Optimal Rudra's Set?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Optimal Rudra's set?
Optimal Rudra's set?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 02:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
is there a curve for crit dmg that i wasnt aware of?
Technically there is a curve for any + % dmg.

Think about it if you are already doing +1000% dmg do you think +3% (assuming its the same kind therefore additive) would be as effective as when you have +0%? Percentage wise anyways. It would add the same amount of dmg.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-01-28 02:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-28 02:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i see, atheling it is then
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 02:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw can you still proc double attack when you are forcing it? If not nifty mantle might be good too
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-01-28 02:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

aff i totally forgot about that

and no lol you cant
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 02:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've been spamming nms for lvl 80 armaggedon and kannagi so we have tons of those lieing around

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 03:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
The only thing that lack diminishing returns is haste.
DW and martial arts too. But that's because they aren't technically adding anything but instead lowering delay.

Oh and I think +magic burst dmg since I think each one is counted seperately

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2011-01-28 04:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

In response to the OP, I would change the Raider's Earring and probably use a Thundersoul Ring instead of the Rajas as well. Rudra's has a 60% dex mod and 1% TA rate is pretty lame so I'd take a good pixie or thunder pearl in its place, especially since there is the consideration of SA + Rudra's since this is thief which gives the dex a two fold effect. Rudra's is basically Mercy Stroke +1 with dex instead of strength mod meaning the bulk of a thf's damage comes from the first hit crit and a thief won't get crits on the offhand or multi procs. If he's using AoA he has a 25% TA rate (Triple Attack rate merits are expected) which results in even quicker diminishing returns from more TA rate than without.

My favorite Rudra's build would probably look like this. I know the Jupiter's Pearl earrings are unrealistic but a set of thunder pearl is easy enough if you can find a goldsmith to make them for you (auction is overpriced). This is my personal "dream" build for Rudra's.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 04:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Tp gain per hit does go down but attack speed tends to increase faster so your tp/time can go up or down depending on where you are on the curve
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2011-01-28 10:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I imagine users lacking a love torque and a cuchalain's belt would use the gorget and ele belt since this is essentially a single hit WS?

I know for evis or DE the gorget and belt are not the best, but they were still worthy of using for SB or MS. Applying that logic they come in second behind the torque and belt?

I actually did my math wrong this morning. Soil Gorget and belt is better than love torque/cuch belt.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-28 10:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're doing the math a little wrong. 5 DEX from Love Torque will increase Rudra's base damage 2-3.

Damage added from DEX because of Sneak Attack is outside the fTP term. You can think of it as an additional crit hit with base damage equal to your DEX. So Love Torque does add another 5 base damage to that term, but it isn't multiplied by fTP, which is (as you mention) huge.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 10:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he's putting in terms of dmg with everything but pdif. IE factoring in ftp too. Of course in that case it 8 at min 13 max unless you get double/triple attack proc or miss some hits
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 11:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You still did it wrong. And it isn't just based on floor of wsc but the ftp too.

Which is why I did the min and the max. Also you forgot the offhand hit which is basically another 1 to ftp. And as far as the .1 ftp increase you only factored in the base dmg from dex forgetting fstr and dagger base dmg

Which brings me to:

It's generally easier to put things in terms of % change in dmg. Like for ftp you don't even have to touch base dmg from any source just .1/ftp pre-gorget. Then for dex find the base dmg added by that amount of dex and approximate base dmg before that addition and divide
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-28 11:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Very interesting. I'll definitely look into getting a love torque and/or cuchu belt. Not sure yet if I'm willing to drop rajas/eponas for dex rings.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 11:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure I'd trade eponas for dex but rajas sure if you get a 7 stat one or get one of the 6's with att from the seal quest.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-28 12:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Not sure I'd trade eponas for dex but rajas sure if you get a 7 stat one or get one of the 6's with att from the seal quest.

Best I've gotten from the quest is resist stun+2 or some garbage like that after ~30 turn ins. I assume those +7 rings are crazy expensive as well.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 12:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Best I've gotten from the quest is resist stun+2 or some garbage like that after ~30 turn ins. I assume those +7 rings are crazy expensive as well.
Actually from what I've seen they tend to be cheaper to make than the 6 stat ones by alot. I like the quest because well I need 2 of the seals from it too
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-28 12:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Would rajas be better than thundersoul if fSTR is not capped?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 12:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you get full use of the str yes
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2011-01-28 23:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You still did it wrong.

I agree. I had to leave for work earlier and rushed that math which I shouldn't have done. I just got a chance to try out some actual scenarios and the soil gorget and belt do win out over love torque and cuchulain's belt. This is because we have such huge base stats to begin with and the fTP has a lot to mod. And as our base dex values climb even higher in future patches this trend will pull the soil gorget/belt even farther ahead. I also retract my statement about epona's ring, however if your strength is capped then a Thundersoul Ring is definitely better than Rajas ring, and a good attack auged Jupiter's ring is too even if strength isn't capped.

However my commentary on the raider's earring stands. 1% triple attack is inferior to 3 dex and a thunder pearl will beat out Raider's Earring.
 Shiva.Falseliberty
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Falseliberty 2011-01-29 12:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

btw i saw the jupiter's pearl and noticed none have ever sold on shiva
is that synergy?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-29 13:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Falseliberty said:
btw i saw the jupiter's pearl and noticed none have ever sold on shiva is that synergy?
I beleive so. IT should be in the update notes
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2011-01-29 20:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Jupiter's Pearl is the HQ of thunder pearl, so it would be a royal pain to find. Thunder pearl is NQ though and isn't worth the price being charged atm. If you know a synergist you could probably get one made for ~~~ 700-800k rather than the 1.5-2 mil people are trying to get atm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny 2011-02-25 18:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen soil gorget mentioned a few times here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't only aqua/snow gorget/belt work since rudra's properties are darkness/distortion? According to this bg thread the lv3 property doesn't mean you can use 4 gorgets (only tested with relic ws). I haven't tested this personally since I logged as soon as I got twashtar85.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-26 05:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Aqua/Snow/Shadow should work. Sorry if I said Soil at some point.

Currently my Rudra's setup on Dancer is this:

Moonshade has TP Bonus +25/Attack+4. I should probably replace Brutal with Jupiter's Pearl, but they're never up.