Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Thf Af3 Set Bonus
Thf Af3 Set Bonus
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 02:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically you go out and do super sucky dmg prolonging the fight causing more tps... even more since you aren't using GH too... and making any other sources of dmg and healing hold back further prolonging the fight...

Sounds like fun times. At this point why are you even tanking on thf again? At that point even a war using a couple of evasion atmas and an hp atma would have more evasion and hp probably. And eat your hate off you like it wasn't even funny.

Better yet get a blu with double evasion atmas on and spam hate spells to take with giving 0 tp to the mob! Well except the occasional headbutt... but disease from other spells will take care of that as well as tp stealing moves... actually that's a rather interesting idea...
By Sambb 2011-01-13 06:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

you really dont have clue do you....

When you have actually tanked a NM dasva of any significance let me know.

Dmg does not suck and as for pro longing a fight and giving more TP? wtf you talking about thf has access to plenty of subtle blow gear and auspice from whm giving low tp out put so once again your statement is complete trash. Also the high AGI you can take using atma or gear on thf means even more subtle blow so again your statement is just wrong.

and war using eva atma nice.... so gimp their dmg just to tank?

your so wrong on many many levels....

I think im going to stop this conversation to let you go back to TA SA convo its more on your wave length I think.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-13 06:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sambb said:

Dmg does not suck and as for pro longing a fight and giving more TP? wtf you talking about thf has access to plenty of subtle blow gear and auspice from whm giving low tp out put so once again your statement is complete trash. Also the high AGI you can take using atma or gear on thf means even more subtle blow so again your statement is just wrong.

I think im going to stop this conversation to let you go back to TA SA convo its more on your wave length I think.

What dasva is trying to say is that regardless of how well you are tanking on thf, another job can do it just as well, while using better DD atmas to speed up the fight
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-13 06:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Hmm...

THF is a really nice tank against anything that doesn't oneshot and doesn't hate reset though.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-13 06:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I find THF's actually not so bad on hate reset mobs since you can keep the already low whm hate even lower with collaborator. More for duos though, I rarely tank on thf in party situations, hehe.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 12:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
What dasva is trying to say is that regardless of how well you are tanking on thf, another job can do it just as well, while using better DD atmas to speed up the fight
This... or at least a non taru thf in fights where mobs can just drop you if you don't have Hp atmas.

Sambb said:

and war using eva atma nice.... so gimp their dmg just to tank? your so wrong on many many levels....

I'll let you know that any job I play rips hate off of thfs that don't use DD atmas. While trying not to.

Dmg doesn't suck eh? Guess you have no clue what good dmg is. So your telling not only are you not going to use DD atmas but you are going to tp in subtle blow/agi and rely on a whm further slowing your dmg? And forget your agi atmas you already said 3 hp atmas.

Yes a war using evas atmas would gimp there dmg... kinda like a thf using hp atmas... hmmm maybe that was the entire point of me saying that?

I think I'll stop here and let you go back to your tanking against 0 DDs. Or at least 0 competent DDs since you are starting to sound like those butthurt plds that say we can still tank as long as the DDs don't ws or something lol. I can still do dmg then throws out some super low number that everyone laughs at
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-13 12:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sambb said:

He has his own NM?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-01-14 21:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Gnarled Horn reports :Minor (20% rate) on wiki and Scorpion Queen, :Minor, reports 10% rate on Critical Hit Rate.

Is Gnarled Horn typo'd, or which is correct I wonder?

Yes it's typo'd.

At one point we mistakenly thought that crit rate from capped at 50% in addition to crit damage because we thought two atmas were interchangeable due to GH being listed as Minor.

Also the set bonus works with Mandau hidden (seen a 3k+ crit without SA), and since Mandau's hidden works with sneak attack, I'm waiting for the lucky 5k screen shot opportunity
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-14 22:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night after getting my twashtar I hit a 2k crit on a pixie in la theine. Aftermath was up and I was wearing 4/5 af3+2. My regular crits were doing ~200 damage each. Assuming set bonus AND aftermath procced at the same time, I should have done ~1200 damage (200x3x2). I have absolutely no idea how it spiked to 2k. Any information on this?
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-01-16 07:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be perhaps there is an unknown modifier in the Dbl/Trpl proc that goes beyond pure "multiplicative" damage increase. Perhaps it might also have a more "hidden" effect on weapon damage, which would account for the unusually higher critical hit damage mayhaps?

Either way, are you positive your regular crits were doing ~200? On Pixies in La'theine even withmy crappy-ness my critical hits do ~220/240 or so using RR/GH/Apoc. Then again I generally use YCB or RCB... Maybe my memory is skewed :|

Either way it would be quite interesting to investigate further! Have you ever done a expected 1,200 Dmg proc? Cause if you've done an expected value of 1,200, then still an unexpected 2,000, theres an unknown factor... Otherwise when 2 bonuses proc theres an unexpected outcome.