and I can't take a game seriously enough when the shoulder armor is larger than the NPC/PC itself. Sorry.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-11 23:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't convince everyone. However, if you're someone that wants to give it a go, the information is a few posts up.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-12 08:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my e-mail yesterday for the upcoming beta =D

At least their updater is doing good. Downloading at 1.95 MB/s.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-12 08:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Garlend said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Thread should be titled "So who wants to play another WoW clone?"
Ya no kidding. I've been in a few of the beta events for Rift and it is alot like WoW.
*sigh* . . . If you want to be technical every new mmo these days is a rip off from another mmo. Rift uses aspects/ideas from many mmo's such as WoW(duh) Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Dark Age of Camelot, FFXI, Aion and so on. and adds its own unique touch to it.
If you want to break it down and see where Rift gets all its little touches from go play those games.
Example)
Those giant rift things you see, essentially public quests from warhammer online

The class system, pretty much from Dark Age of Camelot

gay dungeons you repeat over for gears so you can do more dungeons to replace your gears to then show off your gears, pretty much a WoW thing.

Imo Rift is fun, especially when you get a group of friends that play it together :D
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-12 09:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Got my e-mail yesterday for the upcoming beta =D

At least their updater is doing good. Downloading at 1.95 MB/s.

Yeah the updater's marvelous. I got 2-3mb/s, which I didn't even know my ISP was capable of. :X
 Ramuh.Bigdawgrr
user: Bigdawgrr
By Ramuh.Bigdawgrr 2011-02-12 09:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

gameplay looks like a wow clone but the class system looks way sweeter and the graphics look way less cartoonish than WoW, and we won't have gnomes running around -__-
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-12 10:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

While I suggest watching the whole thing, (and his other two videos on RIFT for that matter), the last part starting at about 5:40 is pretty much how I feel about it. You can't clone something that's a clone to begin with really.

Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-02-12 10:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

too comic-like looking.
too fast paced button mashing for abilitys.

is too WoW like.

has interesting abilities in certain classes though

when it's coming out a monthly fee for a type of game i don't really like?
no thanks.

but points for trying Rift. i am sure they will get their audience.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-12 10:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Play to Win!
Defeat any dungeon boss and you could be eligible to win an NVIDIA 460 video card! Terms and conditions apply, click here for details. And In-Game Prize Packs will be given away to ten (10) select players who complete the objective!

I need a 460 for my other desktop...
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-12 10:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Rift wasn't too bad, it was pretty fun playing Bard on it. I got network lag though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-12 10:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Giant turtles > giant chickens. Just saying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-12 10:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Giant turtles > giant chickens. Just saying.
giant 2-headed turtles > giant chickens
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-12 10:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

*** be hatin' in my Unicorn Utopia? Derp derp.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2011-02-12 11:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I like this game. I play a rogue class and its fun. I been playing WoW for 6 years and this not the same as WoW. There are similar stuff to WoW but its tweaked differently. I see it more like Warhammer, Dark Age of Camelot, and a few others mixed in than just WoW.

I like the graphics, it doesn't have that cartoon feel like WoW... Just the mobs are of course fantasy-like but the surroundings are different than WoW...

I like mmo's that at least give the real world effect such as the grass looks real and color, trees, etc.

The characters are better looking but we only had a limited choice. I like the class profession choices you can pick so there is a variety of rogues, bards, etc. I tried 1 where I was bladedancer & hunter at same time (didnt get to 3rd choice on that char) and then tried str8 rogue class only as bladedancer, assassin (i think thats what its called), and i think the 3rd class was ice type rogue.

It's different and that's how mmo's should be to me.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-17 10:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that the beta is going, who is playing? I've been playing it, and I enjoy it. However, I'm undecided if I'm going to start playing at retail. Though getting my tax refund tomorrow may be the catalyst for me adding yet another MMO to my list.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8